The US Flag Is Now School Contraband

The school admin is probably saving the kid from getting his ass kicked. Of course, his parents are probably too stupid to realize that.

"Probably"? So, you don't actually know.... you're just speculating and deciding what happened? Oh dear.

"'Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want.
'We want them to appreciate the cultures.'
The teenagers parents said he flies the flag from his bike as a tribute to service veterans in his family.
His father Robert Kisner said: 'He's got that flag on his bike because he's proud of where he comes from.'

Read more: Student, 13, told to remove Stars and Stripes from his bike... to avoid 'racial tensions' with other pupils | Mail Online

You forgot this part from your quote! ;)
Denair School District Superintendent Edward Parraz has reacted by banning all flag displays by students

So, really the admin is trying to protect the students after incidents last year.

The school admin is probably saving the kid from getting his ass kicked. Of course, his parents are probably too stupid to realize that.

"Probably"? So, you don't actually know.... you're just speculating and deciding what happened? Oh dear.

It's a knee jerk reaction based upon the worship of Moral Equivalence.

The kid is a victim of somebody else's bad decision, so he must be made out to be equally guilty.

from JB's link!
Parraz said the campus has recently experienced some racial tension. He said some students got out of hand on Cinco de Mayo.

Parraz said if a disruption arises over a flag, they want it to be taken down to protect the safety of all students]

I guess I was right, they are trying to protect the students! :eek: The humanity!

Last edited:

The kid is a victim of somebody else's bad decision, so he must be made out to be equally guilty.

Show me where I said he was equally quilty?
Do I think his parents are getting outraged over something stupid, and over his school trying to protect him? Yes
What would you say if the kid got beat up for flying the flag? I bet you would be outraged, and blame the same schoool for not doing anything.

from JB's link!
Parraz said the campus has recently experienced some racial tension. He said some students got out of hand on Cinco de Mayo.

Parraz said if a disruption arises over a flag, they want it to be taken down to protect the safety of all students]
I guess I was right, they are trying to protect the students! :eek: The humanity!

So... they're afraid of race riots?

Do I think his parents are getting outraged over something stupid, and over his school trying to protect him? Yes
What would you say if the kid got beat up for flying the flag? I bet you would be outraged, and blame the same schoool for not doing anything.

"Saving his ass from getting kicked" positions the kids as being an ungrateful little weakling and hypocrite for daring to question the Dictats of the School Hemony.

Attacking the kids is a Cheap Shot.

it's not about it being racist. it's about them having racial tensions at the school and trying to keep them tamped down. i think they went overboard. but honestly? i think flying a flag from one's bike is silly and you have to ask why the kid is doing it.

Why do you have to ask why the kid is doing it? Do we now have to have an acceptable reason to fly the flag? And, if so, who decides what reason is acceptable?

We actually need to argue about that now...

reflect on that fact

"Saving his ass from getting kicked" positions the kids as being an ungrateful little weakling and hypocrite for daring to question the Dictats of the School Hemony.

Attacking the kids is a Cheap Shot.

No, going to the news media and making this issue more than it is, is a cheap shot. It is quite clear the school is trying to protect the child, but of course the parents have no clue.

I got a little suspicious as soon as I did the google search. :lol:
Especially when the other articles are all quoting Michelle Malkin or Fox News. So, we will see. :lol:

well, it's their usual 'we're more american than you are' fake patriot thing.

there's clearly a lot more going on here. but it's not like that matters to the pretend patriots
You sicken me

While you sicken the rest of us.

it's not about it being racist. it's about them having racial tensions at the school and trying to keep them tamped down. i think they went overboard. but honestly? i think flying a flag from one's bike is silly and you have to ask why the kid is doing it.

:wtf:

Uh I dunno. Maybe because he is a kid.

Fuck'n a...

or maybe because when he goes home, his parents scream about the f'ing mexicans???

just sayin'

a "kid" puts a sticker on his bike. no?

Yes... there's no way he could peel a sticker- let alone put a flag up.

we're talking about a scout-age boy. A thirteen-year-old.

Not everyone is as stupid as you seem to be.

Yeah, the first amendment is ridiculously stupid. :rolleyes:

I'd be outraged that the school didn't do more about the people that beat him up.

well, it's their usual 'we're more american than you are' fake patriot thing.

there's clearly a lot more going on here. but it's not like that matters to the pretend patriots
You sicken me

While you sicken the rest of us.
Yes... the partisan 'tard who thinks it must be wrong because it's on Fox, doesn't know how to use MSNBC's search box, and stands beside Jillian in demanding a reason for our youth to have a U.S. flag on their bike.... is sickened...

hmmm....

I'll let you know if your opinion ever starts to matter.

If taken at face value it seem the school is incredibly dumb, however since this is from Hot Air I simply don't trust that the whole story is being told.

Forum List

Back