What Is It With Men?

You are so right... let's not make it about Palin. The key word is WOMAN. Hillary is profoundly accomplished. Perhaps the 'movement' doesn't want women who readily stand up for themselves but rather women that have to be taught... manipulated and maneuvered through preselected obstacles within predestined courses... The key word is indeed integrity... of which the whole damnable system seems to be about lacking.

Yes she is accomplished however I disagree with probably 70% of her political beliefs hence my joke about integrity. Well not entirely a joke since they, the Clintons, belong in the same crook category as the Kennedys and Bushes, but that's a different issue for another thread.

You are so right... let's not make it about Palin. The key word is WOMAN. Hillary is profoundly accomplished. Perhaps the 'movement' doesn't want women who readily stand up for themselves but rather women that have to be taught... manipulated and maneuvered through preselected obstacles within predestined courses... The key word is indeed integrity... of which the whole damnable system seems to be about lacking.

The two concepts that come to my mind are...
1) Hammerhead Shark.
2)Blood in the Water.

The one single area that she shines, brilliantly, is where she is compared to Obama. She will never compare to Bill. She will always be in his shadow. Bill could sell you your own socks, while on your feet, with free installation, and still have the admiration and respect of over half of his customers. ;)

Well... Her political knowledge was lacking enough that it allowed others to poke holes into her credibility. Mind you, they could do the same to any number of men in office and do, but just as mainstream had irrational expectations of Obama they had such of her. Hillary was a much stronger candidate (one vs other) and didn't even run. Perhaps she was wiser because her political integrity is still intact if not multiplied (and rightfully so). Palin... well... came from no where. No real foundation that could have assured her such a position.
We have someone who pushed himself off as a Constitutional "professor" as president and he has shown he doesn't know one thing about the Constitution, the Red flag as you mentioned earlier with him was when he said the Constitution has negative liberty's. He had and has shown he has no experience in a leadership capacity.

eh.... and *I* have studied biblical theology extensively, homeschooled my children a bit, taught sunday school... The bible, yes, our beloved bible is as much a book that represents the devil as it does Almighty God. Hmmmm. Comparisons can be interestingly entangled. Perhaps too many don't recognize his levels of leadership for what they are. Perhaps there are things being said that are not being heard on any other level than basic language...

Well... Her political knowledge was lacking enough that it allowed others to poke holes into her credibility. Mind you, they could do the same to any number of men in office and do, but just as mainstream had irrational expectations of Obama they had such of her. Hillary was a much stronger candidate (one vs other) and didn't even run. Perhaps she was wiser because her political integrity is still intact if not multiplied (and rightfully so). Palin... well... came from no where. No real foundation that could have assured her such a position.
We have someone who pushed himself off as a Constitutional "professor" as president and he has shown he doesn't know one thing about the Constitution, the Red flag as you mentioned earlier with him was when he said the Constitution has negative liberty's. He had and has shown he has no experience in a leadership capacity.

eh.... and *I* have studied biblical theology extensively, homeschooled my children a bit, taught sunday school... The bible, yes, our beloved bible is as much a book that represents the devil as it does Almighty God. Hmmmm. Comparisons can be interestingly entangled. Perhaps too many don't recognize his levels of leadership for what they are. Perhaps there are things being said that are not being heard on any other level than basic language...

Good for but you being the subject is not up for debate

Good for but you being the subject is not up for debate

Nope... notta debate... it was/is a thread about 'what IS wrong with men...' ;) but foundations, biblical, constitutional, and otherwise are most usually structures that men set forth, or had been for most of history... perhaps that is the whole issue. The balance of testosterone is outta whack within the political arena and the proof is in the lack of respect and consideration that stems from what is and isn't happening from within our American homes.

Appearances ARE truly deceiving.... seriously, you have to be told that? :eusa_shhh:

Move back to the 50's I really don't care. But as much Hassel palin haters gave her they did do some damge to the womens movement.

I would almost agree with you... however, the whole thing seems to have been mishandled completely, and supposedly by the most competent ones. The nit-picky things that I heard as 'attacks' were nothing in light of what was her potential. There are a number of things that should have been red flags to everyone serious about her making it.

Why would this WOMAN be mishandled when she does so well on her own?

Point is again...In our society...strong women tend to be frowned upon.

In keeping with the OP?

Sometimes gents? Women need to be listened to...like it or NOT.

.... if one or 'the one' man doesn't listen there perhaps always will be some one that will, I suppose... yet there are also those others that would give a woman so much more to talk about :lol:

Yeah, whatever.

It's a man thing, Cecilie. Which is to say it's a control thing. One of many things that makes them unpleasant and at times dangerous to live , with or depend upon.

When I told my ex "I've just planted flowers in the front yard flower bed...please stay away from them and don't step on them" he decided that was the day to spread rock...and he stepped on each and every one *inadvertently*.

When I told him "don't feed the horses this rotten bale of hay that's been in the back of the truck all winter, it will make them sick" I came home from work the next morning to find the bale out in the pasture and my 6 beautiful horses (1 heavily pregnant) eating the deadly shit.

When my ex insisted that he wanted to move with our family into his mother's perfectly restored (well, maintained, really....no restoration, they never quit using it and spending money on it) Victorian family home, complete with antiques (many of which came across on the Oregon Trail) I resisted. He assured me that if I sold all my stuff I could use the house as if it were my own. Then when I'd sold everything and moved there, he started moving things OUT of the home just to keep me from using them. He stored them in a crappy storage unit off his parents' home, where the roof leaked and destroyed tens of thousands of dollars worth of beautiful antiques..that were too good for me.

I no longer have the energy or the disposition to tolerate such smallness of character and I encourage every woman on the face of the earth to refuse to tolerate such outrageous behavior. If you're wise you will dump the shit before it gets worse. Because it will NOT get better.

Wow, you act like this only goes one direction.

There is a reason why I have sole custody of my son and she doesn't.

How disappointing. Yet another thread turned in to politics.

Let me check. Perhaps I am in error. Wait a moment please.
.......checking......

Okay. I am back. Nope. It's in General Discussion. So where was I? Oh, yes:

How disappointing this thread turned yet again into politics.

Yeah, whatever.

It's a man thing, Cecilie. Which is to say it's a control thing. One of many things that makes them unpleasant and at times dangerous to live , with or depend upon.

When I told my ex "I've just planted flowers in the front yard flower bed...please stay away from them and don't step on them" he decided that was the day to spread rock...and he stepped on each and every one *inadvertently*.

When I told him "don't feed the horses this rotten bale of hay that's been in the back of the truck all winter, it will make them sick" I came home from work the next morning to find the bale out in the pasture and my 6 beautiful horses (1 heavily pregnant) eating the deadly shit.

When my ex insisted that he wanted to move with our family into his mother's perfectly restored (well, maintained, really....no restoration, they never quit using it and spending money on it) Victorian family home, complete with antiques (many of which came across on the Oregon Trail) I resisted. He assured me that if I sold all my stuff I could use the house as if it were my own. Then when I'd sold everything and moved there, he started moving things OUT of the home just to keep me from using them. He stored them in a crappy storage unit off his parents' home, where the roof leaked and destroyed tens of thousands of dollars worth of beautiful antiques..that were too good for me.

I no longer have the energy or the disposition to tolerate such smallness of character and I encourage every woman on the face of the earth to refuse to tolerate such outrageous behavior. If you're wise you will dump the shit before it gets worse. Because it will NOT get better.

Wow, you act like this only goes one direction.

There is a reason why I have sole custody of my son and she doesn't.

No it doesn't only go in one direction but her point was the petty games her ex was playing and warning other women not to get caught up in it. It's a microcosm predicated on her experience, directed at a select target.

Why do women fake orgasims?

Because they think men care!

How disappointing. Yet another thread turned in to politics.

Let me check. Perhaps I am in error. Wait a moment please.
.......checking......

Okay. I am back. Nope. It's in General Discussion. So where was I? Oh, yes:

How disappointing this thread turned yet again into politics.
Not really And I take blame for turning direction...But I had to choose a very strong woman to do it to accentuate the point.

Forum List

Back