There He Goes Again!!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Freedom Lover, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Freedom Lover

Freedom Lover Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Did anyone catch Kerry's contradiction of himself in the debate friday night? Not from what he said sometime in the past, but within the debate itself. The transcripts of the debate show that early in the debate he said Saddam was a threat and later in the debate he said Saddam was not a threat. This is not merely a flip-flop, but goes beyond that to demonstrate that Kerry and the democrats are willing to say anything, do anything, and take any position in order to gain power, even to go so far as to say what he did in the last debate about the threat of Saddam. Is it any wonder I believe Kerry, Edwards and the dems are dangerous for America because of their general philosophy of government?

2. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm betting you've got your facts wrong, Kerry probably said that he thought Saddam was a threat in 2002 and then said that we now know that Saddam really wasn't a threat.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    Can you quote the lines from the debate? shouldnt be that hard. just to let you know we like to have evidence to back things up alot of the time here.

4. Freedom Lover

Freedom Lover Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Sorry guys you lose. Here is what he said direct from the debate transcript. Look it up for yourselves if you want.

KERRY: Well, let me tell you straight up: I've never changed my mind about Iraq. I do believe Saddam Hussein was a threat. I always believed he was a threat. Believed it in 1998 when Clinton was president. I wanted to give Clinton the power to use force if necessary.

KERRY: I don't think you can just rely on U.N. sanctions, Randee. But you're absolutely correct, it is a threat, it's a huge threat.

And what's interesting is, it's a threat that has grown while the president has been preoccupied with Iraq, where there wasn't a threat.

Pay special attention to the last five words.

This time Kerry could not even wait until the next day to contradict himself. He did it within a matter of minutes in one debate.

5. Flying Duck

Flying Duck Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Clinton was a much better nuancer. He would've used three different synonyms for the word threat so you couldn't call him on his playing all sides of an issue.

6. InfitiasFatalis

InfitiasFatalis Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yes you often use facts but you must admit you also like to spin them to better support your side of an argument. lucky for u kerry did condratict himself in this part of the debate. However the treat sadam posed to US and the threat posed to the entire world by Iran are not very similar in the danger factor catagory in mose moderate peoples minds and no amout of right wing or left wing spining and interpretation will change our minds on that.

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Need a link bro. :D I saw the speech and i know he spoke the words but link it up so we can all see. Links are your credibility. Alot of people claim things on these boards, but without evidence, they dont have credibility.

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9

Ummm do you want him to say he was a threat??? o.k he was a threat. Errr do you want him to say he was not a threat??? o.k. he was not a threat..... See how that works???;-) :wtf: :D Vote fer me please I've groomed for dis job since I were a lil turd.... :puke:

9. MadMax

MadMax Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9

Of course he is not " now " a threat, he is in custody, duh!! :)

10. Freedom Lover

Freedom Lover Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You wanted a link? Here it is.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/debatereferee/debate_1008.html.

I thought perhaps I had supplied you with the coloring book. Now here are the crayons.

There is no spin when you hear with your ears and read with your own eyes the words of a candidate who can't make up his mind which side of an issue he is on and can stick with it. That my friend is NOT leadership!