This Is NOT Christian

Of course physical intimacy with someone other than your spouse is going to destroy a marriage....just like increased physical intimacy tends to make it more secure.

Even though marriage is about a lot more than physical intimacy... for whatever reason the physical intimacy seems to play a major role in having a good marriage.
No one has been able to "rise above" monogamy to have multiple affairs and still have a good marriage.

It's been tried and has failed EVERY time.

If I want a yellow butter cake and keep grabbing the box of devil's food cake mix and then whine about the results...how many times do I have license to whine about the results?
If you are over 65, it can be endless. lmao! That reminds me. I haven't eaten all day and there is a Tres leches cake in the fridge. C yas!

So it's immoral to agree to allow your partner to seek other sexual partners but not to cheat on your partner?
Different/unequal vows is an unequal yoke. Can't imagine entering an unequal partnership myself, or agreeing that a society should be fine with such an inequality in the overall population.

Different/unequal vows is an unequal yoke. Can't imagine entering an unequal partnership myself, or agreeing that a society should be fine with such an inequality in the overall population.

I couldn't imagine it either but what they do does not affect me. There is nothing society can do.

So, if he married her instead of just having sex, would that have been "christian?"

No, because it would be adultery either way you look at it.

I see nothing in the story you linked that indicates Smith thinks it's "Christian." He makes no such claim...

Well, he makes a point of saying in the article that he was raised on Christian values.

Are you advocating that we should have no expectations of others? That since there is nothing society can do, we should all accept anarchy--everyone doing whatever each wants?

What should my expectation of some actor be? That they have made the choice to not be faithful to each other is hardly anarchy at that. They are hardly the first.

What should my expectation of some actor be? That they have made the choice to not be faithful to each other is hardly anarchy at that. They are hardly the first.
What are your expectations for marriage? For citizens? For students? Bring it closer to home. What are your expectations for your spouse, for your children? Or, do you tell them, "I have no expectations for you, do as you please?"

I substitute teach. There is a significant difference between walking into a classroom where their teacher has high expectations and a classroom where the teacher has low expectations. I avoid the latter as much as possible as it is always chaotic.

We do society no favors by dismissing the behavior of others with a shrug. Expectations are the very least we can have of others.

Well he is watching people breaking the rules they have made. Nothing seems to bother him.
More disturbing is the attitude that it is all about him. As along as he approves of self, no one else really matters. Loving others as ourselves includes wanting what we know is best not only just for ourselves, but for those around us as well. Our expectations of others should be for the best version of themselves.

What are your expectations for marriage? For citizens? For students? Bring it closer to home. What are your expectations for your spouse, for your children? Or, do you tell them, "I have no expectations for you, do as you please?"

I substitute teach. There is a significant difference between walking into a classroom where their teacher has high expectations and a classroom where the teacher has low expectations. I avoid the latter as much as possible as it is always chaotic.

We do society no favors by dismissing the behavior of others with a shrug. Expectations are the very least we can have of others.

We elect leaders that have no respect for the vows they made but I'm suppose to get upset at some actor and his wife that have chosen a different partnership than I would?

More disturbing is the attitude that it is all about him. As along as he approves of self, no one else really matters. Loving others as ourselves includes wanting what we know is best not only just for ourselves, but for those around us as well. Our expectations of others should be for the best version of themselves.

I approved of nothing but you know that.

I approved of nothing but you know that.
That's right, because I never said you approved. I pointed out your lack of expectations, or the lukewarm position of it doesn't matter to you what others do as long as you live up to your own expectations for self.

We elect leaders that have no respect for the vows they made but I'm suppose to get upset at some actor and his wife that have chosen a different partnership than I would?
I didn't say to get upset or even emotional. I recommend standing up for what you know to be right. One can do that very quietly, yet succinctly.

That's right, because I never said you approved. I pointed out your lack of expectations, or the lukewarm position of it doesn't matter to you what others do as long as you live up to your own expectations for self.

I asked this before........some actor choses a lifestyle other than mine and I'm supposed to get upset why?

We picked two guys for president who both had cheated on their spouses and I'm supposed to get upset over some actor and his wife who have agreed to a lifestyle that suits them?

Please, explain.

I didn't say to get upset or even emotional. I recommend standing up for what you know to be right. One can do that very quietly, yet succinctly.

Stand up? Not go to their movies that I don't go to anyway?

We elect leaders that have no respect for the vows they made
I know. I propose each elected official should have a half term probationary period. If it can be shown there has been no effort to enact those promises, the position must be ceded to runner-up to fill the remainder of the term. (This goes double for those re-elected if we cannot enact term limits.)

Back to basics. Marriage is, by definition, monogamous. Nobody takes vows that allow for fooling around. But they get bored and are too UNCOMMITTED to resist the temptation.

Has nothing to do with RELIGION. It has to do with a firm, inviolable commitment, voluntarily made, which one chooses to ignore when it becomes inconvenient.

Christian? Jewish? Muslim? LDS? Which one countenances fooling around by married people? Do tell.

Forum List

Back