They Say Jim Crow, We Say Hell No

The blunt fact is that whites, when struck by natural disaster, simply do not act like blacks similarly struck. We know this because we have plenty of examples of natural disasters striking white populations that DID NOT result in a second hurricane of crime, looting, murder, rape, robbery, etc.

Katrina wasn't a "failure" of anything, to my mind. The government did exactly as we expect. Whites did exactly as we expect. Blacks did exactly as we expect. Even nature did exactly as we expect. It was only "unexpected" by the standard of liberal thought control, which holds that government is perfect, blacks are angels and whites should be there to dust them off if they fall. And Mother Nature is a benevolent bringer of sunshine and roses, for whom we should launch all manner of environmental movements, instead of respect/fear as a powerful force than can both support life and rip it away.

The deadly force here is liberal egalitarian fantasy. It kills minds, it kills bodies.

The blunt fact is that whites, when struck by natural disaster, simply do not act like blacks similarly struck. We know this because we have plenty of examples of natural disasters striking white populations that DID NOT result in a second hurricane of crime, looting, murder, rape, robbery, etc.

Katrina wasn't a "failure" of anything, to my mind. The government did exactly as we expect. Whites did exactly as we expect. Blacks did exactly as we expect. Even nature did exactly as we expect. It was only "unexpected" by the standard of liberal thought control, which holds that government is perfect, blacks are angels and whites should be there to dust them off if they fall. And Mother Nature is a benevolent bringer of sunshine and roses, for whom we should launch all manner of environmental movements, instead of respect/fear as a powerful force than can both support life and rip it away.

The deadly force here is liberal egalitarian fantasy. It kills minds, it kills bodies.
So true, WJ.

For all my problems with the military at times, I admire the near 100% colorblind society we have. Returning to society to witness the racebaiters of all shades poison our society with their fantasy ideology (as WJ accurately observes) will be painful.

It is excellent to see Michigan coming close to ending this charade though. Let's hope they follow through in November and the courts don't hold it up for too long.

Personally, I'm against affirmative action based on the fact that if someone gets hired/etc., it should be based on their personal merit.

That sums up my feelings exactly. Affirmative Action is nothing more than quotas. The Left seems to have an obsession with the idea of a planned society, as they did with the idea of planned economies.

Let me give an example of how AA is a futile proposition. Suppose, I'm a manager and I need 10 programmers who are proficient in programming IBM mainframes. I search resumes, conduct interviews and find 10 candidates who meet the criteria. The problem is, 8 of those candidates are men or are white. My company's AA criteria states that 50% of all new hirees must either be women or minorities. Now what? Well, I can do two things, hire 16 people (the initial 10 candidates + 6 others who don't meet the criteria but satisfy the AA goals) or hire 10, but extend offers to only 5 of the initial candidates and 3 others who are not as qualified. Let's assume I go with the 2nd choice.

About two years later, the economy slows down and I have to lay off programmers. How do I chose who goes? By performance, naturally. So, I can the lowest performers. The problem is, more than 50% of them are either women or minorities!!!!! So, now I get accused of laying off on the basis of sex or race, and I land in court.

If there are AA guidelines for laying off, I find myself in the equally unappetizing position of laying off people who are good performers and favoring those who do not perform well. Again, I risk landing in court.

Now what? I go back to the beginning of my scenario. I'm a manager who needs 10 programmers who are proficient in programming IBM mainframes. I realize that I can't win because of AA, so I pick up the phone and call an outsourcing outfit in India. They hire 10 qualified programmers, who will work virtually from Bombay or Calcutta or wherever. There! Problem solved! And goodbye American jobs!!!!!

Thomas Sowell, who is a excellent scholar, wrote a book condemning AA. I never read it. The irony of it all is, Dr. Sowell is black.

Forum List

Back