this makes me happy - Egyptians flock to buy previously banned books

Egyptian flock to buy previously banned books

Among the several changes that are currently taking place in Egypt after the January 25 revolution and the subsequent ouster of the regime is the release of several books previously banned during the rule of former President Hosni Mubarak.

mubarak should have been executed the second he had books banned in the first place

On this we agree. Well, imprisoned, anyway.

It is not for us to say who should or should not be executed anywhere but in our country. Mind your own business. The Egyptians are not children.

lesssseeee, they work for less than two bucks a day, they haven't worked in about 3 weeks, the economy is going down the shitter, there's not a sign of a tourist anywhere,,, what book is so important now???

I hope they hurry. Their 'democracy' may be short lived.

They never had democracy before, so they'll either have it now or it'll be the same as it was.

Not necessarily. Ask the Iranians whether their revolution turned out the way they wanted, and ask them if they prefer the current regime or the old one. The majority would have the Shah back in a heartbeat. I find it very interesting that we are so blinkered to the pitfalls that await Egypt. I hope they get the real democracy they seem to want, but I fear they will end up with an Islamic state that is even worse than Mubarak.

I hope they hurry. Their 'democracy' may be short lived.

They never had democracy before, so they'll either have it now or it'll be the same as it was.

Not necessarily. Ask the Iranians whether their revolution turned out the way they wanted, and ask them if they prefer the current regime or the old one. The majority would have the Shah back in a heartbeat. I find it very interesting that we are so blinkered to the pitfalls that await Egypt. I hope they get the real democracy they seem to want, but I fear they will end up with an Islamic state that is even worse than Mubarak.

Ahmadinejad is mostly just a speech giver and figure head, he's pretty much powerless so I have no idea why people give him so much press.

One way or another we'll buy off the next Egyptian leadership so it'll be the same from the U.S. perspective.

Ahmadinejad is mostly just a speech giver and figure head, he's pretty much powerless so I have no idea why people give him so much press.

One way or another we'll buy off the next Egyptian leadership so it'll be the same from the U.S. perspective.

It's not about Ahmadinejad, it's about their regime. You think the people in Iran are free? You think they're happy with their stolen revolution? They aren't. They wanted democracy.... they got a theocracy. That is not something we should celebrate happening in Egypt.

Keep spewing hate on their march to democracy because you fear human kind.

I believe in democracy and the the spirit of the human race to seek freedom.

You believe is something else

Forum List

Back