This is how a Trade War works

More than 50 multinational corporations have announced plans to move manufacturing out of China, or are considering to do so, according to reporting from the Nikkei Asian Review. Apple, Google, Nintendo and Dell, among others, are trying to avoid the import penalties on $250 billion in Chinese goods. But rather than move their operations to the United States, as Trump urged, many of these companies are aiming to rebuild their supply chains abroad, primarily in Southeast Asia.

So, companies moving from one Asian country to different one helps the US how?

Paywall. WaPo offered me a sub for 76 cents a month. Not a chance.

Best if you post the salient paragraphs.

Paywall. WaPo offered me a sub for 76 cents a month. Not a chance.

Best if you post the salient paragraphs.

Here is a key paragraph...

Similarly, though Trump maintains the drawn-out conflict is mostly hurting China, experts say the trade war is damaging the U.S. economy and possibly fueling a global slowdown. Federal Reserve Chair Jerome H. Powell has pointed to the head winds from the trade war as a primary reason the central bank could cut interest rates later this month. In January, the World Economic Forum predicted the trade war could reduce global GDP by 0.7 percentage points to 2.8 percent in 2019. And in a recent research note, Morgan Stanley’s chief economist warned that the trade war could spur a global recession within a year.

More than 50 multinational corporations have announced plans to move manufacturing out of China, or are considering to do so, according to reporting from the Nikkei Asian Review. Apple, Google, Nintendo and Dell, among others, are trying to avoid the import penalties on $250 billion in Chinese goods. But rather than move their operations to the United States, as Trump urged, many of these companies are aiming to rebuild their supply chains abroad, primarily in Southeast Asia.

Duh. It affects the Chinese bottom line.

And that helps Americans how?

That creates jobs in the US how?

A global recession helps the US how?

Say what, now you're concerned about the US?

Poor little Trumpian, I have always been concerned about the US. That is why I put it before any party, unlike you.

Poor little Trumpian, I have always been concerned about the US. That is why I put it before any party, unlike you.

Yep, I'm sure you were concerned when China was taking our manufacturing and intellectual property. And refused to purchase the cheap crap that was being imported from China.

Yep, I'm sure you were concerned when China was taking our manufacturing and intellectual property. And refused to purchase the cheap crap that was being imported from China.

China did not "take" our manufacturing, our companies freely choose to go there because it allowed them to maximize their profits, which is the only reason for a company to exist.

I buy the best quality for the best price, I do not give a rats ass where it is made. Buying something just because it was made in America is as stupid as an artificial minimum wage.

China did not "take" our manufacturing, our companies freely choose to go there because it allowed them to maximize their profits, which is the only reason for a company to exist.

I buy the best quality for the best price, I do not give a rats ass where it is made. Buying something just because it was made in America is as stupid as an artificial minimum wage.

And now they're freely leaving...go figure.

And now they're freely leaving...go figure.

Yes, they are now freely going to other countries that are not America. This is a pattern that has gone one for decades. Japan was once the place of cheap labor and cheap shit, then the prosperity that was created by companies moving there made the cost of labor too high and the companies moved on. Had nothing to do with trade wars.

A fairly obvious way it helps the US is by weakening China...

You do understand products made in America are at a price disatvantage due to trade agreements?

You do understand products made in America are at a price disatvantage due to trade agreements?

He realizes whatever piece of garbage he buys from China may go up in price.

That is not why they are at a price disadvantage, they are at a price disadvantage due to the difference in labor cost

A fairly obvious way it helps the US is by weakening China...

A weak China makes for a weak global economy, which hurts the US

What is your answer?

What is your answer?

Answer to what?

To 121 straight months of economic expansion? The longest in our history.

To record setting number of months straight of positive job growth?

To sustained low unemployment and more open jobs than people to fill them?

My answer is keep all those things going, and they all happened under the current trade deals

Forum List

Back