The worst films you ever saw.

Blair Witch Project. I loath that movie.
Oh, no!! That was a GREAT movie, I've seen it twice. Really the first "found footage" one, and it was a good idea. It was so scary I couldn't watch the end for days. The scariest part over all was ----- small piles of small stones. I know, doesn't sound scary, but it sure was.

And it was shot totally in a woods, and with one old abandoned house. It must have been essentially free to make.

The Last Jedi is the worst travesty of cinema I’ve ever suffered.

The followup Rise of Skywalker may be worse, but I wouldn’t know. Fuck Disney.

I will forgive your blasphemy ... but G-d might not.

"Forbidden Planet" is a classic ... the first movie with a fully synthesized soundtrack. Animation creature by Disney Studios. It was the inspiration for "Star Trek"
We just re-watched Forbidden Planet again last year. What a movie! When it came out I was totally terrified by the cat monster that shows up in the electricity. Less so now, but it was a great effect. I'm surprised that isn't used more in movies, things showing up in unexpected ways. Like throwing flour on the Invisible Man.

I'd say the most important things about Forbidden Planet was how later films used its tropes. That incredible perspective shift when you realize there are people walking across a bridge in such a huge, high space the bottom can't be seen ------------ every time we see that now, we say "Forbidden Planet!" And those door and window shutters banging down so fastall around the room --- that's been reused. The doors that open and close like a valve.

The Weather Man and The Newton Boys are two films that I never finished watching because of how uninteresting they were in my opinion. I probably didn't even get halfway through either film.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

AAAAaaaaak! I just queued up "Old" to watch this week: it's that bad??
I saw some positive reviews online for it, but damn, that is two hours that I will never get back.

I normally like his stuff, I even quite enjoyed “the Happening”, but damn, old is just horrible

I saw some positive reviews online for it, but damn, that is two hours that I will never get back.

I normally like his stuff, I even quite enjoyed “the Happening”, but damn, old is just horrible
Oh, dear. Because I didn't like The Happening.

Oh, dear. Because I didn't like The Happening.

Most people don’t. I think he caught the feeling of a 60’s “B” movie, which tickled me, but I don’t blame others for their dislike.

Who knows, you might love old. If it’s free, why not. I’d love to hear your opinion.

I tend not to remember the worst films I ever saw. Then again I'm also a person that can appreciate a movie in ways that it wasn't originally intended. Sometimes movies that weren't intended to be funny simply are.... And they are worth watching for that reason.

Little Nikki with Adam Sandler

1678304114841.jpeg

Return Of The Jedi

Stupid secondary plot… must find particular man to help complete mission. Never find man in question …waste time saving animals…fail at mission ( waste of my time as viewer and plain stupid).

And don’t even get me started on the stupid main plot where they deconstructed Luke. Complete trash.

Return Of The Jedi

Stupid secondary plot… must find particular man to help complete mission. Never find man in question …waste time saving animals…fail at mission ( waste of my time as viewer and plain stupid).

And don’t even get me started on the stupid main plot where they deconstructed Luke. Complete trash.

You are thinking of "The Last Jedi" (Episode VIII), not "Return of the Jedi" (Episode VI).

Other than that, I agree with most of what you said.

Forum List

Back