the worsst disease, diabetics.

I'm not convinced that a disease that is completely avoidable and curable, at least in the case of type 2 diabetes, can be considered the "worst disease."

I'm not convinced that a disease that is completely avoidable and curable, at least in the case of type 2 diabetes, can be considered the "worst disease."

It is not completely avoidable. anyone with it in their family will eventually get it as they get older.

Used to be that people believed this but there's not reason to believe its engraved in stone.

My entire family is loaded with heart disease and diabetes. Parents, aunts and uncles, all my surviving siblings - all are sick. They're also fat, smokers, lazy and believe McDonald's, Taco Bell and Arby's are restaurants.

Because of my strong family history, I watch it very closely. That's my choice. I'm the oldest surviving sibling. Two died from heart disease and both had Type 2 diabetes. I have a sister who says her favorite place to eat is Wendy's because she doesn't have to get out of the car and she smokes so much that, on the phone, she sounds like her adult son and her doctor says she would not survive surgery of any kind. That's her choice.

I'm having major surgery in November and so just had a battery of pre-op tests. All with in normal limits.

You can make your own family history.

Its YOUR choice.

This is also why I feel so strongly that people should pay for their own health insurance - ObamaCare. You eat fast (fat) food, smoke, sit on your fat butt? Then YOU should be responsible for that decision. YOU pay for it.

It is not completely avoidable. anyone with it in their family will eventually get it as they get older.

Nonsense. All it requires are a few lifestyle changes and it's completely avoidable. Type 2 diabetes is a result of the mess that is the standard American diet.

Used to be that people believed this but there's not reason to believe its engraved in stone.

My entire family is loaded with heart disease and diabetes. Parents, aunts and uncles, all my surviving siblings - all are sick. They're also fat, smokers, lazy and believe McDonald's, Taco Bell and Arby's are restaurants.

Because of my strong family history, I watch it very closely. That's my choice. I'm the oldest surviving sibling. Two died from heart disease and both had Type 2 diabetes. I have a sister who says her favorite place to eat is Wendy's because she doesn't have to get out of the car and she smokes so much that, on the phone, she sounds like her adult son and her doctor says she would not survive surgery of any kind. That's her choice.

I'm having major surgery in November and so just had a battery of pre-op tests. All with in normal limits.

Its YOUR choice.

This is also why I feel so strongly that people should pay for their own health insurance - ObamaCare. You eat fast (fat) food, smoke, sit on your fat butt? Then YOU should be responsible for that decision. YOU pay for it.

yeah, but that is not what obamacare is about. YOU pay for them - that is what it is about.

Good luck on your surgery!

I know that to be true!
my sis is type 2 and treats it like a pimple
hope she grows up!

Nonsense. All it requires are a few lifestyle changes and it's completely avoidable. Type 2 diabetes is a result of the mess that is the standard American diet.

you are so full of shit your eyes must be brown.....genetics loads the gun but lifestyle does pull the trigger.....

since finding out i was t2....i have lost over 85 lbs....i exercise....total diet change and guess what mother fucker....i am still diabetic.....

not all diabetics are fat and not all fat people are diabetics ...ever notice that....and there is nothing a t1 can do....to 'cure' themselves

and do enlighten me on the 'cure' ....not even by pass is a permit 'cure'

you can control your diabetes to an extend....but like a smart dude told me once...

sure my weight is good....i am now officially underweight for my height...5 ft 10 in at 127 lbs...my numbers are good....my fbg today was 80....my last a1c was 5.1...

all normal readings.....sure i am fucking cured till i eat a damn thing.....and dont give me this bullshit about we can eat anything as long as its a small portion cause we cant....

i'm not convinced that a disease that is completely avoidable and curable, at least in the case of type 2 diabetes, can be considered the "worst disease."

it is not completely avoidable. Anyone with it in their family will eventually get it as they get older.

used to be that people believed this but there's not reason to believe its engraved in stone.

My entire family is loaded with heart disease and diabetes. Parents, aunts and uncles, all my surviving siblings - all are sick. They're also fat, smokers, lazy and believe mcdonald's, taco bell and arby's are restaurants.

Because of my strong family history, i watch it very closely. That's my choice. I'm the oldest surviving sibling. Two died from heart disease and both had type 2 diabetes. I have a sister who says her favorite place to eat is wendy's because she doesn't have to get out of the car and she smokes so much that, on the phone, she sounds like her adult son and her doctor says she would not survive surgery of any kind. That's her choice.

I'm having major surgery in november and so just had a battery of pre-op tests. All with in normal limits.

Its your choice.

This is also why i feel so strongly that people should pay for their own health insurance - obamacare. You eat fast (fat) food, smoke, sit on your fat butt? Then you should be responsible for that decision. You pay for it.

anyone else see the irony about how healthy you are...yet you are having major sugrey for what?

you are so full of shit your eyes must be brown.....genetics loads the gun but lifestyle does pull the trigger.....

since finding out i was t2....i have lost over 85 lbs....i exercise....total diet change and guess what mother fucker....i am still diabetic.....

not all diabetics are fat and not all fat people are diabetics ...ever notice that....and there is nothing a t1 can do....to 'cure' themselves

and do enlighten me on the 'cure' ....not even by pass is a permit 'cure'

you can control your diabetes to an extend....but like a smart dude told me once...

sure my weight is good....i am now officially underweight for my height...5 ft 10 in at 127 lbs...my numbers are good....my fbg today was 80....my last a1c was 5.1...

all normal readings.....sure i am fucking cured till i eat a damn thing.....and dont give me this bullshit about we can eat anything as long as its a small portion cause we cant....

I was very careful to maintain that I was only speaking about type 2 diabetes, which can be cured. Type 1 is another story, obviously.

A low-carb, high fat diet is the way to go. Exercise isn't going to do a thing for you if you're still eating too many carbs. As your weight doesn't seem to be an issue I'd say eat as much as you want, so long as you avoid grains completely and only very sparingly eat potatoes and fruits. Obviously no snacks of any kind, and the only thing you should be drinking is water. Even fruit juices are essentially just sugar. I obviously have no idea what your diet or exercise regimen consists of, but I'd call it a safe assumption that you're ingesting too many carbs and/or sugar.

The Definitive Guide to Insulin, Blood Sugar & Type 2 Diabetes (and you?ll understand it) | Mark's Daily Apple

I would highly recommend that article to anybody suffering from type 2 diabetes.

dude do you think i dont know this shit...i try not to have more than 15 carbs at a time.....i watch carbs sugar and all that....my grandmother, mother and one uncle that i know of.....have this....

you dont drop 85 lbs in 6 months eating carbs.....you really need to stop being so fucking judge mental and read the posts you are quoting

i can give you my carb count for the day right now....it is 0 .....i have had 2 pieces of bacon today...no carbs....i am getting ready to have lunch...where i will have less than 15 carbs

T2 and have put away the Metformin. Controlling now with diet. Next to no grains, no potatoes, no sweets.

When circumstances allow and life slows down a bit, will start working on the exercise routine and weight loss.

o hell my lunch is 22 carbs....i am having a small apple and cheese...

exercise should not be discounted....makes a big difference in bg...booth if you have the time walk.....start out with 15 minutes after ever meal....i just walk a few miles daily if i can...right now i am putting it off....cause of the rain

Forum List

Back