This is how you deal with a DUI checkpoint

There are 10,000 of these vids on YouTube. And pretty much all are the same "advice".
The results however are as wide as the personalities of the officers.
Ranging from a polite "have a good day" to a cop busting your window out.
In other words - there is no "proper" way to deal with these things as the results are unpredictable.

There are 10,000 of these vids on YouTube. And pretty much all are the same "advice".
In other words - there is no "proper" way to deal with these things as the results are unpredictable.

The reaction of the cop in the face of the law to which he is bound is irrelevant to what matters.

The point here: that's how one deals with DUI checkpoints, for example, if one is going stand on and defend one's rights. That's the only proper way an American worth his salt deals with such stops. I have no use for those who don't place any value on their inalienable rights. They're part of the problem in a growing police state: sheep to be sheered by badges, conformists to be spurned by patriots.

An even better way to do it. . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TI8QiqH-R_I]Checkpoint/ I REMAIN SILENT-NO SEARCHES-I WANT MY LAWYER. - YouTube[/ame]

Another way to go too in the face of obnoxious baby talk, though this is not a DUI stop. . . .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQf6LyBSy8]How to Tell a Lying Police Officer to Go Fuck Himself Politely - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

The OP did not use the word proper. The fact that cops are assholes does not mean I cannot exercise my rights.

OK, these videos are pretty freaking funny.

Not only are the drivers pretty polite and calm, which is very very important, they know their rights to the T and are acting accordingly.

They know they have to stop at the checkpoints. They know they are obligated to provide a drivers license while driving. They know they don't have to answer any questions at a DUI checkpoint, especially ones that might incriminate them.

The Bill of Rights says we cannot be arrested or detained without reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. And a being stopped at a random DUI stop is not evidence of criminal activity.

If they really think you are possible guilty of DUI, they will pull you over with lights flashing, and demand you get out of the car and arrest you if you don't get out.

Personally, I've never been through a DUI check.

There is nothing illegal about denying drinking, even if you had.

Actually, this is how the OP exhibits his ignorance of the law, where DUI checkpoints are Constitutional (Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz (1990)), as the state’s desire to curb drunk driving represents a proper legislative end and compelling governmental interest. Consequently, no rights have been ‘violated.’

Although inalienable, our rights are not absolute, and subject to reasonable restrictions, Sitz being one such example.

Moreover, it’s hyperbolic idiocy to claim that any jurisdiction in the United States is a ‘police state,’ as such a reference only exhibits the ignorance of what a police state actually is.

So what does current law say about DUI stops?

Do we have to say anything, other than provide our drivers license upon request?

If they had any reasonable suspicion of DUI, they would order your ass out of the car.

Actually, this is how the OP exhibits his ignorance of the law, where DUI checkpoints are Constitutional (Michigan Dept. of State Police v. Sitz (1990)), as the state’s desire to curb drunk driving represents a proper legislative end and compelling governmental interest. Consequently, no rights have been ‘violated.’

Although inalienable, our rights are not absolute, and subject to reasonable restrictions, Sitz being one such example.

Moreover, it’s hyperbolic idiocy to claim that any jurisdiction in the United States is a ‘police state,’ as such a reference only exhibits the ignorance of what a police state actually is.

Actually, this is where you exhibit your inability to fucking read.

I've seen these types of videos before....one occurred in a neighboring county to mine and made it to youtube with hundreds of thousands of hits. It didn't end so well for the driver.

My question to the OP.....what is the alternative (to the DUI checkpoint) for removing alcohol-impaired drivers from the road? I've been stopped numerous times at DUI checkpoints, and have been treated with utmost courtesy (I'm not a consumer of alcohol).

I wrote about "a growing police state", obviously, in the sense of increasingly intrusive policing activity in our country, you obtuse dweeb, which has become especially troublesome since 9/11.

And nowhere did I write, let alone suggest, that such stops where illegal in terms of case law, though for sure I believe any suspicionless or warrantless fishing expeditions within the territorial boundaries of the United States to be abominations, indeed, the typical stuff of a police state, and that the Court's decisions allowing for these abominations, including random stops and frisks, have come to--surprise, surprise!--much abuse.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...he-rise-of-the-poilice-state.html#post8764001

I obviously know the law regarding this and related issues, and you've repeatedly demonstrated that you're a useless retard, a joke, a cartoon:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...ng-his-fifth-amendment-right.html#post8748018

And once again you inexplicably confound the distinction between what case law allows and what our rights our therein, the latter being the preeminent concerns of these threads. Obviously, and once again, as anyone can see from the videos, the FACT of these stops and the FACT that the Court has allowed them does not overthrow the FACTS concerning how one goes about standing on and defending one's inalienable rights in these encounters.

Last edited:
So what does current law say about DUI stops?

Do we have to say anything, other than provide our drivers license upon request?

If they had any reasonable suspicion of DUI, they would order your ass out of the car.

Precisely. But don't expect Jones to understand the subtleties of the law. He's an idiot and a statist bootlick. Whatever the Court says is cheese and crackers with him. He'd prattle the same nonsense even if the Court emphatically allowed warrantless, no-refusal blood tests and breathalyzers, for example. Also, he probably approves of the Court's failure to draw a clear line here on the side of natural rights.

Supreme Court rules against police in drunk driving case - CNN.com

I've seen these types of videos before....one occurred in a neighboring county to mine and made it to youtube with hundreds of thousands of hits. It didn't end so well for the driver.

My question to the OP.....what is the alternative (to the DUI checkpoint) for removing alcohol-impaired drivers from the road? I've been stopped numerous times at DUI checkpoints, and have been treated with utmost courtesy (I'm not a consumer of alcohol).

I would encourage you to carefully consider the matter in light of the inherent threats and degradations of our Fourth- and Fifth-Amendment rights as a result of certain Court allowances relative to this and related circumstances. Read my posts, as few of the posters don't have a clue.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...he-rise-of-the-poilice-state.html#post8764001

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...ng-his-fifth-amendment-right.html#post8746174

http://www.usmessageboard.com/law-a...ng-his-fifth-amendment-right.html#post8748018

Also, see my rebuttal of Jones' idiocy in the above.

I would argue that allowing suspicionless and warrantless stops are harassment that condition us to think and act like cattle in the presence of badges, condition cops to look upon us as servants and encourage police brutality. They are not worth the price that's paid in terms of our liberties in the name of security.

Cops are often much more aggressive in DUI stops. . . . The cops in the above saw the camera. This cop didn't. Get the drift?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-WMn_zHCVo]4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched without Consent, while Innocent - YouTube[/ame]

Two problems here: (1) the cop is a bully and obviously doesn’t know the law and (2) the driver fails to assert his rights in an unmistakably direct manner at the beginning.

The right way: “I don’t answer questions. Am I being detained or am I free to go?” Period. Don't ask questions or make statements that weaken your position.

Also, he let the cop bully him into the secondary. Don’t put up with that! The officer is required by law to truthfully answer all questions pertinent to your rights, and he may not lie. You run into a cop who refuses to answer your questions or answer them accurately, ask for his name and badge number, and demand to speak with his supervisor at the DUI stop, and don’t move that vehicle until he complies. Keep the doors locked, the engine running. Keep it in park with your hands clearly visible on the wheel.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7kby0saK80]DUI checkpoint refusal - YouTube[/ame]

BTW, that's why you keep the window up as far as you reasonably can and keep your eyes front. Cops are merely looking for an avenue into your vehicle or get you out of it--a probable cause or reasonable suspicion.

"Hmm. I smell alcohol on your breath. I smell weed. Your eyes are glossy."

"I think you're lying, officer."

Don't even give them that opening. It's not illegal for a cop to use investigatory deception in order to gain evidence that might incriminate you. As you can see in the above, the driver held his ground and bluntly communicated that he understands the tactic of investigatory deception. The driver demonstrated his knowledge of the law, had a camera, and the cop relented.

Last edited:
M.D.....The first video in the above post was the one I was referring to. It was conducted by the Rutherford County Sheriff's Department in Tennessee. I agree, the deputy took the situation waaaaaaay to far. But my question still stands.....what is the effective alternative to reducing injuries and death caused by drunk drivers if DUI roadblocks are discontinued?

Forum List

Back