This issue is over Factory warranties/Guarantees and service delays

Robert W

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2022
This farmer in South Carolina ran into problems with his PU he bought from family. The family had problems earlier. This poor guy has paid for a Truck that can't be driven by him due to the Dealers problems lasting over 9 weeks at time of his video. So check it out and learn if you can avoid his problems.

@zbrazdis450

3 days ago
I'm a full time mechanic. I work on new Fords on a daily basis. The quality and problems that I've encountered on near new, low mileage Ford vehicles would blow your mind. In 20 years working on cars, I've never seen anything like this. America is in for some very dark days ahead.

This farmer in South Carolina ran into problems with his PU he bought from family. The family had problems earlier. This poor guy has paid for a Truck that can't be driven by him due to the Dealers problems lasting over 9 weeks at time of his video. So check it out and learn if you can avoid his problems.

I had the same type of problems with a 96 Chevy Blazer and turned it back to them for a full refund of purchase price and registration costs on CA Lemon Law. Great law. I purchased a 96 Ford Explorer and drove it over 200K miles before giving it to my daughter and she is still driving it. I worked with a guy that turned back two lemon Duramax pickups in the early 2010s on the same law. He finally got smart and bought a 3/4 ton Dodge.

I had the same type of problems with a 96 Chevy Blazer and turned it back to them for a full refund of purchase price and registration costs on CA Lemon Law. Great law. I purchased a 96 Ford Explorer and drove it over 200K miles before giving it to my daughter and she is still driving it. I worked with a guy that turned back two lemon Duramax pickups in the early 2010s on the same law. He finally got smart and bought a 3/4 ton Dodge.
I have not run into such complaints vs the Dodge Ram Trucks.
Most assume the factories make their own parts. As it turns out, they job parts out to various firms. The Factory in other words essentially assembles a product that to get customers, adds the warranty and Guarantee as needed for sales.

I have not run into such complaints vs the Dodge Ram Trucks.
Most assume the factories make their own parts. As it turns out, they job parts out to various firms. The Factory in other words essentially assembles a product that to get customers, adds the warranty and Guarantee as needed for sales.
I like Fords and have had great luck with them, but if I was to choose another brand of pickup, it would be a Dodge.

They're far too overengineered today.

My friend has one of these that wouldn't start because there was water in one of the tail light lenses. In what world is that not a product of overengeneering?
If I understand, that is called a short and it would only slowly bleed the battery until it has no charge. I call that under engineered.

If I understand, that is called a short and it would only slowly bleed the battery until it has no charge. I call that under engineered.
I cant post links yet, but how about the $5,600 tail light?

How This 2018 Ford F-150’s Faulty Taillight Turned Into a $5,600 Repair posted by the drive dot com​

When a tail light costs $5K to replace due to some minor water intrusion, thats a serious problem. Kind of like the Tesla battery situation where it costs like $15K to replace a bad battery pack in a Model 3. The cost of all this technology is outrageous, and when it breaks it has the bad habit of taking everything with it.

NOpe. It caused a bad sensor reading in the parking sensor that is incorporated in the tail light lense that put a control unit into "fault mode" and killed the truck. Truck would crank all day long because that relay is apparently independent of that particular control unit but no spark or fuel.

Not a drained battery.

I cant post links yet, but how about the $5,600 tail light?

How This 2018 Ford F-150’s Faulty Taillight Turned Into a $5,600 Repair posted by the drive dot com​

When a tail light costs $5K to replace due to some minor water intrusion, thats a serious problem. Kind of like the Tesla battery situation where it costs like $15K to replace a bad battery pack in a Model 3. The cost of all this technology is outrageous, and when it breaks it has the bad habit of taking everything with it.
Thank you for posting that,

Robert W here's a similar case.

Newest car I own is 2013, even the porsche is 22 years old.
Something we agree on.

We don't own anything from the current century.

1968 is the oldest an 1989 is the newest.

The 89 is honestly too solid state reliant for me. Your 2013 would be a nightmare.

If I need to turn the multimeter away from the 12v setting to diagnose a problem... it's too new.

How I feel whenever I've worked on a newer vehicle...

On that timing chain, it is my guess, based on my owning in the past a machine shop, where knowing the metals and grades is a requirement, I judge that the firm that made the timing chain did not follow specifications and used a grade of steel that was too weak.

Also I think that the Factory intentions is for their workers to do all of the work and so when it is harder to do the job, the dealers make a larger income. They are not customer sensitive is my judgement on this. It is to them like making watches. Who wearing watches are experts on watch repairs?

On that timing chain, it is my guess, based on my owning in the past a machine shop, where knowing the metals and grades is a requirement, I judge that the firm that made the timing chain did not follow specifications and used a grade of steel that was too weak.

Also I think that the Factory intentions is for their workers to do all of the work and so when it is harder to do the job, the dealers make a larger income. They are not customer sensitive is my judgement on this. It is to them like making watches. Who wearing watches are experts on watch repairs?
manufacturing order of operations. The engine is built on a bench, so to speak, and installed as a unit. They build them. They don't care about ease of repair.

Forum List

Back