The War on Julie Boonstra

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
people need to wake UP to what the left/progressives (the Democrat party) with the HELP of this media is doing to us and our country...they are on full attack on anyone who disagrees with them...we have enemy's within folks

SNIP:
Michigan is a crucial piece on the 2014 U.S. Senate chessboard, and Republicans have a good shot at gaining retiring Democrat Carl Levin’s open seat, given Democratic nominee Gary Peters’s unpopular House vote for the Affordable Care Act. Yet Peters has hope. The president’s unilateral delays in Obamacare mandates have eased planned layoffs by local governments and businesses. Moderate GOP governor Rick Snyder supports the ACA’s Medicaid expansion. And the state’s liberal news media have largely ignored the estimated 225,000-plus canceled individual policies and the job losses at medical-device maker Stryker.

But Julie Boonstra won’t be ignored. So she must be destroyed.

The Dexter, Mich., leukemia victim lost her coverage last fall and now stars in a devastating ad fingering Obamacare — and Peters — for her resulting distress. In an extraordinary media counterstrike, Boonstra, a schoolteacher, has come under assault from Democrats and their media allies decrying her as a liar and an ignoramus for failing to embrace her new, Obamacare-approved plan.

As with outspoken female Obamacare cancer victims in other states, the intent is to intimidate critics from coming forward. Senator Harry Reid’s outrageous Senate-floor claim that all Obamacare horror stories “are untrue” is the mantra of the Democrats’ scorched-earth campaign to elect Peters and preserve a Democratic Senate.

Boonstra’s ad, backed by Americans for Prosperity, says her policy was “canceled because of Obamacare” and that she fears her “out-of-pocket costs are so high they are unaffordable.” Health-care experts like the Manhattan Institute’s Yevgeniy Feyman say Boonstra “has legitimate concerns.”

“It comes down to uncertainty,” Feyman says. “Cancer treatment is a very personal decision. Her new treatment may not take into account out-of-pocket costs. If her drugs are off the formulary, then [an ACA-mandated cost cap on out-of-pocket drug costs] doesn’t apply.”

“If I do not receive my medication, I will die,” worries Boonstra, who was invited to the State of the Union address as the guest of Representative Tim Walberg (R., Mich.). “I believed the president when he said I could keep my health-insurance plan. I feel lied to. Congressman Peters, your decision to vote for Obamacare jeopardized my health.”

Peters and the media have come out swinging, claiming Boonstra is a right-wing Koch-brothers tool (the Kochs donate to AFP). Like their fellow Democrats in office, newsrooms have long been sympathetic to universal health care.

“No doubt that was a difficult experience,” patronized Washington Post fact-checker Glenn Kessler before knocking Boonstra’s lack of enthusiasm for a lower-premium, higher-out-of-pocket-cost Blue Cross plan that Democrats insist is more affordable.

Michigan’s media piled on. The Detroit Free Press trumpeted Kessler’s claim that Boonstra was a liar deserving “two Pinocchios.” “A Dexter woman’s claims in a political ad criticizing U.S. Rep. Gary Peters don’t add up,” echoed MLive.com (a consortium of Booth newspapers in the state), faulting Boonstra’s math skills.

These organizations have ignored the details of Boonstra’s plan — instead using numbers from Blue Cross (an advocate for Obamacare) numbers to attack her. Through AFP spokesman Scott Hagerstrom, Boonstra communicated her concerns with her new plan.

Uncertainty dogs her — especially having been lied to once by the president. Where her canceled plan’s premiums once covered all her costs, she now must plan for out-of-pocket expenses. Those expenses are capped but will double to $10,200 if she goes out of her network — a not-uncommon need for cancer patients, whose treatment often changes — for a doctor or tests. Of her five cancer drugs, she has already discovered that one (Loratadine) is not covered. Detroit News columnist Dan Calabrese also unearthed the fact that glaucoma and “long-term care and nursing care are not covered.”

ALL of it here
The War on Julie Boonstra | National Review Online

Update: Julie Boonstra?s claim her Obamacare plan is ?unaffordable? gets downgraded to Three Pinocchios

The Facts

The problem with the original ad was two-fold. First, Boonstra, a cancer patient, suggested she had lost her “wonderful doctor” when in fact she could keep that doctor in the new plan. Second, her premiums were cut in half, from $1,100 a month to $571, and the savings were slightly more than the out-of-pocket costs permitted under the health care law. So it seemed highly suspicious that the costs were “unaffordable.”

We were led to believe that she had a Silver individual plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield but were not able to determine her actual plan, as AFP declined to document her claim. Instead, it merely asserted that her costs may be unpredictable in the future.

In other words, her old plan cost $13,200 a year—before co-pays and other out-of-pocket expenses. The new plan is $11,952—including co-pays and out of pocket expenses. That’s a savings of more than $1,200 a year.

Boonstra’s response to this report was that it “can’t be true” because she was worried about high expenses early in the year and because she thought one of her prescription drugs was not covered. A spokesman for Blue Cross told the News that all of her prescriptions are covered and her co-pays on the drugs would help with meeting her out-of-pocket maximum.

Update: Julie Boonstra?s claim her Obamacare plan is ?unaffordable? gets downgraded to Three Pinocchios

The Facts

The problem with the original ad was two-fold. First, Boonstra, a cancer patient, suggested she had lost her “wonderful doctor” when in fact she could keep that doctor in the new plan. Second, her premiums were cut in half, from $1,100 a month to $571, and the savings were slightly more than the out-of-pocket costs permitted under the health care law. So it seemed highly suspicious that the costs were “unaffordable.”

We were led to believe that she had a Silver individual plan through Blue Cross Blue Shield but were not able to determine her actual plan, as AFP declined to document her claim. Instead, it merely asserted that her costs may be unpredictable in the future.

In other words, her old plan cost $13,200 a year—before co-pays and other out-of-pocket expenses. The new plan is $11,952—including co-pays and out of pocket expenses. That’s a savings of more than $1,200 a year.

Boonstra’s response to this report was that it “can’t be true” because she was worried about high expenses early in the year and because she thought one of her prescription drugs was not covered. A spokesman for Blue Cross told the News that all of her prescriptions are covered and her co-pays on the drugs would help with meeting her out-of-pocket maximum.

from the Washintoncompost...one of the media in the DNC back pocket
oh boy like I said, WAKE UP FOLKS...why is a newspaper even bothering with this woman's claims? ask yourself that people?

Last edited:
[

oh boy like I said, WAKE UP FOLKS...why is a newspaper even bothering with this woman's claims? ask yourself that people?

THey are checking her claims because they are being repeated in a million dollar ad campaign funded by the Koch Brothers.

But if you live in a world where everyone who points out facts that don't comport with your world view are in the "DNC's Back Pocket", I guess it's easy to swallow whatever shit the Koch Brothers feed you.

[

THey are checking her claims because they are being repeated in a million dollar ad campaign funded by the Koch Brothers.

But if you live in a world where everyone who points out facts that don't comport with your world view are in the "DNC's Back Pocket", I guess it's easy to swallow whatever shit the Koch Brothers feed you.

and you live in a world of being a parrot
it is funded by those EVIL KOCH BROTHERS
crawl back into the democrat party hole you reside in...You're another paid informer stooge for the Democrat party

Last edited:
[

crawl back into the democrat party hole you reside in...You're another paid informer stooge for the Democrat party

Well, if the Koch Brothers paid me more...

Anyway... If ObamaCare was really that awful, the Koch Brothers would be able to find real horror stories and not some woman who was confused about what her plan covered.

Well, if the Koch Brothers paid me more...

Anyway... If ObamaCare was really that awful, the Koch Brothers would be able to find real horror stories and not some woman who was confused about what her plan covered.

so now you're repeating what the media has told you, she is confused... you liberal/obots have not one once of shame putting down your fellow countrymen and women for a GOVERNMENT and man who is suppose to care about EVERYONE he Represents...it's sickening

[

so now you're repeating what the media has told you, she is confused... you liberal/obots have not one once of shame putting down your fellow countrymen and women for a GOVERNMENT and man who is suppose to care about EVERYONE he Represents...it's sickening

Well, I'm not sure what her issue is, as WaPo has found out that her new plan is actually BETTER than her old one. So then her story was that her concern was "uncertainty".

Incidently, I'm not a fan of ObamaCare. I think we should have gone to single payer, universal coverage like every other industrialized nation has. But since you clowns on the right insisted that Cigna and Blue Cross and United Health care really needed to maintain the most expensive system in the world by adding shareholders and executives to the cost, you really can't complain, can you?

Well, I'm not sure what her issue is, as WaPo has found out that her new plan is actually BETTER than her old one. So then her story was that her concern was "uncertainty".

Incidently, I'm not a fan of ObamaCare. I think we should have gone to single payer, universal coverage like every other industrialized nation has. But since you clowns on the right insisted that Cigna and Blue Cross and United Health care really needed to maintain the most expensive system in the world by adding shareholders and executives to the cost, you really can't complain, can you?

You are totally missing the positives, I mean can imagine an amazing show like Breaking Bad beaing made in any other industialized nation.

"Mr White, I'm afraid you have cancer. Your treatment starts on Saturday." The end.

You are totally missing the positives, I mean can imagine an amazing show like Breaking Bad beaing made in any other industialized nation.

"Mr White, I'm afraid you have cancer. Your treatment starts on Saturday." The end.

:lol:

Forum List

Back