The Wall Comes Crashing Down - GOP insiders predicting Obama Victory

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
The Raw Story | GOP insiders predicting Obama victory

Eight in 10 Republican insiders polled by National Journal said there is a "high" chance of an Obama victory. None said there is a "low" chance the Democratic candidate will win.

National Journal Magazine - Political Insiders Poll

There's little indication the strategy is working, despite the fiercely rabid crowds that are greeting McCain and Sarah Palin on the campaign trail. Republican consultant Michelle Laxalt was particularly critical of McCain's decision to employ Palin as an attack dog.

"They have send this young, naive -- very confident, perhaps in Alaska -- young woman out with the most incendiary talking points, the most dangerous racist talking points and I think they should be ashamed of themselves," Laxalt told CNN's Larry King Thursday night.

The town hall debate earlier this week that was supposed to mark McCain's chances to turn things around has done anything but. Two-thirds of the 75 GOP insiders National Journal polled said Obama helped himself more following Tuesday's show down.

"Every time Obama is on the same stage with McCain he looks a little more presidential, a little more prepared for the job," one Republican said. "McCain's attack strategy made him look so small at a time when the issues are so big."

Actually it means more people will vote for him in strategic areas.

Obama beat Hillary, and now he is going to beat John McCain.

Although why anyone would want that job is beyond me.

Thank God, the smirking chimp will be gone.

Worst president in American history.

Well I noticed the Cons and Republicans on this board have so far ignored this thread.

Facing reality isn't a easy thing to do I'm sure. :eusa_whistle:

Obama beat Hillary, and now he is going to beat John McCain.

Although why anyone would want that job is beyond me.

Thank God, the smirking chimp will be gone.

Worst president in American history.

Be careful what you wish for...

I pray to God that whoever the next president is, he gets us out of Iraq and starts encouraging alternative energy.

There is nothing wrong with this country, that a little wisdom could not solve.

Well I noticed the Cons and Republicans on this board have so far ignored this thread.

Facing reality isn't a easy thing to do I'm sure. :eusa_whistle:

Well it's either that or a miilion other reasons---maybe they're watching football. More speculation---you're losing it rapidly.

Well it's either that or a miilion other reasons---maybe they're watching football. More speculation---you're losing it rapidly.

I think you are right.

They are watching football, and their team is losing.

The only person on the current ticket that would do a worse job than Bush is Palin.

It strikes me as kinda weird that the top three stupidest presidents/vps, or those going for the job, have been Repubs: 1) Palin 2) Bush 3) Quayle.

What I am even more astonished about is that the Repubs managed to find somebody dumber than Bush out there in the GoP ether...

Forum List

Back