This Drug Gets You High and Is Legal (Maybe) Across the Country

Yes, cdb does give you the munchies and it does relax yous, but not the way I want to get high..One reason to stay away from Texass is their redneck assholio cops and leaders. Who rule with an iron grip! CDB is industrial hemp and will not be going away it was wrong to out law hemp because it has so many uses.
Who federally legalized hemp? I just want to see you say it

Yes, cdb does give you the munchies and it does relax yous, but not the way I want to get high..One reason to stay away from Texass is their redneck assholio cops and leaders. Who rule with an iron grip! CDB is industrial hemp and will not be going away it was wrong to out law hemp because it has so many uses.
It may be legalized yet you can't grow it unless you have a license to do as such by the state you live in and in Mizzouri there are only two licenses that are issued. So I can't grow it legally. Which means it really isn't legal to grow.

It may be legalized yet you can't grow it unless you have a license to do as such by the state you live in and in Mizzouri there are only two licenses that are issued. So I can't grow it legally. Which means it really isn't legal to grow.
That’s neat and all but your favorite president ever did what no one else before him had the balls to do. Whether or not the states follow suit is beyond his control, which is kind of a great example of how far from a dictator the man was

And that small distinction, it turns out, may make a big difference in the eyes of the law. Under federal law, psychoactive Delta 9 is explicitly outlawed. But Delta-8-THC from hemp is not, a loophole that some entrepreneurs say allows them to sell it in many states where hemp possession is legal.

Product received, experiments begun. :smoke:

And that small distinction, it turns out, may make a big difference in the eyes of the law. Under federal law, psychoactive Delta 9 is explicitly outlawed. But Delta-8-THC from hemp is not, a loophole that some entrepreneurs say allows them to sell it in many states where hemp possession is legal.

And then what happened?

And then what happened?

Report coming tomorrow. Busy with experiments. :SMILEW~130:

And then what happened?

OK, here is a short (as possible) synopsis of my experiences so far.

1. Delta-8 cannabinol is chemically an almost identical isomer to Delta-9 and both fit into the same receptor sites. It has been suggested that D8 is a waste of time, not so. I bought the concentrate which is like a hard oil or wax, it has the viscosity at room temperature of 5 year old tree sap. It's been about 12-13 years since I played with any such thing and while rather an expert on getting high, have little experience with such concentrates except maybe once or twice in high school 45 years ago buying hash oil. So I've been taking a very systematic approach.
  2. Took a pea sized glop and dissolved it in warm vodka to make a small eye dropper bottle of tincture for sublingual application under the tongue. Had no idea of dosage. Taking a dropper full under the tongue every few minutes eventually gave me a very relaxed, sedate feeling with maybe half the bottle gone. I may eventually make some hot green tea with a larger amount which would probably be more effective. Of course, we understand that THC ingested orally is metabolized by the liver into a different isomer lipid 11-hydroxy-THC, which is the reason for the body high.
  3. The other day I rigged the next step which was to mount a metal spoon in my lab bench mechanical hands (a pair of alligator clips mounted to a base), on which I deposited a glop. I actually put too much there. Using a temperature control soldering iron with fresh tip, I can set the tip to any temp I want and heated the glop that way. It soon liquefied, but between the puddle and the wicking of the metal spoon, I couldn't get the heat I wanted because the iron is actually made for delicate electronic work, but it generated light wisps of smoke which I collected and drew in with a large funnel I could look through. A bit dry and harsh, but felt an effect from the very little I got. I poured the rest back in the jar.
  4. Yesterday I dug out an old hash oil pipe I had luckily saved from high school. It has a small glass bubble with small opening with hump in the stem that then goes back about a foot. It was very dirty so I baked it in my oven for three hours on clean cycle. That got it about half clean, good enough to use. Last evening I put much less in, about a tenth of the previous glops, maybe an eighth inch bit on a tiny screw driver which upon heating the glass, softened the material enough to separate it into the clean bowl. Then I heated it more over the gas burner of my stove on very low, just enough to see the bowl fill up with white vapor or smoke. Hard to say but I was trying to vape it with no more heat than necessary to create white vapor. Whatever I was actually doing, I drew the smoke in until I couldn't take anymore then exhaled immediately to continue puffing as the pipe refilled with smoke, so I couldn't just hold it in for full effect. It was rather dry and harsh and tasteless. I did this a number of times until I felt I had probably vaped most of the stuff and my throat had had enough. My throat and lungs are not in the best shape for this sort of thing so I wanted to take it rather easy this first time.
  5. I had a bit of feeling in my head of fullness and came in here and sat down to read and type. After several minutes, I said to myself: "Toob, you're kinda high." Over the next 30 minutes, I continued to climb, going from kinda high, to stoned, to very stoned to wasted. I was frankly really SHOCKED. This stuff isn't supposed to do this! Soon, I could not even make sense out of what I was trying to type and could barely type and was having an even harder time READING. With GREAT difficulty, I managed to write THIS one post while higher than a kite (post 14):

I bet it took 15-30 minutes to get that one post written.

I quickly realized I was having an LSD-like astral experience. I re-lived my life, went back to very old thoughts, past experiences, my mind was flashing a hundred thoughts a second. I was in a dream-like state almost apart from my body. It was so intense that while I thought of going upstairs to get into some TV and trip out on the show, I was so stoned that I just sat here at the computer for the next half hour to hour, I really don't know, I have no idea when I started this, what time it was or anything, I had no sense of time passage, 5 minutes could have seemed like an hour or an hour could have gone by in 5 minutes. All I knew was that I was so high that it didn't matter where I was or what I was doing, I was on a similar trip as I might get with any good weed or even LSD. I would say the main difference was a lack of VISUAL manifestations. I didn't see the colors or patterns or other strange effects one might expect from good weed or LSD. It was an intense body high but also a very intense first-class mental high.

• Did it reduce anxiety? ABSOLUTELY. It would be impossible to be anxious or nervous! In this regard, it was a thousand times more effective than any anxiety medication I had ever taken. It took effect in minutes, not hours or weeks.
  • Did it make me hungry? Not really. No munchies.
  • Did it alleviate pain? Very well. I would say it was about 100 to 150% better at alleviating pain that various opioids I've taken.
  • Would I want to drive while peaking? No. Not recommended.
  • Would this treat insomnia? Very likely. Very relaxed and I think I slept pretty much like a rock last night.
  • Time distortion, euphoria, tranquility, relaxation, racing thoughts, dreamy, introspective state, difficulty in thinking, reading and remembering, even some paranoia. WASTED.
About an hour after smoking that little bit, I began to clear enough that I went up to watch some programming and have a drink. I was still very high. I had an intense experience where I enjoyed shows more and things struck me funnier. I was now much more part of the show rather than being he who is WATCHING the show on TV. I stayed high the rest of the night and was easily high for at least 6 hours, and still feeling the effects at least 12-16 hours. The next day I am still not fully recovered (well now maybe after 24 hours).

So, are there medicinal qualities to D8? ABSOLUTELY. I won't be wasting any of this rubbing it on my joints, but the stuff will definitely relax you, calm you down, make things hurt less, and help you sleep. In a sense, it kind of made the prescription stuff seem like a fucking JOKE. What a waste not to be prescribing this stuff. So why do some people report that it doesn't get you high? Am I exaggerating or just a noob? Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I believe the reason for it is that most stoners smoke to get really wasted and to STAY wasted. As soon as it starts wearing off, they want back up, and so, actually build up a high tolerance. The more you smoke, the more it takes to keep creating the same effect. Soon, you can't smoke enough to get really high. I believe the key to getting really high on D8 at least is to not overdo it. THC stays in your tissues for a very long time, maybe 6 weeks? I'll be smoking some more tonight, but once a day was plenty enough. I believe that by allowing your body to fully recover and come all the way back to normal, this keeps you sensitive, getting great effect from smoking very little. And the positive effects lingered easily for 6-8 hours while other effects lasted much longer.

Put another way: don't make too much of a good thing.

Tonight after I eat, I'm going to repeat last night's experiment then get into some sci fi like Star Trek, Lost In Space--- some far out trippy programming. I'll be curious to see if I have as intense an experience (I hope so), more or less. All I can say is that last night at times, I actually felt guilty--- I was zoned to the max LEGALLY which really brings into question what the point is about making any pot products illegal in the first place or why this stuff isn't illegal too. Who knows. Politicians and bureaucrats almost never write good laws that make sense. But this stuff can definitely get you BLITZED, to where you are walking in circles trying to remember what the hell you were doing, laughing at nothing, or just having a very good time. But maybe not if you are a heavy stoner used to gulping down loads of sensimellia all day long.

One thing I do know is that while I may occasionally consume some of this in a beverage or food, the prudent way to really use this stuff is by vaping, and to do it right, really right, next week, I'm going to have to look into buying some sort of e-nail dabbing PID bubbler rig. Yes, I've been researching. :SMILEW~130:

Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 5.22.34 PM.jpg

Last edited:
And then what happened?

OK, here is a short (as possible) synopsis of my experiences so far.

1. Delta-8 cannabinol is chemically an almost identical isomer to Delta-9 and both fit into the same receptor sites. It has been suggested that D8 is a waste of time, not so. I bought the concentrate which is like a hard oil or wax, it has the viscosity at room temperature of 5 year old tree sap. It's been about 12-13 years since I played with any such thing and while rather an expert on getting high, have little experience with such concentrates except maybe once or twice in high school 45 years ago buying hash oil. So I've been taking a very systematic approach.
  2. Took a pea sized glop and dissolved it in warm vodka to make a small eye dropper bottle of tincture for sublingual application under the tongue. Had no idea of dosage. Taking a dropper full under the tongue every few minutes eventually gave me a very relaxed, sedate feeling with maybe half the bottle gone. I may eventually make some hot green tea with a larger amount which would probably be more effective. Of course, we understand that THC ingested orally is metabolized by the liver into a different isomer lipid 11-hydroxy-THC, which is the reason for the body high.
  3. The other day I rigged the next step which was to mount a metal spoon in my lab bench mechanical hands (a pair of alligator clips mounted to a base), on which I deposited a glop. I actually put too much there. Using a temperature control soldering iron with fresh tip, I can set the tip to any temp I want and heated the glop that way. It soon liquefied, but between the puddle and the wicking of the metal spoon, I couldn't get the heat I wanted because the iron is actually made for delicate electronic work, but it generated light wisps of smoke which I collected and drew in with a large funnel I could look through. A bit dry and harsh, but felt an effect from the very little I got. I poured the rest back in the jar.
  4. Yesterday I dug out an old hash oil pipe I had luckily saved from high school. It has a small glass bubble with small opening with hump in the stem that then goes back about a foot. It was very dirty so I baked it in my oven for three hours on clean cycle. That got it about half clean, good enough to use. Last evening I put much less in, about a tenth of the previous glops, maybe an eighth inch bit on a tiny screw driver which upon heating the glass, softened the material enough to separate it into the clean bowl. Then I heated it more over the gas burner of my stove on very low, just enough to see the bowl fill up with white vapor or smoke. Hard to say but I was trying to vape it with no more heat than necessary to create white vapor. Whatever I was actually doing, I drew the smoke in until I couldn't take anymore then exhaled immediately to continue puffing as the pipe refilled with smoke, so I couldn't just hold it in for full effect. It was rather dry and harsh and tasteless. I did this a number of times until I felt I had probably vaped most of the stuff and my throat had had enough. My throat and lungs are not in the best shape for this sort of thing so I wanted to take it rather easy this first time.
  5. I had a bit of feeling in my head of fullness and came in here and sat down to read and type. After several minutes, I said to myself: "Toob, you're kinda high." Over the next 30 minutes, I continued to climb, going from kinda high, to stoned, to very stoned to wasted. I was frankly really SHOCKED. This stuff isn't supposed to do this! Soon, I could not even make sense out of what I was trying to type and could barely type and was having an even harder time READING. With GREAT difficulty, I managed to write THIS one post while higher than a kite (post 14):

I bet it took 15-30 minutes to get that one post written.

I quickly realized I was having an LSD-like astral experience. I re-lived my life, went back to very old thoughts, past experiences, my mind was flashing a hundred thoughts a second. I was in a dream-like state almost apart from my body. It was so intense that while I thought of going upstairs to get into some TV and trip out on the show, I was so stoned that I just sat here at the computer for the next half hour to hour, I really don't know, I have no idea when I started this, what time it was or anything, I had no sense of time passage, 5 minutes could have seemed like an hour or an hour could have gone by in 5 minutes. All I knew was that I was so high that it didn't matter where I was or what I was doing, I was on a similar trip as I might get with any good weed or even LSD. I would say the main difference was a lack of VISUAL manifestations. I didn't see the colors or patterns or other strange effects one might expect from good weed or LSD. It was an intense body high but also a very intense first-class mental high.

• Did it reduce anxiety? ABSOLUTELY. It would be impossible to be anxious or nervous! In this regard, it was a thousand times more effective than any anxiety medication I had ever taken. It took effect in minutes, not hours or weeks.
  • Did it make me hungry? Not really. No munchies.
  • Did it alleviate pain? Very well. I would say it was about 100 to 150% better at alleviating pain that various opioids I've taken.
  • Would I want to drive while peaking? No. Not recommended.
  • Would this treat insomnia? Very likely. Very relaxed and I think I slept pretty much like a rock last night.
  • Time distortion, euphoria, tranquility, relaxation, racing thoughts, dreamy, introspective state, difficulty in thinking, reading and remembering, even some paranoia. WASTED.
About an hour after smoking that little bit, I began to clear enough that I went up to watch some programming and have a drink. I was still very high. I had an intense experience where I enjoyed shows more and things struck me funnier. I was now much more part of the show rather than being he who is WATCHING the show on TV. I stayed high the rest of the night and was easily high for at least 6 hours, and still feeling the effects at least 12-16 hours. The next day I am still not fully recovered (well now maybe after 24 hours).

So, are there medicinal qualities to D8? ABSOLUTELY. I won't be wasting any of this rubbing it on my joints, but the stuff will definitely relax you, calm you down, make things hurt less, and help you sleep. In a sense, it kind of made the prescription stuff seem like a fucking JOKE. What a waste not to be prescribing this stuff. So why do some people report that it doesn't get you high? Am I exaggerating or just a noob? Nothing could be farther from the truth.

I believe the reason for it is that most stoners smoke to get really wasted and to STAY wasted. As soon as it starts wearing off, they want back up, and so, actually build up a high tolerance. The more you smoke, the more it takes to keep creating the same effect. Soon, you can't smoke enough to get really high. I believe the key to getting really high on D8 at least is to not overdo it. THC stays in your tissues for a very long time, maybe 6 weeks? I'll be smoking some more tonight, but once a day was plenty enough. I believe that by allowing your body to fully recover and come all the way back to normal, this keeps you sensitive, getting great effect from smoking very little. And the positive effects lingered easily for 6-8 hours while other effects lasted much longer.

Put another way: don't make too much of a good thing.

Tonight after I eat, I'm going to repeat last night's experiment then get into some sci fi like Star Trek, Lost In Space--- some far out trippy programming. I'll be curious to see if I have as intense an experience (I hope so), more or less. All I can say is that last night at times, I actually felt guilty--- I was zoned to the max LEGALLY which really brings into question what the point is about making any pot products illegal in the first place or why this stuff isn't illegal too. Who knows. Politicians and bureaucrats almost never write good laws that make sense. But this stuff can definitely get you BLITZED, to where you are walking in circles trying to remember what the hell you were doing, laughing at nothing, or just having a very good time. But maybe not if you are a heavy stoner used to gulping down loads of sensimellia all day long.

One thing I do know is that while I may occasionally consume some of this in a beverage or food, the prudent way to really use this stuff is by vaping, and to do it right, really right, next week, I'm going to have to look into buying some sort of e-nail dabbing PID bubbler rig. Yes, I've been researching. :SMILEW~130:

View attachment 464875
I got a buzz reading about you getting buzzed!

1615072787330.png

Texas has one of the most restrictive medical marijuana laws in the country, with sales allowed only by prescription for a handful of conditions.

That has not stopped Lukas Gilkey, chief executive of Hometown Hero CBD, based in Austin. His company sells joints, blunts, gummy bears, vaping devices and tinctures that offer a recreational high. In fact, business is booming online as well, where he sells to many people in other states with strict marijuana laws.

But Gilkey said that he is no outlaw and that he is not selling marijuana, just a close relation. He is offering products with a chemical compound — Delta-8-THC — extracted from hemp. It is only slightly chemically different from Delta 9, which is the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

And that small distinction, it turns out, may make a big difference in the eyes of the law. Under federal law, psychoactive Delta 9 is explicitly outlawed. But Delta-8-THC from hemp is not, a loophole that some entrepreneurs say allows them to sell it in many states where hemp possession is legal. The number of customers “coming into Delta 8 is staggering,” Gilkey said.

There is a loophole. Depending on where you live that may not be for long.

WEEKEND UPDATE -

I bought one of their disposable vape cartridges on a lark. The claims are true. While not as psychoactive as THC, Delta-8 does provide a nice marijuana-like euphoria. More of a body high, but with the tell-tale spacey edge of good reefer. Not a bad waiting-for-legalization substitute.

Gilkey's had to hire about thirty people since the NYT article. :113:

CBD is made from hemp. Forget the delta 8 derailment, it's the THC gets one "high". Hemp is an "oh I wish I was high, I think I am, I'm not sure". With cannabis it's "shit I'm stoned"

CBD is hemp derived, can't be more than .3THC by law. Average cannabis is 12% THC. Back in the day most was less, until Maui, Wa green, however once the govt began testing back in the late 70's early 80's their are strains 18%. The tests were done on WA green, govt controlled. Walk into airlocks coming and going but the workers still smuggled it out and cloned it. When Ha came down on Maui, one couldn't find WA it all went to Ha. This was early 80's.

I have had CBD oil and the CBD herb, bout $50 an ounce here for herb. CBD oil yeah about $60 a small vial. With both I noticed NO HIGH comparing it to cannabis. However both did relieve anxiety. Want a good oil, try "Rick Simpson Oil" look it up.

Sorry Shawn but you do not know what you are talking about. I've both grown my own as well as gotten high as far back as the early 1970s.

• CBD is cannibinol oil. All hemp oil, CBD, THC, etc., all starts out as CBD oil until decarbolylization converts the CBD into THC.
  • Hemp is just a generic name for cannabis grown for the fiber. There is no bottanical difference. All Cannibis is Sativa or Indica. Same with hemp.
  • CBD oil is limited to 0.3% Delta 9-THC. Doesn't say a thing about Delta-8. D8 is THC, too.
  • Delta-8 and 9 are chemically and functionally almost identical. The d9 is more hallucinatory/psychoactive while the d8 is a bit more body high. There's a lot of overlap.
  • You can buy delta8 distillate which is more than 96% pure THC. A drop the size of a rice grain can last you a day.
  • You can get absolutely shit-faced, stoned to the zone, tripped out and blitzed on D8.
  • Right now I can buy a gram of D8-THC distillate (hash oil or what they call "wax" now) for under $3/gram that will get you RIPPED. It might not get you ripped as quickly or as far as oil made from pink kush sensi full of D9, but it more than does the job, is legal everywhere and costs a small fraction of the price.

Last edited:
CBD is made from hemp. Forget the delta 8 derailment, it's the THC gets one "high". Hemp is an "oh I wish I was high, I think I am, I'm not sure". With cannabis it's "shit I'm stoned"

CBD is hemp derived, can't be more than .3THC by law. Average cannabis is 12% THC. Back in the day most was less, until Maui, Wa green, however once the govt began testing back in the late 70's early 80's their are strains 18%. The tests were done on WA green, govt controlled. Walk into airlocks coming and going but the workers still smuggled it out and cloned it. When Ha came down on Maui, one couldn't find WA it all went to Ha. This was early 80's.

I have had CBD oil and the CBD herb, bout $50 an ounce here for herb. CBD oil yeah about $60 a small vial. With both I noticed NO HIGH comparing it to cannabis. However both did relieve anxiety. Want a good oil, try "Rick Simpson Oil" look it up.

Sorry Shawn but you do not know what you are talking about. I've both grown my own as well as gotten high as far back as the early 1970s.

• CBD is cannibinol oil. All hemp oil, CBD, THC, etc., all starts out as CBD oil until decarbolylization converts the CBD into THC.
  • Hemp is just a generic name for cannabis grown for the fiber. There is no bottanical difference. All Cannibis is Sativa or Indica. Same with hemp.
  • CBD oil is limited to 0.3% Delta 9-THC. Doesn't say a thing about Delta-8. D8 is THC, too.
  • Delta-8 and 9 are chemically and functionally almost identical. The d9 is more hallucinatory/psychoactive while the d8 is a bit more body high. There's a lot of overlap.
  • You can buy delta8 distillate which is more than 96% pure THC. A drop the size of a rice grain can last you a day.
  • You can get absolutely shit-faced, stoned to the zone, tripped out and blitzed on D8.
  • Right now I can buy a gram of D8-THC distillate (hash oil or what they call "wax" now) for under $3/gram that will get you RIPPED. It might not get you ripped as quickly or as far as oil made from pink kush sensi full of D9, but it more than does the job, is legal everywhere and costs a small fraction of the price.

I'm flying Delta-8 occasionally these days. Vape carts. Nice buzz. The great thing about it is you can maintain mental focus, unlike slap-you-upside-the-head Delta-9. I like this better. There's already a D8 shop nearby.

So, Huxley predicted "Soma" in Brave New World.

I'm flying Delta-8 occasionally these days. Vape carts. Nice buzz. The great thing about it is you can maintain mental focus, unlike slap-you-upside-the-head Delta-9. I like this better. There's already a D8 shop nearby.

D8 can slap you up side the head and leave you "defocused" to say the least, too. I've missed whole TV shows not even able to keep track of or follow the dialog and story totally caught up in my own trip. No idea the time involved either. Just that you are used to D9. If you gave up smoking for a few months then went back to D8, you would find it all that you need.

D8 can slap you up side the head and leave you "defocused" to say the least, too. I've missed whole TV shows not even able to keep track of or follow the dialog and story totally caught up in my own trip. No idea the time involved either. Just that you are used to D9. If you gave up smoking for a few months then went back to D8, you would find it all that you need.

I would not use it to that degree. Couple of hits off the cart and then I put it away.

Texas has one of the most restrictive medical marijuana laws in the country, with sales allowed only by prescription for a handful of conditions.

That has not stopped Lukas Gilkey, chief executive of Hometown Hero CBD, based in Austin. His company sells joints, blunts, gummy bears, vaping devices and tinctures that offer a recreational high. In fact, business is booming online as well, where he sells to many people in other states with strict marijuana laws.

But Gilkey said that he is no outlaw and that he is not selling marijuana, just a close relation. He is offering products with a chemical compound — Delta-8-THC — extracted from hemp. It is only slightly chemically different from Delta 9, which is the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana.

And that small distinction, it turns out, may make a big difference in the eyes of the law. Under federal law, psychoactive Delta 9 is explicitly outlawed. But Delta-8-THC from hemp is not, a loophole that some entrepreneurs say allows them to sell it in many states where hemp possession is legal. The number of customers “coming into Delta 8 is staggering,” Gilkey said.

In my personal opinion marijuana should be legalized across the country...

I would not use it to that degree. Couple of hits off the cart and then I put it away.

Well, I'm not sure what a cart is or the quality of whatever some people here are talking about, but from the sounds of it, the quality of what some people have tried as D8 may not be the same as what I've seen. So let me ask you, which of these would you not use?

Delta8-Tetrahydrocannabinol.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-04-09 at 10.09.31 AM.jpg

A few atomic bonds. That's the difference. One is the evil weed THC and the other is the harmless hemp oil.

Well, I'm not sure what a cart is or the quality of whatever some people here are talking about, but from the sounds of it, the quality of what some people have tried as D8 may not be the same as what I've seen. So let me ask you, which of these would you not use?

View attachment 477987View attachment 477988

A few atomic bonds. That's the difference. One is the evil weed THC and the other is the harmless hemp oil.

Vape cartridge. Quality is primo.

I have used both, so not an issue.

Ok. Why?

Ok. Why?

First, why not?

Forum List

Back