They Hate Us/Wanna Kill Us and We Make Them Rich

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CaughtInTheMid, Feb 28, 2012.

1. CaughtInTheMid

CaughtInTheMid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Does that make sense to anybody??

One would think that we would come together as a country and figure out a way, anyway, to pull the rug out from under the Middle Eastern countries that control so much of the world with one product (oil). I'm not even saying that a way can be found or that we'll see it in our lifetime, but, I am tired of seeing the countries that hate us and wanna kill us (or fund groups that wanna kill us) receive so much money from us to buy their product so they can command so much international power. We should be trying to develop energy out of everything short of belly button link to strip the power from the ME crazies. Are we really that dumb??? Do we really want to just wait around for some 2nd grader to come up with a revolutionary idea to strip the ME from it's strangle hold on the world?

And on top of all of that, we give country welfare money to many of these same countries. How ignorant is that?

2. Mr. H.

Mr. H. Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,413
    I'm not so sure we buy that much oil from M.E. countries any more.

3. BreezeWood

BreezeWood VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +475
    Ok, just keep pumping the oil ...

4. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394

Tonight I want to have an unpleasant talk with you about a problem unprecedented in our history. With the exception of preventing war, this is the greatest challenge our country will face during our lifetimes. The energy crisis has not yet overwhelmed us, but it will if we do not act quickly.

It is a problem we will not solve in the next few years, and it is likely to get progressively worse through the rest of this century.

We must not be selfish or timid if we hope to have a decent world for our children and grandchildren.

We simply must balance our demand for energy with our rapidly shrinking resources. By acting now, we can control our future instead of letting the future control us.

Two days from now, I will present my energy proposals to the Congress. Its members will be my partners and they have already given me a great deal of valuable advice. Many of these proposals will be unpopular. Some will cause you to put up with inconveniences and to make sacrifices.

The most important thing about these proposals is that the alternative may be a national catastrophe. Further delay can affect our strength and our power as a nation.

Proposed Energy Policy . Jimmy Carter . WGBH American Experience | PBS

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. grunt11b

grunt11b VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +501
    A perfect solution would be the keystone pipeline and also drilling our own oil here and fracking, but Obama says we can't do none of that, so...until we get a more "let's use our own shit" leader, we will be stuck handing money over to our enemies.

6. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,766
    Yup.

We should be drilling in ANWAR, off the Coast of Cali, Florida and in the Gulf. If we have our own oil then we can tell the ME to fuck off.

Hopefully they will all off themselves for their religioin.

7. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    [​IMG]

8. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.

Carter happend to be correct.

9. CaughtInTheMid

CaughtInTheMid Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +80
    i'm not talking about reducing the price of gas (and that oil you're speaking of would go on the open market unless you're talking about nationalizing the oil industry in the U.S.).

10. TakeAStepBack

TakeAStepBack Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,012
    We don't, as of yet, have a "shrinking" energy resource. What we have is a government that refuses to allow the tap of those resources we know about (and keep finding all the time). This keeps them in control. It keeps people looking to them to find the answer and the entire notion is absurd.

I'm all for renewable energy resources. But the govt. is not going to invent them for us to take the place of fossil fuels. that is going to happen in the private sector, as per usual. In the meantime, if the government would get out of the way and allow businesses to expand the supply to meet the demand without the need for imports from the nutters in the middle east, we would be much better off.

Carter was a flunky of a president.