'The US isn't an option anymore': why California's immigrants are heading back to Mexico

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
So..some silver lining to the Pandemic?

"...But they couldn’t stand the uncertainty. So, the grandmother, mom and two young children instead relocated across the southern border. The kids, both US citizens, are still able to cross the border to attend school.
“It’s not even that the country is not welcoming any more, it’s just not an option any more,” said Gallegos. “I hear that all the time from people here, and from friends and family in other countries.”
Javier Lua Figureo moved back to his home town in Michoacán, Mexico, three years ago, after living and working in California for a dozen years. Since the pandemic hit, several of his friends and family members have followed his lead, he said.

“Things aren’t perfect in Mexico,” Figureo said in Spanish. But at least there’s access to healthcare, and some unemployment benefits for those who need it, he added. “In comparison to what it was in the US, the situation for us in Mexico right now is much better.”"

So..some silver lining to the Pandemic?

"...But they couldn’t stand the uncertainty. So, the grandmother, mom and two young children instead relocated across the southern border. The kids, both US citizens, are still able to cross the border to attend school.
“It’s not even that the country is not welcoming any more, it’s just not an option any more,” said Gallegos. “I hear that all the time from people here, and from friends and family in other countries.”
Javier Lua Figureo moved back to his home town in Michoacán, Mexico, three years ago, after living and working in California for a dozen years. Since the pandemic hit, several of his friends and family members have followed his lead, he said.

“Things aren’t perfect in Mexico,” Figureo said in Spanish. But at least there’s access to healthcare, and some unemployment benefits for those who need it, he added. “In comparison to what it was in the US, the situation for us in Mexico right now is much better.”"
typical MSM bullshit--all the little nazis believe that shit =
they are NOT anti-immigrant policies= that's bullshit lies....common sense/protect America policies

Last edited:
and devastated some of the industries that rely on immigrant labor,

It's as I said, get rid of the jobs and they leave.
Yeah thats so much better than just enforcing the law

Ending the jobs would be enforcing the laws. No one is doing that.
Very little effort on front side, keeping them out and deporting. No jobs need ending.

Obviously as long as the jobs are here they will come. When they are not they leave. Odd You would argue for enforcing our laws and then slink away when the discussion revolves around enforcing our laws.

Very little effort on front side, keeping them out and deporting. No jobs need ending.

Obviously as long as the jobs are here they will come. When they are not they leave. Odd You would argue for enforcing our laws and then slink away when the discussion revolves around enforcing our laws.
Have no problem targeting employers. Cant be argued though libs try to handcuff any border enforcement......now avoid that again,,,,

Whatever works..and cheap labor is what fuels illegal immigration..sorry you don't get to revel in some sort of ideological victory dance....LOL!

Have no problem targeting employers. Cant be argued though libs try to handcuff any border enforcement......now avoid that again,,,,

It has nothing to do with anything. As long as the jobs are here they will come. Nothing we do at the borders will stop that. The jobs not being there will though.

But you obviously do have a problem with targeting employers.

Whatever works..and cheap labor is what fuels illegal immigration..sorry you don't get to revel in some sort of ideological victory dance....LOL!
Yeah the constant attempts by libs to hamstring border enforcement has nothing to do with it......some fine propo ya got

It has nothing to do with anything. As long as the jobs are here they will come. Nothing we do at the borders will stop that. The jobs not being there will though.

Repeating your lie doesnt make it true dumbass........go ahead and perp walk your buds.......you wont though cause youre all talk

Yeah the constant attempts by libs to hamstring border enforcement has nothing to do with it......some fine propo ya got

That has NOTHING to do with my argument. You want to condemn one aspect as opposed to the elephant in the room. Employers.

Repeating your lie doesnt make it true dumbass........go ahead and perp walk your buds.......you wont though cause youre all talk

I've argued for it for years. My buds? I believe they should be sent to prison and have their jobs bankrupted with huge fines.

Agreed. Both sides like cheap labor..as many segments of our economy actually depend on it. Consumers like the cheap prices derived from it...and politicians love to rail against it.
If we actually surge to the border..before the economy recovers...there will be much whining as those affected industries and markets miss their labor force.

Give the illegals left..the ones with good work records..a path to legalization--and freeze out the rest..net gain for US.

In fact..your snarky comment is correct --libs trying to 'hamstring' border enforcement..have very little to do with it..as most who study the issue know.

Agreed. Both sides like cheap labor..as many segments of our economy actually depend on it. Consumers like the cheap prices derived from it...and politicians love to rail against it.
If we actually surge to the border..before the economy recovers...there will be much whining as those affected industries and markets miss their labor force.

Give the illegals left..the ones with good work records..a path to legalization--and freeze out the rest..net gain for US.

That won't happen because if they are made legal, they get wage protections. So we will allow them to stream back in because that is what the businesses want after things pick back up.

Not really odd, just hypocritical.

Forum List

Back