The US will lose in a war against North Korea, a former Pentagon commander warns

Have you losers won one since you lost in 1953 ?
You flag waving unsure of gender assholes haven't" won" anything since WW1 and that's debatable. C'mon man. Ya been warring since 2003 with guys who wear robes and don't even have a fucking airplane. Whos kidding who ?
Name the war we were in where we lost as many soldiers as the other side. We lost what... 50,000 in Vietnam? The Vietnamese people lost MILLIONS! You going to tell me they won something? :laugh:

Last edited:
Wow, we have highly qualified arm chair military geniuses right here on USMB, who don't need the any experience or the on ground intelligence of planning any scenarios of attempting of invading North Korea.
But Lt. Gen. Jan-Marc Jouas has.
"From January 2012 to 2014, Jouas was intimately involved in formulating plans to counter a North Korean attack on South Korea. "This threat was the most dangerous I’d faced since the end of the Cold War, and planning for it the most challenging problem I’d encountered in my 35-year career," he said."
We might not lose the war, but the causalities, would number in the tens of millions (which would include tens of thousands of American troops and citizens. and that's just on the Korean peninsula. NK could nuke Japan and other Asian targets.
When I see arm chair generals with absolutely zero experience in planning military actions, criticizing a general who was in charge of the military in Korea, it's clear to these fools are complete idiots.
Un-fucking believable.
the general is the dumbass
He said it would take "days" to eliminate North Korean artillery, rockets and missiles that threaten the South Korean capital of Seoul, which is home to 25 million people.

if they are using arty/rockets, and missiles on Seoul, that means the SK and US forces will move and destroy the NK military faster---get it???!!!???
he says they are going to use their military might against Seoul instead of the attacking military force???
yeah--he's a smart guy

you know I see this crap in other forums.......you think the US and SK will be like snowmen--just sitting there doing nothing
We are very adept at quickly locating where artillery fire is coming from
It won't be quick enough to stop NK from flattening Seoul first.

The artillery would be neutralized quick, and from what I read the flattening of Seoul just isn't possible
Its worse than you probably think. This is a good article about NKs artillery and its threat against Seoul.

North Korea's Simple But Deadly Artillery Holds Seoul And U.S. Hostage

Another article on NK

Trump Has 6 Options to Neutralize North Korea—but None Are Good

"The 28,500 U.S. Armed Forces personnel in South Korea are vastly outnumbered by North Korean forces, as well as [South Korean] forces that will conduct the overwhelming majority of the fighting. Unlike every conflict since the last Korean War, we will not be able to build up our forces prior to the start of hostilities," Jouas wrote in a November 7 letter obtained by Newsweek to several Democratic members of Congress. It's estimated North Korea has roughly 1.2 million troops.

The idiot thinks the entire war would be fought using the troops stationed there. Just shows that the Pentagon has idiots the moronic MSM loves to use.

And seems to dismiss the South Korean troops for some reason.
And the B-1 and B-2 bombers stationed in Guam, three carrier fleets off the coast and who knows how many missile subs off the coast. Probably 100 nukes could be used within the first hour if push came to shove.

Nope. The North Koreans don't have that many targets. It would be a waste of nukes.

You flag waving unsure of gender assholes haven't" won" anything since WW1 and that's debatable. C'mon man. Ya been warring since 2003 with guys who wear robes and don't even have a fucking airplane. Whos kidding who ?
Name the war we were in where we lost as many soldiers as the other side. We lost what... 50,000 in Vietnam? The Vietnamese people lost MILLIONS! You going to tell me they won something? :laugh:
Sure did. How many murkin flags have you seen there ? OH wait...Do you even have a passport ?

QUOTE="ScienceRocks, post: 18563212, member: 22889"]It is of the up most importance that Trump keeps us out of war with north Korea.[/QUOTE]

"Up most"? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Did you mean "utmost"?

ut·most
  1. most extreme; greatest

Don't worry! You will learn vocabulary in middle school when you get there.

Wow, we have highly qualified arm chair military geniuses right here on USMB, who don't need the any experience or the on ground intelligence of planning any scenarios of attempting of invading North Korea.
"From January 2012 to 2014, Jouas was intimately involved in formulating plans to counter a North Korean attack on South Korea. "This threat was the most dangerous I’d faced since the end of the Cold War, and planning for it the most challenging problem I’d encountered in my 35-year career," he said."
We might not lose the war, but the causalities, would number in the tens of millions (which would include tens of thousands of American troops and citizens. and that's just on the Korean peninsula. NK could nuke Japan and other Asian targets.
When I see arm chair generals with absolutely zero experience in planning military actions, criticizing a general who was in charge of the military in Korea, it's clear to these fools are complete idiots.
Un-fucking believable.
He said it would take "days" to eliminate North Korean artillery, rockets and missiles that threaten the South Korean capital of Seoul, which is home to 25 million people.

if they are using arty/rockets, and missiles on Seoul, that means the SK and US forces will move and destroy the NK military faster---get it???!!!???
he says they are going to use their military might against Seoul instead of the attacking military force???
yeah--he's a smart guy

you know I see this crap in other forums.......you think the US and SK will be like snowmen--just sitting there doing nothing
It won't be quick enough to stop NK from flattening Seoul first.

The artillery would be neutralized quick, and from what I read the flattening of Seoul just isn't possible

How?

Sure did. How many murkin flags have you seen there ? OH wait...Do you even have a passport ?
If i go to your house and kick the shit out of you on your own front lawn, are you going to say you won the fight if i dont also take your house away from you? :laugh:

Thats what Americans do. We kick the shit out of our enemies every damn time! Our record is perfect. Undefeated, bitch. You just hate us cuz you aint us. :fu:

Last edited:
We wouldn't lose
N Korea lacks the economy for a sustained conflict

But we may not like the casualties
They don´t need that economy. A look at the geography and it is clear it is them who set the rules of the war.
War = $$$$$$
Only for the US. The US lost in Vietnam and they would lose in North Korea. The mountains, the tunnels, millions of soldiers. The first Korea war is a good example for that the destruction of the cities by heavy bombings will not win the war, particularly now as the North Koreans are prepared for the US warfare.
Nothing a few billion cubic feet of nerve gas wouldn't fix.

They won their country
Was it worth 60,000 dead to try to stop them?

The South Koreans alone should be able to handle the poorly equipped masses of the North KOreans.

Are troops are stationed there to show that we are willing to fight CHINA, if it comes to that.
While the numbers may be close, South Korea is vastly superior in their modern equipment, training, air power and quality of their forces

Kim Jong Un is counting on his ability to give them a bloody nose as a deterrent to fighting

Primarily by the threat of his artillery to Seoul.

The South Koreans were stupid to not have moved their capital.
Hard to do

Easier to keep the peace

Not really hard to do, if they had started 50 years agol

And keeping the peace would be nerve racking if Kim had less leve, age.
Given the threat, I would imagine Seoul has underground bunkers to withstand bombardment

I would imagine that generations of short sighted politicians, never looked past their immediate political advantage and set their nation up with a big freaking problem to be dealt with by some one else, once they were safely dead.

I think if things get heated between North Korea and the US every other country should declare war on whoever fires first.
Exactly
That is what a standoff does

Keeps both sides on their side of the line

Un-fucking believable.

yeah--he's a smart guy

Sure, I have no doubt that we would locate and destroy their thousands of artillery pieces at a very nice rate.

Possibly effectively ending it in a matter of weeks, maybe even days.

The death toll might only be in the tens of thousands.

They won their country
Was it worth 60,000 dead to try to stop them?

They already had their country, North Vietnam.

They won the right to invade and conquer South Vietnam.

Was that really worth it to them? Did they really need to lose millions of people so that they didn't have to have a capitalist neighbor?

Un-fucking believable.

yeah--he's a smart guy

Sure, I have no doubt that we would locate and destroy their thousands of artillery pieces at a very nice rate.

Easily tens of thousands
Our retaliation would kill hundreds of thousands

Un-fucking believable.

yeah--he's a smart guy

Easily tens of thousands

Which makes up for the dead not at all.

Un-fucking believable.

yeah--he's a smart guy

Easily tens of thousands

That is the point
Neither side wants the casualties and is content with a stand-off
It has worked for 65 years

Only Trump insists on poking Leedle Rocket Man with a stick

yeah--he's a smart guy

Easily tens of thousands

That is the point
Neither side wants the casualties and is content with a stand-off
It has worked for 65 years

Only Trump insists on poking Leedle Rocket Man with a stick

Hey, it was your side screaming for more aggressive foreign policy, not mine, and especially not me.

I asked libs why they wanted more action from some one they claimed they considered incompetent, but got no real answer.

Forum List

Back