The Usa – An English-speaking Nation?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
mexican-flag-us-flag-reuters.jpg

I know this is a Right-Wing site but it has lots of links to reports that make it more than verifiable. This does not surprise me as I am familiar with the Hispanic community here in Las Vegas and this appears to be the trend.

62 MILLION PEOPLE IN US NOW SPEAK LANGUAGE OTHER THAN ENGLISH AT HOME @ Report 62 Million People in US Now Speak Language Other Than English at Home

And then there is this → U.S. CONGRESSIONAL DEBATE IN CALIFORNIA HOSTED ENTIRELY IN SPANISH @ U.S. Congressional Debate In California Hosted Entirely In Spanish

Aren't people allowed to speak any language they want in their own home?

Most Hispanics are bilingual

No need to worry about English remaining the dominant language in the US.

Forget it...it's Chinatown

Multi-culturalism does not have to disqualify unifying standards such as an agreed-upon national language, which in this case, is English.

We have the gadgets for people from differing backgrounds to make privatized 'translation' mix-tapes.

I'm for a constitutional amendment that requires English to be the official language of the USA.

Unnecessary and impractical.

Youll have to explain that further, because it's more relevant today than ever. Oh, and EVERY person willing to be a US citizen should be required to speak English to be a citizen. Fluent English. To go into the school system the same requirement.

I have a simple rule in my business if I can't understand you because you don't speak English then the door is over there. I also won't hire anybody that doesn't speak English to work on my home or property.

I'm for a constitutional amendment that requires English to be the official language of the USA.

Youll [sic] have to explain that further....

English already is, and will remain, the dominant language used in the US regardless of any imagined Constitutional Amendment. Applying any such imagined amendment would run into so many constitutional and practical hurdles that it would almost immediately prove unenforceable.

I have a simple rule in my business if I can't understand you because you don't speak English then the door is over there. ...

Where is the door for the times when you can't understand because of your own failure of communication?

Youll [sic] have to explain that further....

English already is, and will remain, the dominant language used in the US regardless of any imagined Constitutional Amendment. Applying any such imagined amendment would run into so many constitutional and practical hurdles that it would almost immediately prove unenforceable.

It's not about being able to enforce it it's about principle. What language did the founding fathers speak?

Forum List

Back