The War In Damascus

Hossfly

ZIONIST
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 5, 2008
Ft Worth,TX
DAMASCUS, Syria — The thud of an artillery round hardly drew a reaction from the many people lingering, apparently carefree, Monday near Jaheth Park, a stretch of green in this Syrian capital's upscale Abu Rummaneh district.

"From inside the bubble to outside the bubble," said Maysam, 29, tracing the trajectory of a shell aimed at some rebel stronghold in embattled suburbs. "We all live in a bubble here. No one really knows what's going on outside of our little bubble."

After 2 1/2 years of conflict, the Syrian capital is a deeply divided place. Central Damascus is heavily guarded and relatively secure, but its residents live with the unsettling reality of war raging all around them.

In Syria's capital, war surrounds residents living in a bubble - latimes.com

The only civilized & stable country in the entire Middle East is Israel. Quite a remarkable achievement considering what Israel has for neighbors all around them.

DAMASCUS, Syria — The thud of an artillery round hardly drew a reaction from the many people lingering, apparently carefree, Monday near Jaheth Park, a stretch of green in this Syrian capital's upscale Abu Rummaneh district.

"From inside the bubble to outside the bubble," said Maysam, 29, tracing the trajectory of a shell aimed at some rebel stronghold in embattled suburbs. "We all live in a bubble here. No one really knows what's going on outside of our little bubble."

After 2 1/2 years of conflict, the Syrian capital is a deeply divided place. Central Damascus is heavily guarded and relatively secure, but its residents live with the unsettling reality of war raging all around them.

Your link:

"The emotional roller coaster in recent days amid the threat of military action by the United States, which accuses Assad's forces of carrying out the chemical strikes, was especially nerve-racking. Some people left the country. Others stocked up on food and scouted out potential shelters.

"In Bassel's case, he said he decided to catch up on his Americana Hollywood-style and watched the 2010 film 'Green Zone,' starring Matt Damon, about the disastrous occupation of neighboring Iraq after the U.S.-engineered ouster of Saddam Hussein.

"A common fear here is that Syria is on course to be the next Iraq, site of seemingly endless sectarian slaughter and possible occupation by foreign troops.

"'The movie didn't make me feel any better,' Bassel said.

"'If the Americans invade, will we all be treated like the prisoners in Abu Ghraib?' he asked, referring to the prison where Iraqis suffered abuse at the hands of U.S. jailers. 'I wonder if what happened to our neighbor is what will happen to us.'"

Do you think anyone on Wall $treet worries much about that?

They need to buck up. People have plans for their country that they may not be happy with. After they are disarmed they are pretty much goners.

Your link:

"The emotional roller coaster in recent days amid the threat of military action by the United States, which accuses Assad's forces of carrying out the chemical strikes, was especially nerve-racking. Some people left the country. Others stocked up on food and scouted out potential shelters.

"In Bassel's case, he said he decided to catch up on his Americana Hollywood-style and watched the 2010 film 'Green Zone,' starring Matt Damon, about the disastrous occupation of neighboring Iraq after the U.S.-engineered ouster of Saddam Hussein.

"A common fear here is that Syria is on course to be the next Iraq, site of seemingly endless sectarian slaughter and possible occupation by foreign troops.

"'If the Americans invade, will we all be treated like the prisoners in Abu Ghraib?' he asked, referring to the prison where Iraqis suffered abuse at the hands of U.S. jailers. 'I wonder if what happened to our neighbor is what will happen to us.'"

Shades of Rog! Don't you ever give up about money?

The only civilized & stable country in the entire Middle East is Israel. Quite a remarkable achievement considering what Israel has for neighbors all around them.
"The more I researched the Zionists movement (especially from its founders), the more I found that the vast majority of Jews (especially before WWII) were not Zionists and many thought it will be dangerous to Jews, which explains why over 99% of the emigrating European Jews preferred America over the 'Jewish state' to be in British occupied Palestine!

"However, the Holocaust was a deeply traumatic experience which shocked the Western Jews who survived the genocide. As a result, the extreme and the fringe in Jewish politics became the mainstream, and the 'Never Again' slogan was born.

"For the average Westerner, this slogan may not sound harsh; after all European Jews suffered European anti-Semitism for centuries.

"On the other hand, to us, the Palestinian people, this slogan implies 'Never Again' regardless of the price; 'Never Again' even if others become the victim, 'Never Again' period.

The Spartan Jew - Palestine Remembered

Your link:

This is ALL about money ( well maybe a little sectarian revenge thrown in ). Keep thinking 'pipelines' .

The war on Damascus is going on for more than two years:eusa_shifty:

When it comes to Jewish issues and political situations it's always about money.

Money seems to be their secular god and many are named after their numismatic deity of choice.

ie. Goldberg, Silver, Goldstein, Silverstein, Gold, Goldman, Goldbaum, Silverman, Goldblatt, Silverberg, Goldfarb, and dozens of other variations. .. :cool:

Your link:

Did you miss the memo?
Money makes some people's world go 'round.

Is Capitalism to Blame For the Syrian War Drive? » CounterPunch: Tells the Facts, Names the Names
"As the dominant corporate sector in U.S. capitalism,the (Wall Street) banks are also the most internationalist in scope; the recent second quarter profits of U.S. banks were $42.2 billion (!), most of this money was made in overseas investing using cheap Federal Reserve printed dollars.

"When there are overseas barriers to these types of profits, such as currency controls and other restrictions on foreign investment — as exist in Syria, Iran, and China — these nations are viewed as “enemies” by the banks who cheerlead their destruction.

"A submissive nation with an 'open' economy is very good for the profits of U.S. corporations, and submissiveness is best taught by fear, i.e., the threat of military intervention."

When it comes to Jewish issues and political situations it's always about money.

Money seems to be their secular god and many are named after their numismatic deity of choice.

ie. Goldberg, Silver, Goldstein, Silverstein, Gold, Goldman, Goldbaum, Silverman, Goldblatt, Silverberg, Goldfarb, and dozens of other variations. .. :cool:

When it comes to Jewish issues we can count always on your hatred-speech about "Yuden".:doubt:

When it comes to Jewish issues we can count always on your hatred-speech about "Yuden".:doubt:
There is nothing hateful about the word 'Juden'.

It's just the German pronunciation of the word 'Jew'.

I like using it because it sounds kind of melodic when spoken. .. :cool:

You know very well it is used in a derogatory manner, you liar. Nobody uses that word, it's offensive, so you should be mature and stop it .

You know very well it is used in a derogatory manner, you liar. Nobody uses that word, it's offensive, so you should be mature and stop it .
The hispanics say 'Hesus' instead of the english pronuciation 'Jesus'.

Should that be considered offensive hate speech?? .. :cool:

The hispanics say 'Hesus' instead of the english pronuciation 'Jesus'.

Should that be considered offensive hate speech?? .. :cool:

Say whatever you want. I'm just saying that the word Juden is very offensive.
But I wouldn't expect anything else from a Muslim Nazi like yourself who wants Israel destroyed :cool:

You use it as a insult, like most of the things you say against Jews.

Therefor it is hateful.

90% of the things insulting don't really insult, but considered such when they are said by an insulting person.

Like yourself.

OMG! And here I didn't even know that. Bless you Sir for enlightening me. Everyone please join with me & Sunni Man by telling all your neighbors what we just learned. Heh Heh!

The only civilized & stable country in the entire Middle East is Israel.
LOL.....surely you jest,...... The fascist state of Israel is constantly attacking it's neighboring countries and committing war crimes against civilians on a regular basis. .. :cool:

Forum List

Back