this makes me happy - Egyptians flock to buy previously banned books

Keep spewing hate on their march to democracy because you fear human kind.

I believe in democracy and the the spirit of the human race to seek freedom.

You believe is something else

No one is 'spewing hate', except you.... your moronic hatred towards the right is pathetic.

The Egyptians need to read John Adams by Page Smith. I bet that book is not even translated into Arabic.

The also need to read The Seven Pillars of Wisdom so they can understand their history.

Not necessarily. Ask the Iranians whether their revolution turned out the way they wanted, and ask them if they prefer the current regime or the old one. The majority would have the Shah back in a heartbeat. I find it very interesting that we are so blinkered to the pitfalls that await Egypt. I hope they get the real democracy they seem to want, but I fear they will end up with an Islamic state that is even worse than Mubarak.

Ahmadinejad is mostly just a speech giver and figure head, he's pretty much powerless so I have no idea why people give him so much press.

One way or another we'll buy off the next Egyptian leadership so it'll be the same from the U.S. perspective.

It's not about Ahmadinejad, it's about their regime. You think the people in Iran are free? You think they're happy with their stolen revolution? They aren't. They wanted democracy.... they got a theocracy. That is not something we should celebrate happening in Egypt.

Hell no I don't think they're free, that's why I said what I said about Ahmadinejad.

Trust me I don't have any faith in Egyptian democracy, but I don't have any faith in American democracy either. It's government in general I don't have faith in.

Truthmatters where does all this faith come from that Egypt will have a great democracy representing the people? Revolutions happen all the time, look at Africa, doesn't mean it all turns out roses at the end of it.

I have faith in democracy.

The people will riase up and overwhelm these forces who are trying to take the constitution our from underneath us.

The world is now about to swim in the fight for freedom.

Take a look at the mideast and wisconson

Truthmatters where does all this faith come from that Egypt will have a great democracy representing the people? Revolutions happen all the time, look at Africa, doesn't mean it all turns out roses at the end of it.

These people have tasted the fruit of democracy.

Once a man tastes true freedom gained by their own determination you can NEVER take it from him again.

You can enslave them once more but they will strive for freedom with their every breath from that momment on ad will teach it to their children.

There is no putting this jennie back in the bottle.

They saw their power in numbers and will never forget it.

These people have tasted the fruit of democracy.

Once a man tastes true freedom gained by their own determination you can NEVER take it from him again.

You can enslave them once more but they will strive for freedom with their every breath from that momment on ad will teach it to their children.

There is no putting this jennie back in the bottle.

They saw their power in numbers and will never forget it.

Right.........but people thought for decades they had democracy in Egypt and it turned out to be a sham, you don't think sham elections happening again is possible?

No matter how much you wish slavery on these people now it will never be easy to enslave them again.

They have tasted democracy and will crave it evermore.

Good for the Egyptians. I hope they can find all of the books they want...while it lasts

:clap2:

Now truth will think you hate democracy. :lol:

I want everything he says to come true, I also want the quarter I planted in the ground as a kid to grow into a tree with money leaves, doesn't make it so.

I want everything he says to come true, I also want the quarter I planted in the ground as a kid to grow into a tree with money leaves, doesn't make it so.

Me too... despite her insistence that I hate Egypt, and hate democracy. I'm thrilled that Egyptians have found the courage to stand up and fight for democracy... I have two issues:

Firstly, that the Muslim Brotherhood is very well placed to snatch this democracy away and turn it into a theocracy.

Secondly, that many Egyptians don't understand what a democracy REALLY is. So they won't see the above happening until it is too late.

Me too... despite her insistence that I hate Egypt, and hate democracy. I'm thrilled that Egyptians have found the courage to stand up and fight for democracy... I have two issues:

Firstly, that the Muslim Brotherhood is very well placed to snatch this democracy away and turn it into a theocracy.

Secondly, that many Egyptians don't understand what a democracy REALLY is. So they won't see the above happening until it is too late.

I have previously provided evidence that the majority 89 % ( if recall)want strict sharia.

You people opperate on fear.

I opperate on the greatness of democracy and that it holds the life blood of freedom in its arms.

I wish you people believed in it as much as I do and our founders did.

I opperate on the greatness of democracy and that it holds the life blood of freedom in its arms.

Our founding fathers were against political parties and you're a card carrying democrat, so don't play that card with me.

Come on truth matters, nobody is saying what you're saying isn't the right thing morally or what we hope for, it's just not what we expect.

Most of us operate on reality, informed by history.

You appear to operate on some fantasy, informed by some illegal substance.

The founders believed in democracy.

They believed in the freedom of the people.

They gave it to us and we embraced it along with their actions wheich gave the people the tools to create a more perfect union.

The people have done so and made us a more perfect union by ending slavery and giving women the right to vote.

The founders realized they were not perfect which is why they left us the ability to become more perfect.

Forum List

Back