Things we can and can't afford

Which billionaires paid $1.5 trillion? Link?

If I can afford to give tax breaks to billionaires....I can afford anything
You didn’t answer the question.
I don’t answer stupid questions
I have better things to do
Ad hominem.
You never answer any pointed question with anything but an ad hominem.
Again
I don’t answer stupid questions
You also don’t end your sentences with a period.

Now that we have given a $1.5 trillion tax cut to billionaires

We can afford

Free college
Medicare for all
Infrastructure
Mass transit

Which billionaires paid $1.5 trillion? Link?
None.
iu

Thanks to an insane government run by criminals.

When will Americans wake up to the fraud being perpetrated on them?

Wall Street bailouts didn't require $12.8 trillion in spending.
Oil companies pay billions in taxes, they don't get subsidies.
Not really applicable.

Thomas Jefferson said that “banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies” and that “if the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks . . . will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

President Franklin D. Roosevelt wrote to Col. House that “the real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.”

Bankers control the government and bankers love war.

and that “if the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks . . . will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

That is my favorite fake quote.

Have we given up on the fake $12.8 trillion Wall Street bailout claim yet?

iu

Don't forget billions and billions in tax cuts for folks who already have most of the money.

It doesn’t matter how many times you say it...sane people know for fact...if you haven’t got your “cut” it’s only because you’re a lazy, complacent, begging piece of shit. This is simple.

iu

Don't forget billions and billions in tax cuts for folks who already have most of the money.

It doesn’t matter how many times you say it...sane people know for fact...if you haven’t got your “cut” it’s only because you’re a lazy, complacent, begging piece of shit. This is simple.
Begging takes effort.

iu

Begging takes effort.

True, but it’s minimal...a litter of children, dirty clothes, a sad face and a hand held out.

solution_congress.jpg

"Every municipal and state Anti-Corruption Act creates common-sense ethics, conflict-of-interest, transparency, and campaign finance laws. State Acts create the opportunity for federal candidates from that state to campaign on the anti-corruption platform – accountable to their constituents, not special interests."
Here's how we fix corruption in America.

We Can Criminalize Corruption by Passing This Law.

It won't happen unless you have more political parties with more oversight and actual choice at the ballot box. FPTP just won't do that.

Proportional representation isn't practical in a nation as large as ours, there aren't enough seats to accommodate such a system. Each region is allotted a seat for representation. The only type of electoral reform that would be feasible to include smaller parties would be instant run off voting.

You can't pool seats, and give a reserved seat for a rural district to an urban district just so you can make a proportional rep. system scheme work, it would be unfair to the interests of both urban and rural voters.

On top of that, if you cared to watch the video, it clearly stated that the mechanism through which they have intended to accomplish this is through ballot initiative, they intend to by pass all parties. They recognize that all politicians, no matter the party, have no incentive to introduce these reforms. The law to end corruption needs to be passed directly by the people.

The only problem?

It still needs to be enforced by politicians and courts.

As we are seeing right now in the battle between the Deep State and the Public State, there has never been any guarantee that the politicians, the bureaucracy will ever enforce the laws or follow them. Or indeed that the fourth estate will honestly report truthfully about what is going on.

I totally disagree.

1) There aren't enough seats for a nation the size of the US.

Huh? That's like saying you can't use string to tie a parcel because string isn't long enough. How long is a piece of string? It's as long as you want it.

You can make PR have as many or as few Congressmen as you wish.

You could have one Congressman per 10 people, or per 1 million people. The reality is the US could keep the same number of Congressmen it has right now, with PR.

As for it wouldn't allow for smaller parties. I disagree again.

Germany is a large-ish country of about 80 million people. It has 6 parties in the Bundestag. They have a 5% cut off point. You don't make 5%, you don't get in parliament (unless you get a FPTP seat).

Personally I think it should be a little lower, 4% or 3%, but it works. You have a choice between traditional right, traditional left, center right, further right, further left and environmental left.

This is far, far more than the US has which is just two political parties.

In the US it might happen that coalitions happen between different groups to form one block of voting.

I'm not sure what you mean about pooling of seats.

Individuals get a vote. If a rural person in California votes for a party and a rural person in Wyoming votes for the same party, then their votes count.

Right now if you want to vote for a party in California but your district, or your state (in presidential) doesn't vote that way, your vote is wasted.

Yes, if I had bothered to watch the video. But I didn't. So....

Yes, they intend to bypass political parties. It won't work. The system is so controlling, it just won't work.

Lots and lots of money in tax cuts for people who have lots and lots of money.

iu

If you think eliminating the Trump tax cut would fix this, you aren’t thinking clearly. You are however thinking like a duped partisan.

The only time lefties worry about spending is when a republican is in office. It's only been a year and a half and tax revenues have increased while the GDP is at 4.1 and the DOW is around 25,000 but the angry hypocrite left will always find something to whine about.
Yes and the only time the R Party worries about spending is when a D is POTUS.

Seems the two criminal gangs operate alike.

iu

If you think eliminating the Trump tax cut would fix this, you aren’t thinking clearly. You are however thinking like a duped partisan.
I never said it would fix everything,. It it is certainly an unnecessary drag on government resources. But "fix everything" was never mentioned.

iu

I never said it would fix everything,. It it is certainly an unnecessary drag on government resources. But "fix everything" was never mentioned.
No. The government is a drag on our economy. It is way too expensive, entirely inefficient, and at it’s worst more criminal than the Mafia.

iu

No. The government is a drag on our economy. It is way too expensive, entirely inefficient, and at it’s worst more criminal than the Mafia.
And yet still necessary. If only the parties didn’t work so hard at not fixing it.

iu

And yet still necessary. If only the parties didn’t work so hard at not fixing it.
We have the best government money can buy.

iu

Then move.

Forum List

Back