There was only ONE instance when the US paid "ransom" to Iran...

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
.....and it is NOT on Obama's watch.....

The money received by Iran is NOT US or European or anyone else's money...It is IRANIAN money frozen in various banks.

The ONLY instance that we paid ransom for hostages occurred under Reagan's watch.....Check out the Iran-Contra affair, Ollie North's involvement, and Reagan's "I can't recall" statement during the investigation of the fraudulent affair..

The money received by Iran is NOT US or European or anyone else's money...It is IRANIAN money frozen in various banks.

The ONLY instance that we paid ransom for hostages occurred under Reagan's watch.....Check out the Iran-Contra affair, Ollie North's involvement, and Reagan's "I can't recall" statement during the investigation of the fraudulent affair..

As i have written a few times the Iran\Contra affair was George H.W. Bush and Reagan not recalling is possible seeing he was already suffering from early effects of Alzheimer's.

Also the Iran\Contra scandal was a CIA operation and seeing George H.W. Bush was the former Director of the CIA mean he had more knowledge of what was going on.

Signs of dementia are revealed in Ronald Reagan's speech patterns

I don't have to check it out.

I remember it. I watched the hearings. I followed the scandal.

It's the reason why the republicans lost control of the Senate in 1986.

What reagan did was treason. He was a traitor to our nation and our people. Not only that he put all Americans who traveled in that region at that time in jeopardy of being taken as hostages. And many more were taken throughout his presidency.

reagan taught the terrorists in Iran and the middle east that it does in fact pay to take our citizens as hostages but only if our president is a republican.

13912518_518773708309460_6615600190505473862_n.png

where did the money come from that we had to hold it?

It came from the sale of oil. It was their own money which they earned legally, by the same of their own oil. The US held this money hostage for more than 30 years. The money was returned when Iran agreed not to build nuclear weapons. It's their own money.

It was actually part of a 3 billion dollar award that the international court awarded to American victims of Iranian terrorism.

Sorry this was a ransom....Atleast republicans were honest about it
...you guys just love to lie.

If Republicans didn't lie, they'd having nothing to say. This is a lie, but I realize it hasn't stopped you before. I just like to point our your lies, which really is every time you post, but since I don't have the time or just can't be bothered dogging your posts, I'll occasionly take the time to point it out.

Isn't it time to change your username again?

If Republicans didn't lie, they'd having nothing to say. This is a lie, but I realize it hasn't stopped you before. I just like to point our your lies, which really is every time you post, but since I don't have the time or just can't be bothered dogging your posts, I'll occasionly take the time to point it out.

Isn't it time to change your username again?

You could prove I've ever changed my username....I'll wait......dumbass. Oh and where I have lied....ball is in your court ya miserable lying hag

It came from the sale of oil. It was their own money which they earned legally, by the same of their own oil. The US held this money hostage for more than 30 years. The money was returned when Iran agreed not to build nuclear weapons. It's their own money.
sure it did. Link

sure it did. Link

Funny Obama claimed it was from an arms deal 30 years ago. This retard doesn't even know the talking points Obungles handed out

sure it did. Link

Funny Obama claimed it was from an arms deal 30 years ago. This retard doesn't even know the talking points Obungles handed out
well if it was an arms deal, then it was our money. Unless of course we bought their manufactured rifles. We do that? I thought US weapons were made in the US, or does Iran own the manufacturers?

Yoo hoo Dragonlady? You made some accusations and need to prove them....what's the matter? Stuck? LMAO

Obama just paid a $400 million dollar ransom, is it really any surprise he bowed to Iran like a punk?

The funniest RWnuts are the ones who are oblivious to the topic at hand.
so when are you going to prove where the money came from? If you go by what Obama said, arms sales. Let's see your link. Educate us on how great you are.

Report: Obama administration shipped $400 million to Iran

"The money - which consisted mainly of Euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currencies - was airlifted to Iran in an unmarked cargo plane in January."

"The payment was part of a settlement over an arms deal from 1979, shortly before Iran went through a regime change."

And if the money was Euros, Swiss francs and other foreign currencies, how did Obama get it?

sure it did. Link

You're an idiot. That's not what KERRY said at all.

Obama on Iran payment: 'We do not pay ransom' - CNNPolitics.com

. . . part of a $1.7 billion agreement to settle a decades-old arms deal dispute . . .

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/w...to-iran-was-not-a-ransom-obama-says.html?_r=0

Forum List

Back