This is what happens when you privatize infrastructure.

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
This is what happens when you privatize infrastructure.
495 Express Lanes toll rises over $31 during Thursday's evening rush hour
TYSONS CORNER, Va. - A traffic incident on the 495 Express Lanes caused tolls to spike over $30 during Thursday’s evening rush hour.

FOX 5 staff member Raisa Crespo tweeted out a picture showing drivers heading southbound on I-495 were being charged $31.30 to travel from the start of the Express Lanes all the way to I-395/95. For those traveling to westbound I-66 West, the toll was $17.60.

According to Transurban, the company that operates the Express Lanes, the traffic incident caused the lanes to be blocked and the tolls increased to deter drivers from getting onto the Express Lanes.

What a cluser fuck! Talk about a ton of money out of the consumers pocket for little or nothing....Please make this public and kill off all toll roads. Dumb fucking idiocy.

This might be a good case for regulation of prices. In some places private companies have taken over many public services but the only time I've seen it be successful is when their are rules of what can be charged.

I love the idea of not sharing the road with low-life's...

Good thing we got the hell out when we did however the median income for the area in 2010 was 113K which I think is low balled. The median home price is 542K which is about right. Interstates 95, 495, 395 and 66 are all crazy jam packed even on the off times, rush hour last for hours often with traffic crawling along at a stop and go pace for miles, if there's an accident forget it, you're usually stuck for over an hour. Ten minute trips elsewhere can take up to a half hour and every road is jammed.

This is I66 during a typical rush hour.......

Northern Virginia alone has almost 3 million people and no one is forcing anyone to take the toll lanes, it's a personal choice but they tend to be faster. How much are you willing to pay to cut a half hour off an hour to hour and a half commute? Remember the commutes I'm referring to would be fifteen minutes to a half hour most everywhere else.

Forum List

Back