this makes me happy - Egyptians flock to buy previously banned books

The founders believed in democracy.

They believed in the freedom of the people.

They gave it to us and we embraced it along with their actions wheich gave the people the tools to create a more perfect union.

The people have done so and made us a more perfect union by ending slavery and giving women the right to vote.

The founders realized they were not perfect which is why they left us the ability to become more perfect.

This thread is about Egyptians buying books. It is not about our REPUBLIC.... note the word... Republic.

The founders believed in democracy.

They believed in the freedom of the people.

They gave it to us and we embraced it along with their actions wheich gave the people the tools to create a more perfect union.

The people have done so and made us a more perfect union by ending slavery and giving women the right to vote.

The founders realized they were not perfect which is why they left us the ability to become more perfect.

Truth I like where your heart's at but I think you're replacing logic with emotion.

No you just dont believe in democracy.

Democracy is the future of this planet.

I dont fear it taking hold.

I dont think (like some) that it only works with certain types of people.

These people to the man and woman marched for weeks to secure their freedom.

They tasted what it felt like to take your oppressor and by shear force of numbers send him tumbling.

They have tasted the fruit.

There is NOTHING on earth like the taste of power over your own life.

Once tasted for even a second changes a people.

They will NEVER be the sheeple they once were.

Yes someone may be able to enslave them again atr some point ( just like us) but that enslaver will forever have them working from inside to reobtain their freedom.

There are forces in our own country attempting to enslave us as we speak.

Those forces too have gained the wrath of the people.

No matter how much you wish slavery on these people now it will never be easy to enslave them again.

They have tasted democracy and will crave it evermore.

let me wade into this ....

they have tasted democracy and will crave it evermore....

let me remind everyone...the pilots of the jets on 9/11...had all lived in the us for about 2 years....they had tasted freedom at strip bars etc...they rejected freedom and opted for jihad....

unfortunately as much as we like to think freedom is the answer it is not always embraced and held dear...

now as for people piling on to truth matters that is kinda like watching the pots calling the kettle black.....

You people opperate on fear.

I opperate on the greatness of democracy and that it holds the life blood of freedom in its arms.

I wish you people believed in it as much as I do and our founders did.

Most of us operate on reality, informed by history.

You appear to operate on some fantasy, informed by some illegal substance.

why do you not refute or add to what is said....this is just mean girl name calling

Democracy is demonstrated in how the women of a democracy are treated. I don't call sharia law, burka's and female genitalia mutilation signs of democracy. Anybody who does has their heads up their asses.

There are those who pretend to believe in democracy and those who truely do.

I believe in democracy.

Religion indoctrination can blind people to it merits.

One of the reasons I dont much like organized religion.

The people who own the power inside organized religion are not elected by their people.

Organized religions are dictatorships

There are those who pretend to believe in democracy and those who truely do.

I believe in democracy.

Religion indoctrination can blind people to it merits.

One of the reasons I dont much like organized religion.

The people who own the power inside organized religion are not elected by their people.

Organized religions are dictatorships

You believe in democracy for men only obviously.

No you just dont believe in democracy.

Democracy is the future of this planet.

I dont fear it taking hold.

I dont think (like some) that it only works with certain types of people.

These people to the man and woman marched for weeks to secure their freedom.

They tasted what it felt like to take your oppressor and by shear force of numbers send him tumbling.

They have tasted the fruit.

There is NOTHING on earth like the taste of power over your own life.

Once tasted for even a second changes a people.

They will NEVER be the sheeple they once were.

Yes someone may be able to enslave them again atr some point ( just like us) but that enslaver will forever have them working from inside to reobtain their freedom.

There are forces in our own country attempting to enslave us as we speak.

Those forces too have gained the wrath of the people.

Alright Truth just keep sticking to this assumption about me despite being told the exact opposite, just keep in mind in the future when you take issue with someone assuming something about you that isn't true I'm going to remember this discussion and bring it up as you being a hypocrite.

I opperate on the greatness of democracy and that it holds the life blood of freedom in its arms.

why do you not refute or add to what is said....this is just mean girl name calling

What's to respond to? Why should I waste valuable seconds of my time countering 'truthmatters' lies? They are ridiculous.

What's to respond to? Why should I waste valuable seconds of my time countering 'truthmatters' lies? They are ridiculous.

and yet you respond and waste your time with insults?

Revolution in the head and on the page: Writers are waking up to a new dawn across the Arab world - Features, Books - The Independent

In Egypt, and across the Arab world, writers are waking up to the transforming shock of a successful – if unfinished - revolution. From Cairo above all, fiction which depicted the vanquished uprisings of modern Arab history – and the bitter aftermath of defeat – had become a staple of dissident writing. Long before Twitter and Facebook, Arab literature had pleaded for liberation - and shown why that call would have to fail.

From the violently quashed anti-British student protests of February 1946 to the anti-Sadat bread riots of 1977 and more recent spasms of rage against the state machine, writers such as Latifa al-Zayyat, Ibrahim Aslan and Radwa Ashour have made the Cairo rebel rally and its suppression a symbol of thwarted hope. Tahrir Square often took a starring role.

Now all is changed – changed utterly. Across the region, generations of Arab authors pined for freedom but soberly expected no more than stupid censorship at best, torture, jail and exile at worst. As the Lebanese novelist Elias Khoury told me outside the walls of the Alhambra in Granada a couple of years ago, "The problem of the Arabic book is the problem of Arabic society. It is dictatorship and censorship. And this censorship isn't only against writers and books – it's against the whole society."

and yet you respond and waste your time with insults?

Yep. That is the level of response that such ludicrousness deserves. Day in, day out, truthmatters accuses everyone who disagrees with her fantasies as 'liars' and 'haters'. You don't object to that. But I'm not supposed to respond. Double standards again, bones? Color me surprised.

So now Cali is calling a deep abiding belief in democracy a lie.

See how twisted you have become righties?

I wish you could be in Egypt to injoy the festivities.

So now Cali is calling a deep abiding belief in democracy a lie.

See how twisted you have become righties?

I'm not calling a belief in democracy a 'lie', idiot. I'm calling you a liar for your bullshit about everyone who dares be realistic about the situation. And, it's me, an individual.... not 'the right'. I am an individual. Why do you hate individuality?

Our founding fathers were against political parties and you're a card carrying democrat, so don't play that card with me.

Come on truth matters, nobody is saying what you're saying isn't the right thing morally or what we hope for, it's just not what we expect.

I see you are catching on to truthdoesntmatter

Forum List

Back