This REAlly Works!!

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Went to a Seafood restaurant the other night with friends looking to realx and catch-up, the restaurant apparently has a new policy of playing very loud music and occasionally have very loud sirens blarring when they played YMCA by the Village people. At the next table was several couples with many badly behaved children yelling, screaming over ballon hats they were getting made by the staff while the parents apparently imune were downing Martinis by the pitcher.

Impossible to talk or relax until I realized I had a pair of printers earplugs with me in my purse from dad, the kind that are orange and foamy, also come in yellow. They work! I was able to drown out all the loud noise and could only hear my friends talking. Needless to say I was the only one able to enjoy my dinner and relax.

:thup:

There's a Joe's about 1/2 a mile from my office. We went there once or twice when they first opened five years ago and haven't been back since. It is noisy, the food is suspect and frankly, to me, the atmosphere just plain sux!

freeandfun1 said:
There's a Joe's about 1/2 a mile from my office. We went there once or twice when they first opened five years ago and haven't been back since. It is noisy, the food is suspect and frankly, to me, the atmosphere just plain sux!

I first went there about 2 years ago, and the food was great, the atmoshpere was relatively quiet, with low rock music playing in the background. But lately they must have a change in policy and decided to make it more like a disco/theme park type restaurant. If I wanted that Id go to a club and see a band, to me dining is a whole seperate thing.
But to be honest a lot of restaurants are like that lately especially the chain type places, I think Im going to stick with local Mom and Pop places. OR bring my earplugs!! :lalala:

Forum List

Back