The Usa – An English-speaking Nation?

I'm for a constitutional amendment that requires English to be the official language of the USA.

Unnecessary and impractical.

Youll [sic] have to explain that further....

English already is, and will remain, the dominant language used in the US regardless of any imagined Constitutional Amendment. Applying any such imagined amendment would run into so many constitutional and practical hurdles that it would almost immediately prove unenforceable.

It's not about being able to enforce it it's about principle. What language did the founding fathers speak?

The Founding Fathers spoke many languages.

I'm for a constitutional amendment that requires English to be the official language of the USA.

Unnecessary and impractical.

Youll [sic] have to explain that further....

English already is, and will remain, the dominant language used in the US regardless of any imagined Constitutional Amendment. Applying any such imagined amendment would run into so many constitutional and practical hurdles that it would almost immediately prove unenforceable.

It's not about being able to enforce it it's about principle. What language did the founding fathers speak?

The Founding Fathers spoke many languages.

In the congress what language did they speak? I know they had to speak other languages; especially french.

I have a simple rule in my business if I can't understand you because you don't speak English then the door is over there. ...

Where is the door for the times when you can't understand because of your own failure of communication?
I have a simple rule in my business if I can't understand you because you don't speak English then the door is over there. ...

Where is the door for the times when you can't understand because of your own failure of communication?

I don't have that problem of not being able to understand English. I know where you are going with this and you are trying to side step the topic. Though, I'd expect that from someone who has 41000 posts.

I know where you are going with this and you are trying to side step the topic...

Step right up to it...

You complain about people not being able to communicate in English, when your own ability to do so is demonstrably limited. That makes you a hypocrite.

If you really want to know I type in the dark. ...

You certainly seem to be in the dark...

You seem to be avoiding the discussion, because you know it will lead to a conclusion that goes against yours.

And what do you imagine 'mine' to be?

I'm waiting for you to get to the point. Been waiting all night actually. Get to it.

Answer my question.

I know where you are going with this and you are trying to side step the topic...

Step right up to it...

You complain about people not being able to communicate in English, when your own ability to do so is demonstrably limited. That makes you a hypocrite.

What i said was if I can't understand what they are saying meaning they aren't "speaking?" English then I will show them the door.

If you really want to know I type in the dark. ...

You certainly seem to be in the dark...

You seem to be avoiding the discussion, because you know it will lead to a conclusion that goes against yours.

And what do you imagine 'mine' to be?

I'm waiting for you to get to the point. Been waiting all night actually. Get to it.

Answer my question.

Not till you attempt to show you have one.

No matter what language you speak at home (We speak English and Japanese and bit of Portuguese) you'd be stupid NOT to learn English as it's the Language of the World and Language of International Business.

Forum List

Back