There You Go Again: Orwell Comes to America - The Science of Manipulation

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
http://www.linktv.org/programs/orwell_deceiving

A long video, but current almost to the day. From November I believe. It breaks down how political speech and the media go together to create propaganda.

Frank Luntz is involved, and he describes how politicians manipulate people.

Quite an eye-opener, and something I think everyone should see.

Anyone watch this? Find it interesting?

It's really intriguing, actually. People really ought to hear what these experts have to say about political speech and the way it dictates the perception of voters.

It's pretty non-partisan, besides the mostly Liberal crowd in attendence, but that doesn't really play a part anyway. Frank Luntz breaks it down pretty good. He breaks down Hillary and Obama, and how the way they say things affects voter's perception of them.

Voters shouldn't miss this.

And of course Ron Paul doesn't do any of this?

Well RGS, I wouldn't know, since these tactics according to the experts are subconscious, and the only examples they give are of Obama, Hillary, and Edwards, that I saw.

I'll accept the title of racist the day you accept the necessity of evidence in proving your limited post-stroke comprehension of what I say.

:rofl:

Hey, RGS.. what is THIS a picture of?

createlink.gif

Soooooo, ANYWAY...

Did anyone watch the video?

Ya know, being a moderator I would think you would refrain from derailing threads for personal attacks on other members. But I guess that just doesn't apply to you now does it?

Go complain to Gunny and tell him that you'd prefere someone who lays the smack down daily and bans anyone whose opinion differs from their.

This is kind of a sad way of crying uncle, isnt it?

Soooooo, ANYWAY...

Did anyone watch the video?

No, I already understand how it works. In fact it is part and parcel of any politician or any group or point of view.

Thanks for posting it though, others may actually watch it and learn a few things.

Propaganda is not in and of it self evil.

You'll notice I still use 'liberal,' that is done partly to counter this misuse of language. I saw a great deal of those panels on cspan's book TV. I even taped the endings of a few as I didn't have the time - still don't. They were excellent. I do disagree that clear language cannot help so long as it clearly tells the truth, but that is the hard part. I also disagree that you cannot see through the rhetoric or propaganda. FDR was great and his message essential for that time, but along with that he had values that supported Americans. Reagan was excellent too but Reagan's values were corporate big money, anti worker, much of the time he was lost in his own fantasies. Without his clue cards he was lost. Carter is an example of a more honest speaker who along with being too straightforward had some bad luck. Reality sometime bites. I loved the comment on how Clinton managed to use language. I think if you listen carefully to the rhetoric, its stresses, its focus, you can see through it but it still has great power for those who believe. I bought the book too, lol.

Forum List

Back