This Romney did too excuse

I'm not holding my breath that Romney will keep his word.

If he repeals then replaces with something that is less government intrusive and simpler I'd be much more inclined to be ok with that. Depends on exactly what it is, though.

He will drop parts that are useless just so he can say he did.

then keep parts that make him look like a great guy, so he can get re-elected.

Freedom, costs and the Constitution will be of no concern to him.

I think your first two sentences are close to what may happen.

The last sentence means that Romney is not an extremist to either side or a libertarian.

Romneys a moderate. He's talking the conservative talk, but that's just cuz we are the cool kids right now.

don't worry, Mitt will remember he's a republican and go back to biz as usual.

Has he chirped that he will drop the Patriot Act yet?

Some believe Romney when he talks about repeal. He means by 'repeal' let's do it my way.

Who knows what Romney means? I am still trying to figure out what he was against before he was for and what he was for before he was against .

No logical falacy

Romney is attacking Obamacare as unnecessary and unwarranted at he same time he passed a similar bill.

The logic is called hypocrisy

Calling a Bill passed for a tiny state with a Tiny Population, by a State Government, the similar to a Bill that Effects 1/6th the US economy, and every Person living in the Country, passed by the Federal Government. Is also a Fallacy.

You guys like to Keep pointing out Obama Care was Modeled on Romney Care, but you seem to not want to look at how much Romney Care is Costing that State, and how Those Costs continue to Spiral out of control.

lol

How does size matter?

A mandate is a mandate

Nice avoidance.

Rightwinger,

You are apparently not very smart. If you were, you would admit "you did it too" is a logical fallacy AND tell us what that type of logical fallacy is called.

Depends on the point you are trying to make

Calling a Bill passed for a tiny state with a Tiny Population, by a State Government, the similar to a Bill that Effects 1/6th the US economy, and every Person living in the Country, passed by the Federal Government. Is also a Fallacy.

You guys like to Keep pointing out Obama Care was Modeled on Romney Care, but you seem to not want to look at how much Romney Care is Costing that State, and how Those Costs continue to Spiral out of control.

lol

How does size matter?

A mandate is a mandate

Nice avoidance.

You failed to answer the question

How can Romney stand up and say a government mandate is wrong

There is a difference between the tu quoque fallacy and hypocrisy.

A tu quoque fallacy is when you are caught doing something and then excuse your behavior by pointing out that someone else did the same thing. Also known as "two wrongs make a right".

Hypocrisy is when you condemn someone for doing something, and then are found to have done the same thing, or are caught in the future doing the same thing.

This is why I so frequently warn partisans when they condemn an action that either has already been done by their side, or most certainly will be in the future. If I am asking you, "Is that where you really want to set the bar?", I am marking the occasion where you set yourself up for hypocrisy.

Romney's argument is that Obama's mandate is different than his mandate. But for those of us who believe a mandate is wrong no matter who does it, Romney's argument comes across as neither a tu quoque fallacy or hypocrisy.

It comes across as Romney not getting the point. It means Romney doesn't get that what he did was just as wrong as what Obama did.

Last edited:
Simple logic

How does Romney say the Government mandating that people be insured is wrong when he did it himself and has not disavowed it?

is bullshit.

Someone smart tell us what kind of logical fallacy it is.

Hey, don't drink and drive, it's bad. Well, you drank and drove one time.

So fucking what? Drinking and driving is still bad.

American politics is idiotic.

Well if Romney was smart enough to think of it before the obummer then Romney is our man.

Simple logic

How does Romney say the Government mandating that people be insured is wrong when he did it himself and has not disavowed it?

Romney has not condemned the mandate, per se. You will not find him on record saying a mandate is unconstitutional or against freedom and libery.

So for those who rant and rave and are angry about the loss of freedom and liberty that Obama's mandate brings, they would be hypocritical for not thinking the same of Romney.

Which then brings us to, "Now what?" You have two rat bastards who oppose freedom and liberty from which to choose as your leader.

Last edited:
Simple logic

Romney has not condemned the mandate, per se.

So for those who rant and rave and are angry about the loss of freedom and liberty that Obama's mandate brings, they would be hypocritical for not thinking the same of Romney.

Romney can't push the issue

He invented the government mandate

Simple logic

Romney has not condemned the mandate, per se.

Romney can't push the issue

He invented the government mandate

He did not invent it.

Simple logic

But the MISSING piece of the puzzle RightwingShitflinger is that it was DONE...as a soverign State under the auspies of the 9th and 10th Amendments.

NOT Federally. :eusa_hand:

Go find another clue asshole.

So you believe a mandate is okay? Is that where you want to set the bar? I would like you on record as saying a state mandate that forces you to buy a commercial health insurance product is okay with you.

Last edited:
That feeling you are feeling right now is called cognitive dissonance.

Mitt Romney believes the government can force you to buy health insurance.

He has never apologized for doing it, has never excused doing it, and has never repudiated what he did.

The GOP candidate for President believes you can be forced to buy health insurance.

No amount of your freedom loving flag waving will make that fact go away.

So everything you have ever said with respect to Obama and a mandate which forces you to buy health insurance applies equally to Mitt Romney.

Last edited:
Dumbfuck, there is a difference between a state doing it compared to the Federal Govt making a board sweeping change across the USA where other states oppose it.

If the wackos of MA want to pay for their neighbor's brown teeth, then so be it but don't force me in another state to pay for them.

is bullshit.

No logical falacy

Romney is attacking Obamacare as unnecessary and unwarranted at he same time he passed a similar bill.

The logic is called hypocrisy

Did you read the other post that Massachusett's has 8 percent uninsured without an illegal problem as big as the nation's? One is a state program and the other is a federal.

is bullshit.

It's called tu quoque, a.k.a. appeal to hypocrisy.

Forum List

Back