There Should be a Wealth Cap

...everyone in this wealthy land should be able to live at a base line standard.

And they do.

The fact our poor are considered rich around the world...in the 84th percentile of worldwide wealth...isn't good enough for you? And the fact our "poor" possess items considered luxuries less than a generation ago...that isn't good enough for you either?

Just what do you consider a reasonable "base line standard" for everyone in America? 90th percentile of wealth? 95th?

Which world?

I've never seen the sort of poverty in Europe I see here.

I do see it in places like Thailand and Haiti.

That would be earth...:eusa_shifty:

Are you saying those statistics are not correct? America's poor are in 84th percentile of world wealth. That's a fact. That you, ONE INDIVIDUAL, hasn't experienced poverty in every country of the world does not change that fact. So I ask again, exactly what should be the base line standard of which you speak? Exactly how much higher up the ladder of wealth should America's poor be? Identify the percentile please that you would find acceptable.

And they do.

The fact our poor are considered rich around the world...in the 84th percentile of worldwide wealth...isn't good enough for you? And the fact our "poor" possess items considered luxuries less than a generation ago...that isn't good enough for you either?

Just what do you consider a reasonable "base line standard" for everyone in America? 90th percentile of wealth? 95th?

Which world?

Are you saying those statistics are not correct? America's poor are in 84th percentile of world wealth. That's a fact. That you, ONE INDIVIDUAL, hasn't experienced poverty in every country of the world does not change that fact. So I ask again, exactly what should be the base line standard of which you speak? Exactly how much higher up the ladder of wealth should America's poor be? Identify the percentile please that you would find acceptable.

He thinks food, shelter, education, healthcare...are all rights and should be provided free to all in America.

Which world?

He thinks food, shelter, education, healthcare...are all rights and should be provided free to all in America.

Well hell, throw in toilet paper and you have the basis for the communist model. Worked beautifully for the Soviets...:doubt:

Perhaps 3 Million in assets..................

The rest should be confiscated by progressive bureaucrats to redistribute to those deemed worthy. Too be "fair"..........

What there should be is a Maximum wage.

You can accumulate as much wealth as you want..but everyone in this wealthy land should be able to live at a base line standard.

And if business leaders are so greedy..they can't see that..perhaps it needs to be a law.

Nah.. I'll stick to freedom over your draconian progressive ways

The rest should be confiscated by progressive bureaucrats to redistribute to those deemed worthy. Too be "fair"..........

You can accumulate as much wealth as you want..but everyone in this wealthy land should be able to live at a base line standard.

And if business leaders are so greedy..they can't see that..perhaps it needs to be a law.
You cried when the Berlin Wall fell, didn't you?

3 million is WAY to much. The average US household income is in the range of 50,000. So the cap should be 50,000. Anyone making above that gets their income redistributed to people making below it. Everyone will be equal at 50,000.

3 million is WAY to much. The average US household income is in the range of 50,000. So the cap should be 50,000. Anyone making above that gets their income redistributed to people making below it. Everyone will be equal at 50,000.

Grades too! Nobody should get an "A" when there are students failing out there. A "C" for everyone!!!

Maximum wage? Yeah, that'll boost jobs! Sorry folks...I WAS going to expand my business and hire some of you out of work people but I've reached my "maximum wage" so I'm going to take a few weeks off and hit the beach instead. (eye-roll)

And of course, those who are worthy will just happen to the bureaucrats, their friends, and family.

What's the old line from "Animal Farm"? Some are more equal than others?

Has anyone told you what a complete **s you are?

donkey039;s-ass-thumb1307388.jpg

Everyone should work for the government at the same rate. No matter what you're doing. All business should be nationalized and run directly by bureaucrats. It's the "fair" thing to do. it will also eliminate pesky competition and allow for maximum govt. revenues. This should go toward those in poverty.

The former Soviet Union and its satellite slave countries were such places. Because everyone was considered the same, (except, of course, Communist Party leaders), everyone lived in the same semi-poverty. Without competition pilfering and stealing was rampant, and it became such a habit that it still persists 20 years after the people still pilfer and steal. And they still think it's fair. The government's revenue was mostly allocated to the party bosses, the only people who did not live in poverty.

I don't know about 3 million but what about 300 milliion, 3 billion 300 billion? I'm always amazed that people with billions continue to try and earn more billions? Why? Perhaps that's where the greed kicks in, people want money not because it's needed for life but it is their life. Bill Gates, despite his billions, I don't believe is greedy perhaps, he had little choice, the money just rolled in, but others with billions spend their lives trying to make more.
On the other side of the coin there are the ones that just want to have a job, pay their taxes, raise a family and seem to be just as happy. The problem may be that one is good for America and one not so good.

I don't know about 3 million but what about 300 milliion, 3 billion 300 billion? I'm always amazed that people with billions continue to try and earn more billions? Why? Perhaps that's where the greed kicks in, people want money not because it's needed for life but it is their life. Bill Gates, despite his billions, I don't believe is greedy perhaps, he had little choice, the money just rolled in, but others with billions spend their lives trying to make more.

Maybe he likes his job. Actually prefers to work? Shocking, I know.

On the other side of the coin there are the ones that just want to have a job, pay their taxes, raise a family and seem to be just as happy. The problem may be that one is good for America and one not so good.

Tell us, why is it "not so good" for some people to become rich. Do you think that leaves less for everyone else? Is wealth finite to you, a pile of cash from which we all must draw?

So those people that DO strive to build great companies...companies that hire tens of thousands of those that just want to have a job, pay their taxes and raise a family...are not good for America? Gotta be honest with you, Regent...I don't know where you're coming from with this whole idea that people who are driven to be successful are a drain on society. It's actually the other way around. Our problem in America is that there aren't enough of those people anymore not too many.

So those people that DO strive to build great companies...companies that hire tens of thousands of those that just want to have a job, pay their taxes and raise a family...are not good for America? Gotta be honest with you, Regent...I don't know where you're coming from with this whole idea that people who are driven to be successful are a drain on society. It's actually the other way around. Our problem in America is that there aren't enough of those people anymore not too many.

America's super wealthy are strange creatures, they are almost like small nation states unto themselves, practically untouchable by law, they spend most of their time out of the country on various chores related to the maintenance of their wealth hoard and are not that loyal to their country economically or politically. Still wonder why some feel we should run the country for their benefit. It is not even fair to compare them to the entrepreneurs who open businesses here as they must beg the super wealthy for capital investment who do not see any difference between investing in a plant in Ohio or China. These are not people to admire for anything other than they are too rich to pressure into doing the right thing for their country.

Forum List

Back