This Has Been Bugging the Shit Out of Me For A Long Time Now...

I never look at the price of gas when filling up my tank.

For that matter i always fill up at the same gas station and i never even bothered to check how it's prices compare to others.

Why do i use it ? Because it works. Sometimes gas stations have glitches such as "see cashier" etc. I can't be bothered with that crap. I know one Mobil station not far from me that works and that's where i always fill up.

Now - would prices go down if people looked at the prices ? No. Why ? Because people already DO look at the prices. We don't ALL have to look at the prices. As long as about half the people do it will keep them more or less level. Yes it can be a few cents more here today and a few cents less there tomorrow but you will probably waste as much money driving around looking for cheaper gas as you will save.

if everybody bought only from cheapest stations i guess the result would be that there would be less gas stations. and there would be a line 50 cars long at every one.

I've had to make long distance trips in company vehicles several times. Before I left the plant, I was given a brand specific credit card. Unless I wanted to fill the tank out of my own pocket, I stopped at the station I was given a credit card for; regardless of cost.

BTW, all company logos were removed from company cars several years ago. Too many people actually wanted to have an accident with a "deep pockets" vehicle.

Forum List

Back