The USS Liberty Memorial

"Only hours after the Liberty arrived it was spotted by the Israeli military. The IDF sent out reconnaissance planes to identify the ship.

"They made eight trips over a period of three hours.

"The Liberty was flying a large US flag and was easily recognizable as an American vessel.

"A few hours later more planes came.

"These were Israeli Mirage III fighters, armed with rockets and machine guns.

"As off-duty officers sunbathed on the deck, the fighters opened fire on the defenseless ship with rockets and machine guns."

When Israel Attacked...

"Only hours after the Liberty arrived it was spotted by the Israeli military. The IDF sent out reconnaissance planes to identify the ship.

Soooo, Israel intentionally committed an act of war against the US? :lol:

Were the Israelis hoping the US would destroy Israel and then re-build it, like the US did with Germany after WW II? :lol:

Keep drinking, George. :clap2:

Speaking only for myself, I think my obsession with Israel and Jews...
Obsession is an illness George

Simply an Obsessive/Compulsively sick individual who is a self-admitted obsessive/compulsive...

Seek help George, before you have nothing left in your life but this hate. You will die with hate in your heart and we know where that will take you.

Simply an Obsessive/Compulsively sick individual who is a self-admitted obsessive/compulsive...

Seek help George, before you have nothing left in your life but this hate. You will die with hate in your heart and we know where that will take you.
cutting a quote to change the message is disingenuous, and probably against the rules, but hey, Rulz?,shmulz

Speaking only for myself, I think my obsession with Israel and Jews stems from a belief that a Jewish state in the middle of a geographical region that was and is overwhelmingly Arab could not have happened without western colonialism as a driving force.

Briefly, Israel was created to buy western arms (purchased by US taxpayers) and then raise some holy hell while the smokescreen of plucky little David versus the Arab Goliath concealed the amount of profits from Arab oil that was being diverted to London and New York banks.

What sets Israel apart from un-Democratic regimes around the world is her 200 plus nuclear weapons and what appears to be a growing divide within the Jewish state among Jews.

If civil war comes to Darfur or Saudi Arabia, it won't pose an existential threat to humanity. I'm not sure that's the case with Israel.

Finally, while there are no doubt Brownshirts posting here, there are also fanatics on Israel's side who immediately resort to juvenile invective and insults whenever someone questions Israel's motives. This is not done to facilitate an understanding of Israel's role in the world, and I think they know it.

"They made eight trips over a period of three hours.

"The Liberty was flying a large US flag and was easily recognizable as an American vessel.

"A few hours later more planes came.

"These were Israeli Mirage III fighters, armed with rockets and machine guns.

"As off-duty officers sunbathed on the deck, the fighters opened fire on the defenseless ship with rockets and machine guns."

When Israel Attacked...

What motive would Israel have to sink the Liberty deliberately during the Six-Day War in 1967? And why was the Liberty in the Mediterranean at all, at that time?

cutting a quote to change the message is disingenuous, and probably against the rules, but hey, Rulz?,shmulz

Speaking only for myself, I think my obsession with Israel and Jews stems from a belief that a Jewish state in the middle of a geographical region that was and is overwhelmingly Arab could not have happened without western colonialism as a driving force.

Briefly, Israel was created to buy western arms (purchased by US taxpayers) and then raise some holy hell while the smokescreen of plucky little David versus the Arab Goliath concealed the amount of profits from Arab oil that was being diverted to London and New York banks.

What sets Israel apart from un-Democratic regimes around the world is her 200 plus nuclear weapons and what appears to be a growing divide within the Jewish state among Jews.

If civil war comes to Darfur or Saudi Arabia, it won't pose an existential threat to humanity. I'm not sure that's the case with Israel.

Finally, while there are no doubt Brownshirts posting here, there are also fanatics on Israel's side who immediately resort to juvenile invective and insults whenever someone questions Israel's motives. This is not done to facilitate an understanding of Israel's role in the world, and I think they know it.

The reasons for your self-stated obsession do not matter Jos. You don't understand that obsession is a sickness that disavows what does not fit into the obsession driven view.

I hate you because....

Because doesn't matter. That one hates is enough. The same for obsession and doubly so since your obsession is one of race hate.

Er, wrong. Israel existed 3200 years ago and twice in antiquity, well before "western colonialists'" assistance.

Ever even come close to opening a history book?

Those western colonialists also invented most of the Arab shitholes after WW I out of the ashes of the Ottoman Empire.

That's right, not one Arab shithole today even existed prior to WW I as a sovereign state.

Your history lesson for the day.

Er, wrong, again. Israel existed in at least 1300 BCE, verified by the archaeological record.

Muslim intruders didn't invade until 636 CE.

Israel existed 2000 years before the pedophile Muhammad was even hatched.

The modern state of Israel was first established in 1922 by the League of Nations, of which the US was not a member. The consensus of the world community was the historical link between "Palestine" and the Jewish People.

Unlike Iran, Pakistan and North Korea, Israel has never saber-rattled its presumed nuclear arsenal.

Indeed, no Israeli leader has as much as uttered a word about their nuclear capabilities.

What sets Israel apart is it is a civilized democracy that wishes to live at peace with the world.

Perhaps, psychiatric counseling can assist you in determining why you are so weak and insecure as to be obsessed by a tiny sliver of a country, about the size of Vermont.

Medication can help you.

Were the Israelis hoping the US would destroy Israel and then re-build it, like the US did with Germany after WW II? :lol:

Was the Golan Heights worth assaulting Liberty?

Is there any crime Israel MIGHT commit that you would object to?

Perhaps, psychiatric counseling can assist you in determining why you are so weak and insecure as to be obsessed by a tiny sliver of a country, about the size of Vermont.

Medication can help you.
How many times has Vermont invaded Lebanon?

How many nuclear weapons does the State of Vermont control?

Any racist rabbis in Burlington?

Medication can help you.

Vermont has never been at war with its neighbors. Israel has been at war with all its neighbors multiple times.

Vermont has never been at war with its neighbors. Israel has been at war with all its neighbors multiple times.

Israel has been at warwith the religion of peace :lol:

Muslim attack on 9/11, killing 3,000
Ongoing Muslim genocide in Darfur and southern Sudan, 4 million killed
Muslims slaughter 60 Christians in church in Iraq
Muslim bombings in Mumbai, India kill 250, 700 injured
Muslim bombings in Londin, 53 killed, 700 injured
Multiple Muslim bombings on trains near Madrid, Spain. 191 killed, 1460 injured
Muslim bombing in Bali nightclub, 202 killed, 300 injured
Muslim bombing attacks in Russia kill 300
Musim attack on Beslan, Russia school, 344 killed including 186 children
Muslim attack on the Christian community in Demsa,
Nigeria, killing 36 people, destroying property and displacing an additional 3000 people
Muslim attack on the Hindu Ram temple in India; one of the most holy sites of Hinduism, 6 dead.
Muslim bombings in India, over 60 killed and over 180 injured in crowded markets and a bus, just 2 days before the Diwali festival
Muslim bombings in Varanasi, India, series of attacks in the Sankath Mochan Hanuman temple and Cantonment Railway Station, 28 killed and over 100 injured
Muslim bombings in India, 21 explosive devices, 56 dead and 200 injured.
Muslim bombings in Delhi, India, 30 people dead and 130 injured, followed by attack two weeks later, 3 people dead.
Muslims kill at least 174 people and wound numerous others in attacks in Mumbai.
Muslims detonate car bomb in Pakistan shopping district, killing over 110 killed and over 200 injured.
Muslim suicide bomber in Somalia detonates in hotel hosting a graduation ceremony for local medical students, killing four government ministers as well as other civilians.
Muslim suicide bomber in Pakistan drove into a volleyball pitch as people gathered to watch a match killing more than 100 people
Muslims attack mosques in Pakistan, killing nearly 100 and injuring many others
Muslim attacks on the Hindu Raghunath temple, India, 25 dead.
Muslim bombing in al-Arbaa, Algeria. 49 dead, 117 injured.
Muslim suicide attack on Indian parliament kills 7, wounds 12
Muslim machine gun attack on Hindu temple in India. 31 dead, 86 injured

Iran Iraq War, 1 million dead
Lebanese Civil War, 250,000 dead
Algerian Civl War: 300,000 dead
Bangladesh Civil War: 500,000 dead
Yemen Civil Wars
Iraq invades Kuwait
Kuwait expels 400,000 Palestinians
Black Sept., Jordan's King Hussein murders, expells 80,000 Palestinians
Syrian army kills 20,000 Syrians at Hama
Iraq gases Kurds
300 US Marines killed in Beirut
1400 year conflict between Sunnis and Shiites
Fratricide between Hamas and Fatah
Syria/Hizballah assassinate Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri

"The Attack

After surveilling USS Liberty for more than nine hours with almost hourly aircraft overflights and radar tracking, the air and naval forces of Israel attacked our ship in international waters without warning.

"USS Liberty was identified as a US naval ship by Israeli reconnaissance aircraft nine hours before the attack and continuously tracked by Israeli radar and aircraft thereafter.

"Sailing in international waters at less than five knots, with no offensive armament, our ship was not a military threat to anyone.

"The Israeli forces attacked without warning and without attempting to contact us.

"Thirty four Americans were killed in the attack and another 174 were wounded.

"The ship, a $40-million dollar state-of-the-art signals intelligence platform, was later declared unsalvageable and sold for scrap."

Thanks, Israel.

Payback's coming.

"The Attack

After surveilling USS Liberty for more than nine hours with almost hourly aircraft overflights and radar tracking, the air and naval forces of Israel attacked our ship in international waters without warning[/].

What are you drinking tonight, gin or vodka? :clap2:

Forum List

Back