There is no systemic racism in America

Blacks aren't pulled over just for being black.
Actually they do. Take off your blinders kid.
OK, old man. Keep believing the News Entertainment media. I am very good friends with several black people. Has never happened to them. They have been pulled over for infractions but never for just being black. They laugh at gullible people like you.

You are a snowflake
You’re an asshole but no one holds it against you.
You can’t help it. Its part of your DNA.
Anyone who claims there is no racism in this country is a total moron.

I was going to say that about anyone who deliberately tries to confuse "racism" with "systemic racism".

The “legal” criterion set forth in the OP already shows the writer doesn’t really want to have a serious discussion about this question. There is de facto as opposed to de jure racial discrimination, which has real impact — just as there has historically been tremendous hatred, fear and fury in human hearts not wiped away by ending slavery or passing civil rights laws.

Whether all the racism African-Americans experience should be called “systemic” is a separate question. The word is, in my opinion, somewhat too abstract to be really useful. Like most political words, it has become empty of much meaning, a buzzword. But the race problem and racism remain huge problems in our society.

Is there legal “systemic corruption” in our political system? — Of course there is!

Is there “systemic privilege” and opportunities legally granted to the wealthy and denied to the poor? — Of course there is!

I don’t know that there is any agreement on what “systemic racism” means or ought to mean. I would myself prefer to talk about the systemic lack of “equal opportunity” stemming from “systemic historical repression.” Call it what you will. We still have big racial, class and economic problems.

Even as there are far more opportunities today for those relatively few African Americans who have “made it.”

Last edited:
The most recent example of systemic racism is in effect today. Minority men and women are not getting equal opportunities to receive the vaccines in a large number of states.

Thread Theme: "There is no systemic racism in America"

Post #23 sure shut down the truth that systemic racism continues to exist in America.

Post #3 "BULLSHIT" defines exactly what the author of this thread posted.

The “legal” criterion set forth in the OP already shows the writer doesn’t really want to have a serious discussion about this question. There is de facto as opposed to de jure racial discrimination, which has real impact — just as there has historically been tremendous hatred, fear and fury in human hearts not wiped away by ending slavery or passing civil rights laws.

Whether all the racism African-Americans experience should be called “systemic” is a separate question. The word is, in my opinion, somewhat too abstract to be really useful. Like most political words, it has become empty of much meaning, a buzzword. But the race problem and racism remain huge problems in our society.

Is there legal “systemic corruption” in our political system? — Of course there is!

Is there “systemic privilege” and opportunities legally granted to the wealthy and denied to the poor? — Of course there is!

I don’t know that there is any agreement on what “systemic racism” means or ought to mean. I would myself prefer to talk about the systemic lack of “equal opportunity” stemming from “systemic historical repression.” Call it what you will. We still have big racial, class and economic problems.

Even as there are far more opportunities today for those relatively few African Americans who have “made it.”
Again, what can I do legally that an African American person may not do in America? Please answer this question for me.

Thread Theme: "There is no systemic racism in America"

Post #23 sure shut down the truth that systemic racism continues to exist in America.

Post #3 "BULLSHIT" defines exactly what the author of this thread posted.
You may bold and increase your font size like a petulant child but you have yet to answer my question that I posed in the OP.

Forum List

Back