Them versus Us

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
First, them:

"Economist Paul Krugman predicts a 'global recession with no end in sight' if Trump wins
Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman predicts a "global recession with no end in sight" if Donald Trump is elected president:"
Economist Paul Krugman predicts a 'global recession with no end in sight' if Trump wins

Steven Rattner: If ‘Trump Wins You Will See a Market Crash of Historic Proportions’
Steven Rattner: If ‘Trump Wins You Will See a Market Crash of Historic Proportions’

"If Trump thinks he can get more than 3% economic growth, he's dreaming
Over the past decade, the economy has grown at an average of about 2% a year. The Congressional Budget Office forecasts an annual average of about 1.9% well into the next decade.

The U.S. hasn't had sustained real annual growth (that is, over inflation) of better than 3% since the 1990s, with a brief spurt in 2004 and 2005. Making up the difference from 2% to more than 3% looks like a pipe dream."
If Trump thinks he can get more than 3% economic growth, he's dreaming

We, Americans, voted for policies, not persons.....with this result:

"US employers added robust 224,000 jobs in June, with unemployment rate rising slightly to 3.7%"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.146442b056d8

D-tkTHKXsAAEpnf.jpg

CNBC Now (@CNBCnow) | Twitter

Krugman is an asshat.

Last month's anemic jobs report came out and the loons were gleefully predicting the economy was crashing. Wrong again...

There are two disturbing things on the horizon:

(1) The Trump surge in the markets is bound to level off, and it will probably take place during the first 6 months of 2020. Those of us who follow such things noted that the market surge began THE MOMENT TRUMP WAS ELECTED, because investors realized that, to quote the olde Democrat theme song, "Happy days are here again," with a newly elected President who would not be openly hostile to the accumulation of wealth. And as a result of the short term drop in the markets,

(2) The Democrat candidates will use that phenomenon to create the illusion of a coming CRASH, which many will believe, and will use to justify voting for whichever ass-hole comes out of the Democrat Clown Car.

As for this Krugman fellow, his weekly column - which appears every Saturday in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - is enough to set my blood a-boiling every time. His unsubstantiated, illogical claims and assertions make me WISH for the opportunity to rebut them with facts, but the paper doesn't allow comments on line and rarely publishes rebuttals in their Letters section. His Nobel Prize gives him, apparently, the right to say whatever he wants without fear of contradiction.

First, them:

"Economist Paul Krugman predicts a 'global recession with no end in sight' if Trump wins
Nobel Prize-winning economist Paul Krugman predicts a "global recession with no end in sight" if Donald Trump is elected president:"
Economist Paul Krugman predicts a 'global recession with no end in sight' if Trump wins

Over the past decade, the economy has grown at an average of about 2% a year. The Congressional Budget Office forecasts an annual average of about 1.9% well into the next decade.

The U.S. hasn't had sustained real annual growth (that is, over inflation) of better than 3% since the 1990s, with a brief spurt in 2004 and 2005. Making up the difference from 2% to more than 3% looks like a pipe dream."

"US employers added robust 224,000 jobs in June, with unemployment rate rising slightly to 3.7%"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.146442b056d8
WE'LL SEE ABOUT THAT. Hold your breath until it happens.

First, them:

What happens???

Business is not gonna be happy if this ends the hope for interest rate cuts.
First, them:

What happens???
Hmmm. What we have here is a failure to communicate. This is good news! And I can hold my breath a long time.

First, them:

What happens???
Hmmm. What we have here is a failure to communicate. This is good news! And I can hold my breath a long time.

Not clear as to whom, and about what, you are posting.

Check your stocks today.

First, them:

What happens???

Check your stocks today.
I was responding to the other guy and his wait and see with figures in front of him.

First, them:

What happens???

Check your stocks today.
I was responding to the other guy and his wait and see with figures in front of him.

See....now I feel left out.

(1) The Trump surge in the markets is bound to level off, and it will probably take place during the first 6 months of 2020. Those of us who follow such things noted that the market surge began THE MOMENT TRUMP WAS ELECTED, because investors realized that, to quote the olde Democrat theme song, "Happy days are here again," with a newly elected President who would not be openly hostile to the accumulation of wealth. And as a result of the short term drop in the markets,

(2) The Democrat candidates will use that phenomenon to create the illusion of a coming CRASH, which many will believe, and will use to justify voting for whichever ass-hole comes out of the Democrat Clown Car.

As for this Krugman fellow, his weekly column - which appears every Saturday in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - is enough to set my blood a-boiling every time. His unsubstantiated, illogical claims and assertions make me WISH for the opportunity to rebut them with facts, but the paper doesn't allow comments on line and rarely publishes rebuttals in their Letters section. His Nobel Prize gives him, apparently, the right to say whatever he wants without fear of contradiction.
Wonder how much wealth he has destroyed being so wrong so long

What happens???

Check your stocks today.

OK, why should I check my stocks today? This is for you-not for "hold your breath" guy.

What happens???

Check your stocks today.

OK, why should I check my stocks today? This is for you-not for "hold your breath" guy.

The June job creation put the lie to the idea that the expansion was over....hence the Fed will re-evaluate lowing interest rates.....Business wants low interest rates.

Let's see how the market does.
It's down 190 right now.

Wonder how much wealth he has destroyed being so wrong so long

Certainly not his own wealth....the Left rewards its toadies....

"This prize includes an award of about $1.4 million and was given to Krugman for his work associated with New Trade Theory and the New Economic Geography."
Wikipedia

The Muslim President got it for breathing.

Forum List

Back