The Walking Dead

:eusa_shifty:

I think its cool how she can swipe three walker's head's off with just one stroke of her samuri sword.

The ease with which everyone on the show is able to shove various objects into and through the skulls of the walkers continues to be one of my biggest pet-peeves. Does becoming a walker somehow immediately turn the bones of the skull into paper mache? :dunno:

:lol:

Well hmm. As you decay yes you would get softer. But jeez. We are over five years past the event now. The walkers should have rotted away years ago. I think you should re-evaluate that peeve.

5 years? I know the show is going into season 5 but isn't it only about 3 years after the event on the show itself?

The ease with which everyone on the show is able to shove various objects into and through the skulls of the walkers continues to be one of my biggest pet-peeves. Does becoming a walker somehow immediately turn the bones of the skull into paper mache? :dunno:

Well hmm. As you decay yes you would get softer. But jeez. We are over five years past the event now. The walkers should have rotted away years ago. I think you should re-evaluate that peeve.

5 years? I know the show is going into season 5 but isn't it only about 3 years after the event on the show itself?
The guys trying to figure it out have the timeline at around 506 days after the event.

The only way to destroy a walker is the brain stem. After so many years, wouldn't it rot? And the bones begin to disintegrate? One would think so. So if they are animated by that brain stem...how long does it last?
Then again, with so many falling victim to them, there is always a fresh supply. Until there is nothing left to infect with that fresh supply.

If they are going to continue this show, they need to change it up some where the walkers are no longer the threat. Its other people who are the threat. Live ones.

It is heading that way, especially after the Governor and Terminus episodes.

I actually hated the Governor episodes. And I do like the zombie action but it just isn't believable any more. Perhaps more info on what makes them continue living after dying...where it originated from, etc.

The only way to destroy a walker is the brain stem. After so many years, wouldn't it rot? And the bones begin to disintegrate? One would think so. So if they are animated by that brain stem...how long does it last?
Then again, with so many falling victim to them, there is always a fresh supply. Until there is nothing left to infect with that fresh supply.

If they are going to continue this show, they need to change it up some where the walkers are no longer the threat. Its other people who are the threat. Live ones.

I actually hated the Governor episodes. And I do like the zombie action but it just isn't believable any more. Perhaps more info on what makes them continue living after dying...where it originated from, etc.

My guess is the event was caused by a water borne and/or blood borne parasite.

As to the actions performed by a body after death. I encourage you to cut the head off a snake and "wait" for the body to stop moving.

I'm guessing the parasite is affecting brain function. Note the folks who are having visions doing things that cause them to die, thus completing the host cycle of the parasite.

12 Real Parasites That Control the Lives of Their Hosts

Last edited:

Well there is no actual statement made on it. Only real solid one was when they first arrived at the prison Axel had been locked in the cafeteria for over nine months. Between the time of the initial outbreak, time elapsed before everyone was overrun they were well over a year at the beginning of season three. More than likely more. Either way long past the time anything dead would have rotted to bones.

Actually, I think the less they try to explain how the zombies came to be, the better. There is no explanation that will make any real sense, it's an obviously impossible thing. Leave it vague and unexplained. ;)

Live Foresure (>90%):
Rick
Carl
Daryl
These are the only 3 I think don't die.

More like live than die 60-90%
Michonne (I just think so)
Carol (Fan Fav)
Morgan (they waited really 4 seasons to bring him back they aren't killing him right away)
Abraham
Judith (I don't see them killing a baby)

More likely die than Live (15-60%)
Tyreese (he is dead in the comic and I think he will be the big dramatic death)
Tara (didn't think she would make it this far)
Beth (makes sense to off her)
Maggie or Glenn (One lives and one dies. The rumor is always Glenn, but writers could twist it)
Rosita (Hope she doesn't, but I would doubt it)
Sasha (I just think they knock her off)

Walker Meat (<15)
Gareth (it doesn't pay to be a sadistic cannibal)
Eugene (when they find out he is full of shit on the cure, someone offs him)
Stookey (just seems like his time)

Is walking dead airing?

walking-dead-season-5-spoilers-rick-grimes-fall-love-michonne-mary-die.jpg

They are just trying to kill us with anticipation!

Bump - I look forward to the start

Live Foresure (>90%):
Rick
Carl
Daryl
These are the only 3 I think don't die.

More like live than die 60-90%
Michonne (I just think so)
Carol (Fan Fav)
Morgan (they waited really 4 seasons to bring him back they aren't killing him right away)
Abraham
Judith (I don't see them killing a baby)

More likely die than Live (15-60%)
Tyreese (he is dead in the comic and I think he will be the big dramatic death)
Tara (didn't think she would make it this far)
Beth (makes sense to off her)
Maggie or Glenn (One lives and one dies. The rumor is always Glenn, but writers could twist it)
Rosita (Hope she doesn't, but I would doubt it)
Sasha (I just think they knock her off)

Walker Meat (<15)
Gareth (it doesn't pay to be a sadistic cannibal)
Eugene (when they find out he is full of shit on the cure, someone offs him)
Stookey (just seems like his time)

Forum List

Back