They Hate President Bush

rayboyusmc

Jan 2, 2008
Florida
Guess Who? Not the Dems:

WASHINGTON - The chairman of the House Financial Services Committee declared Friday that an agreement on legislation to relieve a spreading financial crisis depends on House Republicans "dropping this revolt" against President Bush.

Rep. Barney Frank said leading Democrats on Capitol Hill were shocked by the level of divisiveness that surfaced at a White House meeting Thursday, not long after key congressional players of both parties declared they'd achieved the broad outlines of an agreement on a bill implementing the administration's proposed $700 billion bailout plan.

Frank said he did not think that Democrats were going to see a substantially different proposal from the plan the administration has been trying to sell to lawmakers and which had been the focal point of closed-door talks for days. He called the rival proposal being pushed by House conservative Republicans "an ambush plan."

Participants in a meeting late Thursday afternoon that Bush had at the White House with congressional leaders and presidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama said it descended into arguments. The disagreements were so deep-seated that some lawmakers wondered aloud just who — and how many — negotiators would show up for the resumption of talks later Friday morning at the Capitol.

"I didn't know I was going to be the referee for an internal GOP ideological civil war," Frank, D-Mass., said on CBS's "The Early Show."

Sen. Richard Shelby, an Alabama Republican who appeared on the same show, said many GOP lawmakers dislike the proposal that has been pushed on the administration's behalf principally by Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson.

"Basically, I believe the Paulson proposal is badly structured," Shelby said. "It does nothing basically for the stressed mortgage payer. It does a lot for three or four or five banks . ...

Frank blames House GOP for breakdown of deal - Yahoo! News

He Hates These Cans!

29332061_4dc8725189.jpg

so you arrived at your conclusion by "implication" or "assumption"? Cause I didn't read anywhere that "they hate president Bush." Disagree maybe but hate? I think that's a leftist forte, hate, implications, assumption..

Here is an example of Democratic leadership.

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic congressional leaders have said the package is President Bush's bill, and they do not want Democrats to be blamed if the program does not work."

'Major' GOP opposition to bailout plan remains - CNN.com

Democrats have been saying how bad the republicans have screwed up the economy and are to blame for the financial mess yet when an opportunity presents itself for them to show leadership, they balk. Is this just another example of leaderless politics where if something goes wrong then it could be said "this was not our idea."

The sad thing is that Pelosi is right and wrong. The right will say exactly that if this plan doesn't work. The problem is she is a chicken shit and should say that we will do whatever we need to fix this current problem and screw the republican trashing machine.

Can we say "implosion" in the republican party?:lol:

Actually the "hate" word is something I picked up from the right. Your side uses it all the time to describe anyone who disagrees with the Bush.

The sad thing is that Pelosi is right and wrong. The right will say exactly that if this plan doesn't work. The problem is she is a chicken shit and should say that we will do whatever we need to fix this current problem and screw the republican trashing machine.

Can we say "implosion" in the republican party?:lol:

Actually the "hate" word is something I picked up from the right. Your side uses it all the time to describe anyone who disagrees with the Bush.

sure you can say "implosion" that won't make it true just like most of the other stuff you say.

Here is an example of Democratic leadership.

"House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and other Democratic congressional leaders have said the package is President Bush's bill, and they do not want Democrats to be blamed if the program does not work."

'Major' GOP opposition to bailout plan remains - CNN.com

Democrats have been saying how bad the republicans have screwed up the economy and are to blame for the financial mess yet when an opportunity presents itself for them to show leadership, they balk. Is this just another example of leaderless politics where if something goes wrong then it could be said "this was not our idea."

And? Dems would be idiots for allowing the right to run against them for cleaning up the mess left by their beloved deregulation.

Just ask McCain...

McCain, the Republican presidential nominee, has long supported fewer regulations for businesses. But as the financial crisis on Wall Street worsens, McCain is calling for more government. Obama said McCain is late in calling for better oversight after years of supporting fewer regulations.

*snip*

"I think the deregulation was probably helpful to the growth of our economy."

In the same interview, McCain defended the Bush administration's proposed bailout of financial firms as necessary, though he acknowledged it could get expensive

NewsChannel 5.com - Nashville, Tennessee - McCain Defends, Obama Blames Deregulation

And now we're supposed to a) believe that McCain is doing anything to help by backing off of what he knew had to happen; and b) whining idiots are feigning outrage that the dems wouldn't want to take the hit for their screw ups.

so you arrived at your conclusion by "implication" or "assumption"? Cause I didn't read anywhere that "they hate president Bush." Disagree maybe but hate? I think that's a leftist forte, hate, implications, assumption..

You gonna let Bush sucker us out of $700 billion before he leaves office after he lied us into Iraq?

Bush talking about Saddam 2003:

America must not ignore the threat gathering against us. Facing clear evidence of peril, we cannot wait for the final proof -- the smoking gun -- that could come in the form of a mushroom cloud. There is no easy or risk-free course of action. Some have argued we should wait -- and that's an option. In my view, it's the riskiest of all options, because the longer we wait, the stronger and bolder Saddam Hussein will become. We could wait and hope that Saddam does not give weapons to terrorists, or develop a nuclear weapon to blackmail the world. But I'm convinced that is a hope against all evidence. Some worry that a change of leadership in Iraq could create instability and make the situation worse. The situation could hardly get worse, for world security and for the people of Iraq. The lives of Iraqi citizens would improve dramatically if Saddam Hussein were no longer in power, just as the lives of Afghanistan's citizens improved after the Taliban.

Later this week, the United States Congress will vote on this matter. I have asked Congress to authorize the use of America's military, if it proves necessary, to enforce U.N. Security Council demands. Approving this resolution does not mean that military action is imminent or unavoidable.

Now Bush today talking about the $700 billion bailout:

WASHINGTON -- President Bush said Wednesday that lawmakers risk a cascade of wiped-out retirement savings, rising home foreclosures, lost jobs and closed businesses if they fail to act on a massive financial rescue plan. "Our entire economy is in danger," he said.

"Without immediate action by Congress, American could slip into a financial panic and a distressing scenario would unfold," Bush said in a 12-minute prime-time address delivered from the White House East Room that he hoped would help rescue his tough-sell bailout package. "Ultimately, our country could experience a long and painful recession."

GOTTA SIGN IT NOW!!! We can't give them $100 billion now and the rest after the election? It has to be all of it now? Or else!

Forum List

Back