There will be no infrastructure bill

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Listening to this clown democrap on Fox News...his idea is MORE GOVERNMENT! Yes place ALL the weight on the governments shoulder to fix the roads instead of at least getting private companies involved to help rebuild infrastructure oh AND he wants to raise taxes by doing away with the tax cuts to fund it LOL....right after he got done WHINING about the budget passed earlier this year he wants to RAISE taxes to fund a 1 TRILLION dollar infrastructure bill but if we use private sector its 200 million according to President Trump's plan.

Listening to this clown democrap on Fox News...his idea is MORE GOVERNMENT! Yes place ALL the weight on the governments shoulder to fix the roads instead of at least getting private companies involved to help rebuild infrastructure oh AND he wants to raise taxes by doing away with the tax cuts to fund it LOL....right after he got done WHINING about the budget passed earlier this year he wants to RAISE taxes to fund a 1 TRILLION dollar infrastructure bill but if we use private sector its 200 million according to President Trump's plan.
Odium, I didn't know the US Government had a Road Crew Division? I always though they hired private contractors to build roads and bridges. Who knew! There once was an Army Corps of Engineers and CBs, but I thought they were cashiered out in favor of private contractors years ago, about the time we hired private armies like Blackwater to do our bodyguarding and potato peeling KP.

Wasn't happening anyway.

You want toll roads? The private sector won't do anything without a profit, and how can they make money without charging to drive on their road?

(1) Federal gasoline tax is long overdue for an increase, and provides all that would be needed to update our infrastructure.

(2) We absolutely don't need any MORE infrastructure, except in a few very unusual places where substantial population migration justifies it. What is needed is refurb and replacement of existing infrastructure.

(3) Infrastructure is a financial "Black Hole." Every state, county, town, and other political subdivision has a wishlist in place right now that would choke a million horses. Prioritization is everything, and it should be apolitical, as much as possible.

(4) The horrific Davis Bacon Act adds a wasted 20% to every government-sponsored construction project in the Land. Based on Depression-era racism it benefits only the few percent of the population who are members of construction unions, and costs EVERYONE billions and billions. No politician has the balls to right this wrong. If the Congressional Black Caucus had any balls, they would spearhead the campaign to repeal Davis Bacon.

Odium, I didn't know the US Government had a Road Crew Division? I always though they hired private contractors to build roads and bridges. Who knew! There once was an Army Corps of Engineers and CBs, but I thought they were cashiered out in favor of private contractors years ago, about the time we hired private armies like Blackwater to do our bodyguarding and potato peeling KP.
AFAIK, most states use state employees for road work.

One of the reasons that it has taken 5 years to lay a few miles of road right down the street here. The process is grossly inefficient.

AFAIK, most states use state employees for road work.

One of the reasons that it has taken 5 years to lay a few miles of road right down the street here. The process is grossly inefficient.

No they don't.

Forum List

Back