This has got to be the last one for a long while

Glocks were supposed to be like a DA only revolver that holds way more than 6 rounds but to me no external safety is risky. They could put a simple grip safety like the Springfield Glock clones and that would be better.

Unfortunately with me Glocks feel like I'm holding on to a 2x4 with a barrel attached to it......... Needless to say I don't own any Glocks.
Yeah, I don't own a Glock either. I have never liked the feel of them. This is my oldest 1911.

Attachments

• right (1).JPG
    right (1).JPG
    303.1 KB · Views: 15
  • right (2).JPG
    right (2).JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 15
Glocks were supposed to be like a DA only revolver that holds way more than 6 rounds but to me no external safety is risky. They could put a simple grip safety like the Springfield Glock clones and that would be better.
There are other safety features built in and many people now consider the external safety to be superfluous. Growing up with manual safeties I just like having them. Now if you want an enhanced Glock slide on a H&K VP9 grip buy a SAR......... Yeah it's made in Turkey but it is an excellent sidearm, I have the SAR9 model, fit's my hand like a glove.

SAR9_Black_Right.png

The only real drawback is the break in period, you have to use 9mm NATO (124 grain) rounds.

There are other safety features built in and many people now consider the external safety to be superfluous. Growing up with manual safeties I just like having them. Now if you want an enhanced Glock slide on a H&K VP9 grip buy a SAR......... Yeah it's made in Turkey but it is an excellent sidearm, I have the SAR9 model, fit's my hand like a glove.

SAR9_Black_Right.png

The only real drawback is the break in period, you have to use 9mm NATO (124 grain) rounds.
I know about the safety features and people who may think the external safety is superfluous are mistaken IMO. There are circumstances where you can be disoriented, or injured, or other things, that could cause a person to mishandle the pistol. I'm not arguing or trying to be a dick, but I was in one such situation. We were shooting and I had my Springfield XD whatever it was, and I didn't realize my shirt tail had pulled loose on one side. when I holstered the pistol it felt funny and when I looked the shirt tail was tangled up with the gun in the holster! Thankfully it had a grip safety. I know it could have been avoided but, shit happens! ;)

I've sold off every Glock I've ever owned. I tried to like them. Truly I did. But we were never meant for one another. I'll take my USP everytime, over the the Tupperware wonder 9.

I've already removed and sanded the grips, there was what looked like a thin coating of polyurethane, it came off rather easily. the dings weren't deep so I didn't have to sand much and if any were deep I would have just steamed them out. Put the first coating of Lin-Speed oil on last night I'm just waiting for it to get absorbed/dry before I add another coat. It will probably take a couple of days to dry.

I've already removed and sanded the grips, there was what looked like a thin coating of polyurethane, it came off rather easily. the dings weren't deep so I didn't have to sand much and if any were deep I would have just steamed them out. Put the first coating of Lin-Speed oil on last night I'm just waiting for it to get absorbed/dry before I add another coat. It will probably take a couple of days to dry.
Have you shot it yet?

Have you shot it yet?
Not and get in trouble with the neighbors and city cops......... I'll get it out to the range when I can, might be a few weeks to a month from now when I make the time. I have at least 4 guns that I haven't taken to the range yet.

Cool. So many aftermarket grips, reasonable. I have Chip McCormack slims on my custom commander, nice feel, great checkering.
Oh yeah, got to shoot a RRA in 10m, always wanted to get a Delta Elite in 10. I was impressed.
RRA I need/ok want, the 22 TCM. Long 9mm case necked to 22. Because 9mm based you can get the 9mm barrel for it too. I'm a 45acp guy but kinda got a soft spot for the 9's too. And a TCM? Got to be cool.

Cool. So many aftermarket grips, reasonable. I have Chip McCormack slims on my custom commander, nice feel, great checkering.
Oh yeah, got to shoot a RRA in 10m, always wanted to get a Delta Elite in 10. I was impressed.
RRA I need/ok want, the 22 TCM. Long 9mm case necked to 22. Because 9mm based you can get the 9mm barrel for it too. I'm a 45acp guy but kinda got a soft spot for the 9's too. And a TCM? Got to be cool.
I'll see how these grips come out, so far so good. At least I'm using Lin-speed oil and not pure boiled linseed oil or it would take forever to finish the grips..........

I have a Delta Elite I bought new. It is my deep desert pistol. I did some defanging work to it, increased the recoil spring strength, and polished the feedramp.

In 30 years I haven't had a problem

I'll see how these grips come out, so far so good. At least I'm using Lin-speed oil and not pure boiled linseed oil or it would take forever to finish the grips..........
I refinished an AK using boiled linseed oil and it did take a while to dry but it looked great!

I refinished an AK using boiled linseed oil and it did take a while to dry but it looked great!
Poly & varnish are surface coaters that are layered on, linseed oil and the Lin-Speed oil I use (drys much faster) soaks into the wood pores and hardens giving a much better finished project.
If you have a maple stock, especially curly maple apply a tannic acid wash, wait for it to dry then apply Aqua Fortis (nitric acid stain). It will look greenish, when dry run a heat gun over it until it turns a beautiful reddish color, the previously added tannic acid will make the grain "pop" then finish with lindseed oil. Adjust aqua fortis for a light to dark finished look.

iu

iu

iu

Poly & varnish are surface coaters that are layered on, linseed oil and the Lin-Speed oil I use (drys much faster) soaks into the wood pores and hardens giving a much better finished project.
If you have a maple stock, especially curly maple apply a tannic acid wash, wait for it to dry then apply Aqua Fortis (nitric acid stain). It will look greenish, when dry run a heat gun over it until it turns a beautiful reddish color, the previously added tannic acid will make the grain "pop" then finish with lindseed oil. Adjust aqua fortis for a light to dark finished look.

iu

iu

iu

That is some gorgeous work my friend!

Forum List

Back