This coming June 10th, Will Be 53rd Anniversary of Democrats Filibuster of 1964 Civil Rights Act

But it's different, that was then, this is now..

Republican oppose affirmative action that uses racial quotas as discriminatory.

Republicans oppose voter fraud and want Voter ID laws as every other civilized democracy on Earth has and Dimms whine about it being opposition to voter rights, when guarding the validity of the vote is fundamental to voters rights.

Republicans support real marriage which Dimms distort as opposing gay rights.

Republicans support the flying of the Confederate Flag as part of regional history and the right to self expression, while wannabe Dimmocrat fascists want everyone to think alike and ban any dissent.
Yeah, I know what GOP members act like now, it doesn't impress me, nor the snake oil salesman of the democratic party, they are both out to play sleight of hand..

Was that the bill LBJ called the "****** Bill"?

Don't know about what code switching switched where, but it is the one he said "you're either the party of Lincoln or you're not -- put up or shut up":

>> Johnson and his chief political strategists on the civil rights bill --- Larry O'Brien and Deputy Attorney General Nicholas Katzenbach --- began huddling within days of the assassination. Key to passage, they recognized, would be the civil rights organizations, labor, business, the churches, and the Republican party.

.... On his way to the office on the morning of December 4 [1963]--- the Johnsons were still living at The Elms --- LBJ had his driver swing by and pick up George Meany, who lived nearby. During the ride, Meany promised he would do everything possible to secure support for the civil rights bill from leaders of the AFL-CIO, no small task because the measure covered apprenticeship programs. A day later, LBJ gathered up House Republican Minority Leader Charles Halleck for the trip downtown. Halleck was noncommittal; Johnson made it plain that he was going to hold the GOP's feet to the fire on civil rights: "I'm going to lay it on the line ... now you're either for civil rights or you're not ... you're either the party of Lincoln or you're not --- By God, put up or shut up."15 ---- LBJ: Architect of American Ambition, pp. 470-471

But it's different, that was then, this is now..

Republican [sic] oppose affirmative action that uses racial quotas as discriminatory.

Actually Republicans started Affirmative Action. Whether you want to count that from the 19th century "forty acres and a mule" incentives of the post-Civil War, or whether you want to count it from Richard Nixon's "Philadelphia Plan" (1969). Both happened to derive from Republicans. Not that that means anything intrinsic to the definition of "Republican" but you seem to like to live by Composition Fallacies so there ya go --- die by one.

Have you ever come across what the rest of us call a "history book"?

Republican [sic] oppose affirmative action that uses racial quotas as discriminatory.

Actually Republicans started Affirmative Action. Whether you want to count that from the 19th century "forty acres and a mule" incentives of the post-Civil War, or whether you want to count it from Richard Nixon's "Philadelphia Plan" (1969). Both happened to derive from Republicans. Not that that means anything intrinsic to the definition of "Republican" but you seem to like to live by Composition Fallacies so there ya go --- die by one.

That Republicans today oppose the use of racial quotas is not contradicted by Republican desire to give blacks a hand up for the last 150 years.

That Republicans today oppose the use of racial quotas is not contradicted by Republican desire to give blacks a hand up for the last 150 years.

Who knows what your intended point was. :dunno: You don't even seem to know the plural Republicans.

Having it both ways fallacy noted and dsimissed. Historical point stands. As does historical context furnished that was deliberately left out of the OP to make a bogus point that went down in flames.

That about it?

Sure they do....Republicans opposed affirmative action, busing, minority education programs

They were happy to declare 1965 to be the status quo and oppose any legislation that attempted to correct it

It's not government's responsibility to give anyone a hand up though, so, nah.

Sure they do....Republicans opposed affirmative action, busing, minority education programs

They were happy to declare 1965 to be the status quo and oppose any legislation that attempted to correct it

That's what alt Reich fake news is for.

You and RightWinger demonstrate once again that you have no regard for facts and persist in lying as a rhetorical tool.

Thank you for reminding me why I have both of you on my ignore list.

You and RightWinger demonstrate once again that you have no regard for facts and persist in lying as a rhetorical tool.

I believe I'm on that same list for that same reason --- "facts". Pesky things they are, always getting in the way of a Jim Hoft Blogdump.

Facts are that racists now flock to the Republican Party

That is why Trump got elected

I believe I'm on that same list for that same reason --- "facts". Pesky things they are, always getting in the way of a Jim Hoft Blogdump.
This is an example of the way facts get in the way of liberals and you idiots simply ignroe them.

Opposing the use of racial quotas is opposition to racism, but you libtards are OK with that as long as it benefits your constituency, as you always have.

That does not change why Republicans are opposed to racial quotas used in any capacity in any government program, but you guys twist it as though it is an attack on blacks.

You are liars and frauds and this is just one more demonstration of that fact.

It's not government's responsibility to give anyone a hand up though, so, nah.

That's true, but of course the Republican Party of 150 years ago was not only the home of Liberals but also the home of "doing big things with Government", a legacy they carried over from the Whigs --- e.g. Lincoln.

Of course, political parties and what they stand for morphs over the course of 150 years, an inconvenient fact that seems to sail blithely over the OP's hood as he toddles away toddlerically with his Composition Fallacies where terms like "Republican" and "Democrat" are some sort of fixed entities that somehow just stand in one place forever ignoring the effects of time. :cuckoo:

Facts are that racists now flock to the Republican Party
That is why Trump got elected

No, the racists are in the Black Lies Matter movement and the KKK all established and supported by Dimmocrats.

No more response from me to you stupid shit today, RR.

Thank you!

Was that the bill LBJ called the "****** Bill"?

Don't know about what code switching switched where, but it is the one he said "you're either the party of Lincoln or you're not -- put up or shut up":

>> Johnson and his chief political strategists on the civil rights bill --- Larry O'Brien and Deputy Attorney General Nicholas Katzenbach --- began huddling within days of the assassination. Key to passage, they recognized, would be the civil rights organizations, labor, business, the churches, and the Republican party.

.... On his way to the office on the morning of December 4 [1963]--- the Johnsons were still living at The Elms --- LBJ had his driver swing by and pick up George Meany, who lived nearby. During the ride, Meany promised he would do everything possible to secure support for the civil rights bill from leaders of the AFL-CIO, no small task because the measure covered apprenticeship programs. A day later, LBJ gathered up House Republican Minority Leader Charles Halleck for the trip downtown. Halleck was noncommittal; Johnson made it plain that he was going to hold the GOP's feet to the fire on civil rights: "I'm going to lay it on the line ... now you're either for civil rights or you're not ... you're either the party of Lincoln or you're not --- By God, put up or shut up."15 ---- LBJ: Architect of American Ambition, pp. 470-471

Wait, this was almost identical to the Civil Rights Bill put forth by Ike in 1957, the same one LBJ kept locked up in the Senate for 7 years

Forum List

Back