They just came out of the Woods...

Me and the front Doe are still going through this stare down thingy every day....

b8931421-df8b-438f-855b-47dc0d7190ae.png

They don't need to blink much, so they are always going to win! :lol:

this is so cute! In the middle of the storm Matt had gone out to dig out the path to the generator, in case we were going to need it, and brought some deer corn out and piled it high.... but the storm brought so much snow it was covered at least 6 to 8 inches of snow on top....

Well the doe sniffed it out and found it and dug a hole with her nose to get down to it... and when she came up from the hole she had snow all over her face and nose....the shots are adorable....wish they were not through the glass window and storm window but they are cute, none the less...

sniffed out
10caa921-3561-4bea-8bed-9d7eb39f24bc.png

dug in
8720f99d-f1cb-4d4a-af07-63c170be094d.png

snow covered face
2de369c3-3d21-47b3-bf11-c8c414b49984.png

Last edited:
Rince and repeat

Dug in
ec0a5d03-41c6-4140-a453-667e1a0be24a.png

then up for air:
snow covered face
b935d955-ab9c-428d-af49-3336201d3439.png

It's amazing that these animals can survive outdoors in this weather. They are the epitome of toughness. All wild animals. We are such wimps in comparison. We would die in a matter of hours.
You know, it may sound funny but in a way, it makes sense to question it....

All animals have evolved to the conditions of the environment....as example, Polar Bears, were once brown bears but some evolved in to having white fur when they moved north or some kind of ice age, and the food on land became short, so over time they developed webbed feet, where they evolved in to great swimmers, due to the oceans being abundant with fish for food....

and even today, most animals molt, and change their fur between seasons....thinner coats in the summer with a downy under layer and fur on top in the winter...

but with us, we were created differently... and it does not make sense...

We allegedly had fur or were hairy at one time to keep warm, then we lose near all of our hair? We lose every thing that you would presume nature and evolution would provide for us to survive like all other animals...but we lose our hair? Only for us to have manufacture our coverings to keep warm by killing and skinning and tanning other animal's hides??? Just weird...

Rince and repeat

Dug in

then up for air:
snow covered face

It's amazing that these animals can survive outdoors in this weather. They are the epitome of toughness. All wild animals. We are such wimps in comparison. We would die in a matter of hours.

All animals have evolved to the conditions of the environment....as example, Polar Bears, were once brown bears but some evolved in to having white fur when they moved north or some kind of ice age, and the food on land became short, so over time they developed webbed feet, where they evolved in to great swimmers, due to the oceans being abundant with fish for food....

and even today, most animals molt, and change their fur between seasons....thinner coats in the summer with a downy under layer and fur on top in the winter...

We allegedly had fur or were hairy at one time to keep warm, then we lose near all of our hair? We lose every thing that you would presume nature and evolution would provide for us to survive like all other animals...but we lose our hair? Only for us to have manufacture our coverings to keep warm by killing and skinning and tanning other animal's hides??? Just weird...

I think we must be aliens. Lol!

Rince and repeat

Dug in

then up for air:
snow covered face

It does seem like we were created...unlike other animals and you have to wonder why? The easy answer for me is... by God....
and for others, by genetic manipulation....perhaps alien?

but both of us recognize, it just does not make sense to be some natural way of evolving!!!

Rince and repeat

Dug in

then up for air:
snow covered face

It does seem like we were created...unlike other animals and you have to wonder why? The easy answer for me is... by God....

but both of us recognize, it just does not make sense to be some natural way of evolving!!!

We sure don't seem to really fit into the food chain anywhere, and our bodies are not very adaptable to a lot of climates, but that is the reason why we have the advantage of brain power over the other animals. I guess the reason why we really don't fit into the food chain is because there are too many of us now. But you are right, it just kind of seems like we don't really "fit in." Maybe there is actually something to that ancient aliens stuff afterall! :lol:

Imagine us, these horrible aliens who have invaded the earth and we hunt, kill and eat the native earth species of animals! Kind of like horror movies that we make about aliens invading the earth and doing things like that to us. Wow! Mind blown! :blowup:

Rince and repeat

Dug in

then up for air:
snow covered face

It would actually be the opposite.

If man originated in Africa as the science suggests, then we evolved from a primate into a hominid into the homo sapien in a very warm climate. It has only been the migration north that the skin color begins to lighten and the hair becomes more course and prevalent.

These gals are pretty stocky, but they are small for Deer up here...I would say they are two years old at most....

7dac7c4a-c9ad-4f09-b189-9bf6e384ffbd.png

They look like last spring's babies.
And their hair is puffed up because they're cold..it's not necessarily fat.

Rince and repeat

Dug in

then up for air:
snow covered face

I have no doubt we were created, but not in the sense that some bible purists think.

I think that a deity created us, but instead of the instant just add water creation, we were subtly manipulated away from the primates. After all, the universe has to have a structure and we are creations of that universe.

Enough of that though. A religious discussion is not something I'll have on this or any forum.

(not the closet) and acted as if they owned the place...with no worries at all...

They love me! :) I think they love me!!! (in my best Sally Fields voice!)

I was in the kitchen heating up a cup of coffee in the microwave cuz it had gotten cold....peaked out of the kitchen sink window and there, right in front of me at the edge of the woods where we placed a bird feeder and some chairs under a wild plum tree to watch the birds from, these two, pretty stocky deer come right to the bird feeder and started licking up the sunflower seeds that had fallen to the ground....

It was minus 11 this morning, so I know they are just happy to have made it through the night alive! Here in Maine, we lose a quarter, to a third of our deer herd in normal winters....but they reproduce like bunny rabbits in the Spring so all is ok with that, I suppose.... :(

c29e337c-70ec-45e7-8f60-6e4a26171fd8.png

I have 5 more pictures to post of them....they are not skinny yet....they will be, by Spring....

We had a little ''stare down'' thing going for a couple of minutes, but they finally figured out that I was a wussy, who's never held a gun! :D And decided to stay!

The only difference between deer and rats is they taste better.
How often do you eat rats?
Around here, they do hunt and eat Muskrats... I know they are in the rodent family, but I am not certain it is a rat per say, though to me, they look just like a rat....they eat them and are suppose to be really tasty... I kid you not! Many prefer Muskrat over Rabbit in a stew from what I hear.
You have some pretty fuckin' hardcore deer round your parts...

Forum List

Back