They said it: Israeli leaders on Palestine

They made it up "as early as 1911." I own antiques older than that. <LOL>

Ottoman Empire map in 1400's

Ottoman_empire.svg

Ottoman_empire.svg

After the Romans adopted the term as the official administrative name for the region in the 2nd century CE, "Palestine" as a stand alone term came into widespread use, printed on coins, in inscriptions and even in rabbinic texts.[44] The Arabic word Filastin has been used to refer to the region since the time of the earliest medieval Arab geographers. It appears to have been used as an Arabic adjectival noun in the region since as early as the 7th century CE

Palestinian people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ottoman_empire.svg

After the Romans adopted the term as the official administrative name for the region in the 2nd century CE, "Palestine" as a stand alone term came into widespread use, printed on coins, in inscriptions and even in rabbinic texts.[44] The Arabic word Filastin has been used to refer to the region since the time of the earliest medieval Arab geographers. It appears to have been used as an Arabic adjectival noun in the region since as early as the 7th century CE

That doesn't jive with the link provided, in fact it confirms the map I provided, "Syrians of Palestinian origin". Thank you for the link:

The Greek toponym Palaistín&#275; (&#928;&#945;&#955;&#945;&#953;&#963;&#964;&#943;&#957;&#951;), with which the Arabic Filastin (&#1601;&#1604;&#1587;&#1591;&#1610;&#1606;) is cognate, first occurs in the work of the 5th. century BCE Greek historian Herodotus, where it denotes generally[35] the coastal land from Phoenicia down to Egypt.[36][37] Herodotus also employs the term as an ethnonym, as when he speaks of the 'Syrians of Palestine' or 'Palestinian-Syrians',[38] an ethnically amorphous group he distinguishes from the Phoenicians.[39] The Greek word bears comparison to a congeries of ancient ethnonyms and toponyms. In Ancient Egyptian Peleset/Purusati[40] refers to one of the Sea Peoples. Among Semitic languages, Assyrian Palastu generally refers to southern Palestine.[41] Biblical Hebrew's cognate word Pli&#353;tim,[42] usually translated Philistines, does not distinguish them and the other Sea Peoples, who settled in Palestine around 1100 BCE.[43]
Syria Palestina continued to be used by historians and geographers and others to refer to the area between the Mediterranean sea and the Jordan river, as in the writings of Philo, Josephus and Pliny the Elder. After the Romans adopted the term as the official administrative name for the region in the 2nd century CE, "Palestine" as a stand alone term came into widespread use, printed on coins, in inscriptions and even in rabbinic texts.[44] The Arabic word Filastin has been used to refer to the region since the time of the earliest medieval Arab geographers. It appears to have been used as an Arabic adjectival noun in the region since as early as the 7th century CE.[45] The Arabic language newspaper Filasteen (est. 1911), published in Jaffa by Issa and Yusef al-Issa, addressed its readers as "Palestinians".[46]

Ottoman_empire.svg

Boyo, you've been imbibing waaaay too much Wild Irish Rose. Habits are hard to break, ain't they?

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

I remember when this fat racist pig said this.

Hoffstra, et al,

Yes, but do you know what he was talking about.

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

(QUESTION)

This was not a stand alone statement. What was the conversation about.

Most Respectfully,
R

Hoffstra, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R
It's a joke the way they cherry pick certain sentences from a news report. Meanwhile, since racism has to do actually with race, I wonder if Hoffstra can tell us about the pig racists (Muslim Arabs) who caused 300,000 Black Muslim people to perish in Darfur and countless Black Muslim women having to live in tents in refugee camps in Chad. As an aside, I wonder if Hoffstra believes that there are not any obese Arabs.

Boyo, you've been imbibing waaaay too much Wild Irish Rose. Habits are hard to break, ain't they?

do you always resort to personal attacks when backed into a corner by facts?
There are true facts and then, on the other hand, there are so -called facts which happen not to be actually facts at all. What to believe, what to believe!!! So much fakery by those pro Palestinian types. I wish they would all get together and start a movie studio to produce more of those Pallywood films so we all could get some more laughs. Strange how many posters have run out of things to say derogatory about Israel so they dig up old stuff that the viewers have seen numerous times before, and then the others of like mind join in the orgy. Meanwhile, of course, those having their orgy over old stuff seem to completely forget about all those innocent people being murdered in Egypt, Syria, Yeman, etc. because the Jews are not involved.

Hoffstra, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

Of course he doesn't know what the conversation was about. Pro - Palestinians like him, or should I say rabid anti - Israelis , will take every opportunity to take any quote out of context in order to take a jab at Israelis to demonize them

Hoffstra, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

"I believe that Jews and Arabs can live together. It&#8217;s not an easy thing but I believe we can reach an agreement. I don&#8217;t want to pretend about talking to Arabs because I meet Arabs, here and on our farm at home. I would like to be very careful not to pretend but I think I am one of the only ones here at the present time that will have the power and the strength to tell the citizens of Israel what they have to do and to make compromises and painful compromises, to look into their eyes and say that."

- Ariel Sharon: November 5, 2002 - Times of London

"It had always been one of my convictions that Jews and Arabs could live together. Even as a child it never occurred to me that Jews might someday be living in Israel without Arabs, or separated from Arabs. On the contrary, for me it had always seemed perfectly normal for the two people to live and work side by side. That is the nature of life here and it Always will be.... though Israel is a Jewish nation, it is, of course, Not only a Jewish nation... I begin with the basic conviction that Jews and Arabs can live together. I have repeated that at every opportunity, not for journalists and not for popular consumption, but because I have never believed differently or thought differently, from my childhood on. I am not afraid of Arabs. I feel I can live with them. I believe I understand their problems. I know that we are Both inhabitants of this land, and although the state is Jewish, that does Not mean that Arabs should not be full citizens in every sense of the word."

- Ariel Sharon in "Warrior," p343, 542-3

-

Last edited:
Hoffstra, et al,

This was a comment made to the Mitchell Commission (Report of The Sharm el-Sheikh Fact-Finding Committee April 30, 2000) pertaining to the "Al-Aqsa Intifada;" on the aftermath and issue of accountability.

See: Clashes mar Mid-East inquiry; Sunday, 25 March, 2001, BBC News (The commission will report on six months of violence)

Hoffstra, et al,

(QUESTION)

Most Respectfully,
R

Of course he doesn't know what the conversation was about. Pro - Palestinians like him, or should I say rabid anti - Israelis , will take every opportunity to take any quote out of context in order to take a jab at Israelis to demonize them
(COMMENT)

What was he talking about? Accountability for the Violence!

INTRODUCTION - What Happened? Mitchell Commission Report said:
In late September 2000, Israeli, Palestinian, and other officials received reports that Member of the Knesset (now Prime Minister) Ariel Sharon was planning a visit to the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount in Jerusalem. Palestinian and U.S. officials urged then Prime Minister Ehud Barak to prohibit the visit. 3/ Mr. Barak told us that he believed the visit was intended to be an internal political act directed against him by a political opponent, and he declined to prohibit it. Mr. Sharon made the visit on September 28 accompanied by over 1,000 Israeli police officers. Although Israelis viewed the visit in an internal political context, Palestinians saw it as highly provocative to them. On the following day, in the same place, a large number of unarmed Palestinian demonstrators and a large Israeli police contingent confronted each other. According to the U.S. Department of State, "Palestinians held large demonstrations and threw stones at police in the vicinity of the Western Wall. Police used rubber-coated metal bullets and live ammunition to disperse the demonstrators, killing 4 persons and injuring about 200." 4/ According to the GOI, 14 Israeli policemen were injured. 5/ Similar demonstrations took place over the following several days. 6/ Thus began what has become known as the "Al-Aqsa Intifada" (Al-Aqsa being a mosque at the Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount). The GOI asserts that the immediate catalyst for the violence was the breakdown of the Camp David negotiations on July 25, 2000 and the "widespread appreciation in the international community of Palestinian responsibility for the impasse." 7/ In this view, Palestinian violence was planned by the PA leadership, and was aimed at "provoking and incurring Palestinian casualties as a means of regaining the diplomatic initiative."8/ The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) denies the allegation that the intifada was planned. It claims, however, that "Camp David represented nothing less than an attempt by Israel to extend the force it exercises on the ground to negotiations," 9/ and that "the failure of the summit, and the attempts to allocate blame on the Palestinian side only added to the tension on the ground ..." 10/

SOURCE: Report of The Sharm el-Sheikh Fact-Finding Committee April 30, 2000

The statement was not a generalize position of the State of Israel, but on a specific issue.

Most Respectfully,
R

"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." Moshe Dayan, April 1969, Ha'aretz; quoted in Edward Said, 'Zionism from the Standpoint of Its Victims', Social Text, Volume 1, 1979, 7-58.
And the real text with a deliberately omitted part: "We came to this country which was already populated by Arabs and we are establishing a Hebrew, that is a Jewish state there. In considerable areas of the country we bought the lands from the Arabs, Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not know even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you, because these geography books no longer exist; not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahalal arose in the place of Mahalul, Gevat -- in the place of Jibra, Sarid -- in the place of Haneifs and Kefar Yehoshua -- in the place of Tell Shaman. There is not one place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." Edward Said was one great fakir in forging stuff, of course.

"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." Moshe Dayan, April 1969, Ha'aretz; quoted in Edward Said, 'Zionism from the Standpoint of Its Victims', Social Text, Volume 1, 1979, 7-58.

And the real text with a deliberately omitted part: "We came to this country which was already populated by Arabs and we are establishing a Hebrew, that is a Jewish state there. In considerable areas of the country we bought the lands from the Arabs, Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not know even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you, because these geography books no longer exist; not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahalal arose in the place of Mahalul, Gevat -- in the place of Jibra, Sarid -- in the place of Haneifs and Kefar Yehoshua -- in the place of Tell Shaman. There is not one place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population." Edward Said was one great fakir in forging stuff, of course.

Yes, this is the typical tactic of posters on forums, to misquote speeches, leave words out, etc., which changes the context of the message. They also show stand-alone pictures without the story behind the picture, etc.

Last edited:
:clap:

They're either false quotes, or as you indicated, misquotes and intentional manipulation of quotes, a tactic commonly found among hate sites.

They're either false quotes, or as you indicated, misquotes and intentional manipulation of quotes, a tactic commonly found among hate sites.
The important thing to remember, Roudy, whenever we see this Dayan "quote," is that a one-time poster, Dr. Miller, on a visit to Israel actually went to Haaretz and asked them if this was ever in their newspaper. Upon searching their archives and not finding it, they reported to him that they never published anything like that. However, rest assured that some time in the future someone will drag up these quotes just as they have been dragged up time and time again in the past.

It's incredible the lengths that the anti - Zionists will go to to demonize Israel. So much hate for the Jewish state. Just unbelievable

many people of the jewish faith who live now in israel are still against zionism

did caroline say that all land was purchased from the former owners? ...... i guess not

is caroline one of the paid students who has a job defending israel on the internet?

many people of the jewish faith who live now in israel are still against zionism

did caroline say that all land was purchased from the former owners? ...... i guess not

is caroline one of the paid students who has a job defending israel on the internet?
Give us a list of your credentials, Her Doktor Professor. We can't just take your word for your revelations. Heard it before without proof.

Forum List

Back