Things That Have Actually Gotten Better

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Stuff today generally sucks. Most appliances break down right after the warranty runs out.

But some stuff is better:

Men's razors, for instance, and shaving cream. The triple blade is better than the single, and the gel is better than the foam.

What else?

Stuff today generally sucks. Most appliances break down right after the warranty runs out.

But some stuff is better:

Men's razors, for instance, and shaving cream. The triple blade is better than the single, and the gel is better than the foam.

What else?

Tires on cars, when was the last time anyone had a blow out? How about an overheated radiator?

How about the whole spices coming in grinders? That's a great new thing.

Tires on cars, when was the last time anyone had a blow out? How about an overheated radiator?

How about the whole spices coming in grinders? That's a great new thing.

I *heart* my spice grinders.

And, I *heart* my Tassimo machine - coffee makers have reached their final peak. :D

As someone who loves to cook, I love using whole spices. I prefer using a coffee grinder over the individual spice grinders. I feel it does a better job.

As one who reminisces, I miss the scratchy sound that comes from a phonograph. But I prefer the picture quality of HDTV.

As someone who loves to cook, I love using whole spices. I prefer using a coffee grinder over the individual spice grinders. I feel it does a better job.

As one who reminisces, I miss the scratchy sound that comes from a phonograph. But I prefer the picture quality of HDTV.

Well being one of the less pc on the boards, I'll say I was really reminiscing about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving while out walking.

I remember the long walk home from school on one of those gorgeous fall days, with the elm and maple leaves falling and the scrunch of the leaves under my feet. Turning onto my block and seeing my mom out raking leaves towards the back of our property to burn them. We'd be at it till the sun went down, watching the red embers dying away. Then we'd go inside for hot dogs or chili and hot chocolate.

Computers have improved dramatically in the last several years. It's amazing what you can do with a computer today. You almost have to buy a new computer to keep up with the advances in technology.

I also like the energy-saving light bulbs. They last a long time and save you money in the long run.

I totally agree on the computers. My freshman year in college was at a place that only had 1 internet connection in the library on a campus with 1k students. MY sophomore year I transfered to the experimental state school where they wre trying out the new thing of having a cpu in every dorm. I remember the ass end of 486 ibm clones and the introduction of pentiums that could play mp3s. I remember Neverwinter Nights when it was a multi player gold box game on AOL. NOW look at the mmorpg. quake 2, diablo and battlemech 2 on the campus t4 netowrk. vast media collections..

I tellya, the funniest memory I have regarding the progression of computing is this: A friend went to go get the largest HD i'd seen at the time, 1 GIG, and I looked at him with a strait face and said, "youll NEVER use all of that space!"

ahhh.. classic.

i'm also glad that we've moved past the whole interracial union controversy. pointing out Jungle Fever is so late 80s/early 90s.

truly. thist must have been what it was like when the lightbulb and horseless carriage became popular.

Necessities for children have gotten REALLY good these days. Some of the vehicle restraint devices are friggin phenomenal. I mean, I was a child of the 80's, I didn't even HAVE a car seat. My car seat was whoever's lap was occupying the passenger seat...and sometimes the drivers seat, from what I remember.

And I haven't even figured out all of what our new stroller does yet. This thing so far, washes dishes for you, changes the baby's diapers, and feeds it bottles in the middle of the night so we don't have to wake up. It's INCREDIBLE. And it collapses down to a little thing the size of a calculator so you can carry it around in your pocket when you're done using it

No, but really though, it doubles as a car seat as well, a REALLY GOOD ONE, and also has cup holders! Friggin cup holders!

Speaking of cup holders, have you guys seen CUP HOLDERS these days! Damn, I mean they're already one of the greatest inventions in history, and somehow they still manage to improve them EVERYTIME.

Forum List

Back