"There is no such thing as Palestine in history, absolutely not".

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
Guess who said this:

- Professor Philip Hitti, Arab historian, 1946 -

Hitti was educated at an American Presbyterian mission school at Suq al-Gharb and then at the American University of Beirut. After graduating in 1908 he taught at the American University of Beirut before moving to Columbia University where he earned his PhD in 1915 and taught Semitic languages. After World War I he returned to AUB and taught there until 1926. In February 1926 he was offered a Chair at Princeton University which he held until he retired in 1954. He was both Professor of Semitic Literature and Chairman of the Department of Oriental Languages. After formal retirement he accepted a position at Harvard University. He also taught in the summer schools at the University of Utah and George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He subsequently held a research position at the University of Minnesota. Philip Hitti almost single-handedly created the discipline of Arabic Studies in the United States.

Last edited:
Guess who said this:

Hitti was educated at an American Presbyterian mission school at Suq al-Gharb and then at the American University of Beirut. After graduating in 1908 he taught at the American University of Beirut before moving to Columbia University where he earned his PhD in 1915 and taught Semitic languages. After World War I he returned to AUB and taught there until 1926. In February 1926 he was offered a Chair at Princeton University which he held until he retired in 1954. He was both Professor of Semitic Literature and Chairman of the Department of Oriental Languages. After formal retirement he accepted a position at Harvard University. He also taught in the summer schools at the University of Utah and George Washington University in Washington, D.C. He subsequently held a research position at the University of Minnesota. Philip Hitti almost single-handedly created the discipline of Arabic Studies in the United States.
Indeed. Cue our honorable P F Tinmore and his palistanian "international borders".

If you believe this nonsense, and there is no Palestine or Palestinians, is the area occupied actually Israel, and are the people living in the area Israeli? If so, why are the non-Jews ruled by Israel not given equal rights?

If you believe this nonsense, and there is no Palestine or Palestinians, is the area occupied actually Israel, and are the people living in the area Israeli? If so, why are the non-Jews ruled by Israel not given equal rights?

Everyone is given equal rights in Israel proper

All they need do is see their elected leaders and ask them why they cant have the same legal rights as the Jews in Israel. Or is that concept too hard for your ISLANONAZI brain

Not true. Israel expelled enough people that the remaining Arabs would not shift the politics of Israel too much if they were given Israeli citizenship. Within a couple of decades we will see the response when the demographics shift and Palestinians become a majority within Israel.

And as Ali Abunimah pointed out, Israeli citizenship does NOT confer civil rights. Arabs do not have minimal civil rights in Israel.

Not true. Israel expelled enough people that the remaining Arabs would not shift the politics of Israel too much if they were given Israeli citizenship. Within a couple of decades we will see the response when the demographics shift and Palestinians become a majority within Israel. And as Ali Abunimah pointed out, Israeli citizenship does NOT confer civil rights. Arabs do not have minimal civil rights in Israel.
Drivel.

..............Within a couple of decades we will see the response when the demographics shift and Palestinians become a majority within Israel............

Incorrect, tow-rag.

Future Projections[edit]
In June 2013, the Central Bureau of Statistics released a demographic report, projecting that Israel's population would grow to 11.4 million by 2035, with the Jewish population numbering 8.3 million, or 73% of the population, and the Arab population at 2.6 million, or 23%. This includes some 2.3 million Muslims (20% of the population), 185,000 Druze, and 152,000 Christians. The report predicts that the Israeli population growth rate will decline to 1.4% annually, with growth in the Muslim population remaining higher than the Jewish population until 2035, at which point the Jewish population will begin growing the fastest.[56]

Not true. Israel expelled enough people that the remaining Arabs would not shift the politics of Israel too much if they were given Israeli citizenship. Within a couple of decades we will see the response when the demographics shift and Palestinians become a majority within Israel.

And as Ali Abunimah pointed out, Israeli citizenship does NOT confer civil rights. Arabs do not have minimal civil rights in Israel.
Wow, another post filled with bop hatred, lies and fantasies from Amity. How unusual.

Hitti is a pan-Arabist.

He AND YOU are up against an overwhelming tide of historical identification and self-identification as Palestinian.

Here is one quote on page 94 of Rashid Khalidi's The Iron Cage from a newspaper called Filastin (Palestine) published in Jaffa beginning in 1911, a half-century before the date you gave for the "invention" of Palestine in 1960.

"We are a nation threatened with disappearance in the face of the Zionist tide in this Palestinian land." editor of periodical Filastin, 'Isa al-'Isa, 1914
This following is from 'Isa al-'Isa's autobiography concerning an encounter with the leadership of the Arab Revolt during World War 1, quoted on page 97 of The Iron Cage.
"I grew nervous and angry and told myself "they are compromising over Palestine, which the Zionists will cut off from the body of the Arab lands." Amin 'Abd al-Hadi was the Secretary of the Military Governor ... I called him and asked him to come immediately ... and told him: "I am a Palestinian and you are a Palestinian, and Palestine is dear to us. I serve this Arab government in order to work to save Palestine, and I think you feel the same way."

And all that before WW1 was even well underway. al-'Isa was a prophet it seems.

I've got dozens upon dozens of these quotes. Shall I go on?

You can read both The Iron Cage and Khalidi's Palestinian Identity: The Construction of Modern National Consciousness for a more truthful account of Palestinian nationalism than any you have seen so far.

The problem with Hitti's thought is that very few agreed with him.

Last edited:
Incorrect, tow-rag.

Future Projections[edit]
In June 2013, the Central Bureau of Statistics released a demographic report, projecting that Israel's population would grow to 11.4 million by 2035, with the Jewish population numbering 8.3 million, or 73% of the population, and the Arab population at 2.6 million, or 23%. This includes some 2.3 million Muslims (20% of the population), 185,000 Druze, and 152,000 Christians. The report predicts that the Israeli population growth rate will decline to 1.4% annually, with growth in the Muslim population remaining higher than the Jewish population until 2035, at which point the Jewish population will begin growing the fastest.[56]

Lying with statistics? Your report is more reassuring to Z's, of course, but for right now the Palestinian birthrate in Israel FAR outstrips the Israeli, and that is all we know for sure. If things don't change radically Israel will have an Arab majority again within a generation:

Arab citizens of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nakba #2 will be more difficult than Nakba #1, guaranteed.

Hitti is a pan-Arabist.

He AND YOU are up against an overwhelming tide of historical identification and self-identification as Palestinian.

Here is one quote on page 94 of Rashid Khalidi's The Iron Cage from a newspaper called Filastin (Palestine) published in Jaffa beginning in 1911, a half-century before the date you gave for the "invention" of Palestine in 1960.

"We are a nation threatened with disappearance in the face of the Zionist tide in this Palestinian land." editor of periodical Filastin, 'Isa al-'Isa, 1914
This following is from 'Isa al-'Isa's autobiography concerning an encounter with the leadership of the Arab Revolt during World War 1, quoted on page 97 of The Iron Cage.
"I grew nervous and angry and told myself "they are compromising over Palestine, which the Zionists will cut off from the body of the Arab lands." Amin 'Abd al-Hadi was the Secretary of the Military Governor ... I called him and asked him to come immediately ... and told him: "I am a Palestinian and you are a Palestinian, and Palestine is dear to us. I serve this Arab government in order to work to save Palestine, and I think you feel the same way."

You can read both The Iron Cage and Khalidi's Palestinian Identity: The Construction of Modern National Consciousness for a more truthful account of Palestinian nationalism than any you have seen so far.

Which means he's anti Zionist which means he has no reason to say "there is no such thing as a Palestinian people" if it weren't actually true. See how easily you just put your foot in your mouth?

But of course he's not the only Arab leader or historian who denied the existence of a Palestinian people, because THE TWO WERE ASSOCIATED WITH BEING JEWISH OR A ZIONIST!

Check mate. Ha ha ha.

Hitti is a pan-Arabist.

If he knew how you were going to use his words to lie to people, he wouldn't have said it. The Palestinian people shouldn't be saddled with one Philip Hitti quote taken inappropriately out of context by a lying Z.

You like Hitti because he was anti Zionist but you hate him because he told the truth about there being no Palestinian "people". Sounds like you have a dilemma here. LOL

No, I don't like him particularly. He's very old school pan-Arabist. I think that was the first Arab history book I read. There are many better anti-Zionists to read.

What did you think of my WW1 era Palestinian quotes. I don't know where you Z's get that "no such people as Palestinians" stuff. It takes a rare sort of denial.

Quote:

Quote:

Last edited:
Aenmity----you got nothing-----the land was called PALESTINE by a convention created by
roman invaders------for 1800 years. Jews called it "PALESTINE" for that same period of
time just as jews called the UNITED STATES ---the UNITED STATES since 1776 For about
1800 years---the ONLY people who were called Palestinians were jews living in Palestine-----arab
muslims decided to call themselves "Palestinians" in the 1960s

Guess who said this:

So what? Until the 1990s there were no Belarus or Slovenia, either. Are you saying they don't deserve a homeland?

No, I don't like him particularly. He's very old school pan-Arabist. I think that was the first Arab history book I read. There are many better anti-Zionists to read.

What did you think of my WW1 era Palestinian quotes. I don't know where you Z's get that "no such people as Palestinians" stuff. It takes a rare sort of denial.

Quote:

Quote:

you have dozens and dozens of more what? more crap in which arab muslims DECLARE
that THE ENTIRE MIDDLE EAST IS MUSLIM LAND? -----what else is new?-------that is old stuff---

btw---the entire indian subcontinent is also MUSLIM LAND -------and your other leader---ADDOLF---
claimed all of Europe and had an eye toward North America

be happy---there is going to be yet another "caliphate" floating on the blood of millions---
what else is new. As long as there are Nazis in the world, there will be blood
upon which your perversities can float

Incorrect, tow-rag.

Future Projections[edit]

Lying with statistics? Your report is more reassuring to Z's, of course, but for right now the Palestinian birthrate in Israel FAR outstrips the Israeli, and that is all we know for sure. If things don't change radically Israel will have an Arab majority again within a generation:

Arab citizens of Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Nakba #2 will be more difficult than Nakba #1, guaranteed.

Seems you don't like the truth do you. :eusa_boohoo: :badgrin:

Forum List

Back