This is the first time in my 45 years on the planet

We have the fact that the Neocons are rather put out about the terminity with which the American Public put them out of office. And the mindset of the Neocon that prefers bullets to ballots, gut reaction to reason. Then there is the fact that this is the first American President that is not lilly white.

The traditional conservative is dismayes about this kind of reaction. The Conservatives on this board, as you can readily see, Allie, are fanning to flames.

LOL ...... haha ....... now that is funny! :lol:
you actually understand that dribble?

That I have actually witnessed people, aside from a few nutjobs, threatening to take up arms against the president.

It's the first time in my life I've ever seen a growing movement of organized protest against the president's policies.

The only thing I can think of that is comparable is perhaps the civil rights movement of the 60s...and even that wasn't directed at the presidency or even the government. And it was notably peaceful.

Does this freak anyone else out?

Well, I guess that would be true if you totally ignore that the last one had to survive the LARGEST anti-war protests in the history of the world. Never before had so many people demonstrated against a war at the point the war was in. You have to remember that Vietnam took YEARS before people really started going against it; to get the ball rolling. As Chomsky says "No president could conceivably do what Kennedy did 40 years ago" during the Vietnam War; simply announce that the going was gonna get rough.

IMO, If anything tragic (blood shed) happens in this nation, it will come from within the workings of the government. That could spark a short upset on the streets.

Nevertheless, at his present course, Obama is setting the GOP up well for 2010.

Too bad a solid third party is not poised to capitalize on all of this.

That I have actually witnessed people, aside from a few nutjobs, threatening to take up arms against the president.

It's the first time in my life I've ever seen a growing movement of organized protest against the president's policies.

The only thing I can think of that is comparable is perhaps the civil rights movement of the 60s...and even that wasn't directed at the presidency or even the government. And it was notably peaceful.

:lol: Comparing the extremist right wing to the civil rights movement?

You have completely lost it.

what is it about liberals and the race card?

Most have what we all know as 'white guilt'. Others are 'closet racists' themselves and try to hide the fact that fact by accusing others of being racist in an attempt appear 'tolerant'.

2a. Freudian Projection

The following is a collection of definitions of projection from orthodox psychology texts. In this system the distinct mechanism of projecting own unconscious or undesirable characteristics onto an opponent is called Freudian Projection.

* "A defense mechanism in which the individual attributes to other people impulses and traits that he himself has but cannot accept. It is especially likely to occur when the person lacks insight into his own impulses and traits."

* "The externalisation of internal unconscious wishes, desires or emotions on to other people. So, for example, someone who feels subconsciously that they have a powerful latent homosexual drive may not acknowledge this consciously, but it may show in their readiness to suspect others of being homosexual."

* "Attributing one's own undesirable traits to other people or agencies, e.g., an aggressive man accuses other people of being hostile."

* "The individual perceives in others the motive he denies having himself. Thus the cheat is sure that everyone else is dishonest. The would-be adulterer accuses his wife of infidelity."

* "People attribute their own undesirable traits onto others. An individual who unconsciously recognises his or her aggressive tendencies may then see other people acting in an excessively aggressive way."

* "Projection is the opposite defence mechanism to identification. We project our own unpleasant feelings onto someone else and blame them for having thoughts that we really have."

Basic Human Psychology 1: Neurosis, Projection and Freudian Projection

See Barbara Boxer.

remind me again how peaceful the civil rights movement was....4 dead in mississippi...riots in detriot.....i could go on and on but if the civil rights movement was something you considered peaceful then you were not involved at all in it...my high school had race riots for 2 years...police had to be on campus for entire time period....yea i remember it being peaceful.....:(

I remember organized protests about the policies of pretty much every president.

Do you seriously not remember protests against the policies of GWB, or would you care to qualify your comment by adding a distinction?

Um ... were you asleep for the last 8 years?

I don't recall people gathering in anything like an organized group, or saying publicly that we should take up arms.

I see you've already responded, sort of.

There's a lot of tough talk by the digitial revolutionaries on this board, that's for damned sure.

They want to water the tree of liberty with blood, but I seriously doubt any of them think their blood is at risk.

Well, I guess that would be true if you totally ignore that the last one had to survive the LARGEST anti-war protests in the history of the world. Never before had so many people demonstrated against a war at the point the war was in. You have to remember that Vietnam took YEARS before people really started going against it; to get the ball rolling. As Chomsky says "No president could conceivably do what Kennedy did 40 years ago" during the Vietnam War; simply announce that the going was gonna get rough.

Viet Nam got serious in about '64. This was more Johnson's war than Kennedy's. I think we were were probably invloved in the region in the 50's. '67 was, as I recall the start of the larger demonstrations. '68 was the Chicago 7 and Demcrat Convention, wasn't it?

The draft, the Kent State shooting and the "Four More Dead" recording sealed the fate of the National attitude of the young. Cronkite's pronouncement of the unwinable war sealed the fate of the National attitude for the rest of the country.

That was four years or so to the crescendo in a country that had not had a widespread anti war protest since the Great War.

Fast forward to the anti war movement of the Iraq war era and we see a ready made anti war protest movement growing from the hearts of the old hippies and a re tread presentation of all of the old slogans. Deja Vu for some of us.

Most in the media either were of this crowd or had studied it in school. The public's understanding of what was happening was often framed by the coverage and the presentation of that coverage which was slanted toward the body count scoring after the first year or two.

The parents of the protesters in the 60's were WW2 Vets. The parents of the protesters in the the Iraq war were Flower Children.

All of this said, though, these were war protests against wars of choice.

The current unrest is against the obviously dishonest and misleading words of a political schemer who is trying to impose an agenda under the pretense of responding to a crisis. There are some on this board who will accept anything that he says as valid, even though they must know that he is lying, for reasons know only to themselves.

To me, that is the scary part. A willing suspension of your own ability to think. What is the inner motivation for this?

Getting away from the political associations, let's look at the imposition of the will of some on the freedom of others.

The Blacks were institutionally, socially and presonally discriminated against and terrorized as a matter of course in ever lessening degrees from the time of slavery forward. The legal system was moved to the side of equal rights in the second half of the 20th Century and progress was made to the point today in which being Black is much like being left handed. The hinge moment in this may have been the martydom of MLK.

At some point in the 60's, the rhetoric of the then late MLK rang empty in the face of the reality on the street.

There is no comparisson between the historic injuries or the depth of the pervasive social repression of the Blacks compared to any tax revolt. The comparrison is in the lies from our leaders.

I am one of many that are concerned that our leader is lying to us, is spending money that we don't have at a rate that is beyond any thought of rationality, is using tax dollars to pay off his political allies, is witholding the monies approved in the stimulus package to buy the next election and is mortgaging the future for political gain.

All politicians do this, but where is the scrutiny for this guy? He has proposed to spend a complete year's Federal Tax collections on his pet projects in the name of the recovery. There is nothing about this that is honest.

He knows that health care will cost more under his plan and he says it will cost less.

He know that no jobs can be created by his plan, but he claims that they will be created even as we lose a half million jobs each month.

He says we are in a crisis and schedules the disbursement of monies from the stimulus to occur after 2 years.

The ecoinomy gets worse. Jobs continue to end. Businesses continue to close. The deficite continues to build. The trade with other countries contnues to get worse. The talk of increasing taxes during a recession continues.

The race riots of the 60's were due to the lies of the leaders.

The anti war rallies of the '60's and the 00's were due to the lies of the leaders.

The upcoming economy riots will again be due to the lies of the leaders.

It is in this that the unrest is united.

Some people apparently don't like the peaceful transition of power...in other words, elections.

But no this isn't the first time. Don't you remember Waco and Ruby Ridge and Timothy McVeigh? Same song, different decade.

Getting away from the political associations, let's look at the imposition of the will of some on the freedom of others.

The Blacks were institutionally, socially and presonally discriminated against and terrorized as a matter of course in ever lessening degrees from the time of slavery forward. The legal system was moved to the side of equal rights in the second half of the 20th Century and progress was made to the point today in which being Black is much like being left handed. The hinge moment in this may have been the martydom of MLK.

At some point in the 60's, the rhetoric of the then late MLK rang empty in the face of the reality on the street.

There is no comparisson between the historic injuries or the depth of the pervasive social repression of the Blacks compared to any tax revolt. The comparrison is in the lies from our leaders.

I am one of many that are concerned that our leader is lying to us, is spending money that we don't have at a rate that is beyond any thought of rationality, is using tax dollars to pay off his political allies, is witholding the monies approved in the stimulus package to buy the next election and is mortgaging the future for political gain.

All politicians do this, but where is the scrutiny for this guy? He has proposed to spend a complete year's Federal Tax collections on his pet projects in the name of the recovery. There is nothing about this that is honest.

He knows that health care will cost more under his plan and he says it will cost less.

He know that no jobs can be created by his plan, but he claims that they will be created even as we lose a half million jobs each month.

He says we are in a crisis and schedules the disbursement of monies from the stimulus to occur after 2 years.

The ecoinomy gets worse. Jobs continue to end. Businesses continue to close. The deficite continues to build. The trade with other countries contnues to get worse. The talk of increasing taxes during a recession continues.

The race riots of the 60's were due to the lies of the leaders.

The anti war rallies of the '60's and the 00's were due to the lies of the leaders.

The upcoming economy riots will again be due to the lies of the leaders.

It is in this that the unrest is united.

I was at a tea party recently and they didn't look like the rioting kind.

Some people apparently don't like the peaceful transition of power...in other words, elections.

But no this isn't the first time. Don't you remember Waco and Ruby Ridge and Timothy McVeigh? Same song, different decade.

It's what the right wing militia types do every time they don't get their way. Having the first black president only freaks out the loons more.

Um ... were you asleep for the last 8 years?

really? who? one anarchist living in north dakota?

people hated bush and thought he was an incompetent moron, but no one talked about armed revolution.

KK's point was in response to this.

You saw a lot of organized protest against Bush, yes?

Forum List

Back