The upcoming Republican "Extreme - Moderate" Civil War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rdean, Sep 4, 2010.

1. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,019
    Republicans are missing the big picture.

Say they do win the Senate and the House. They will probably also win a majority of Governorships. And state legislator slots.

Look at how far right wing extreme Tea Baggers have been beating moderate Republican candidates. Can you imagine them working together?

Joe Miller
    Sharon Angle
    Rand Paul
    and others

Some things they've proposed:

Shutting down the government
    Ending Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid
    Outlawing all abortion, even when raped
    Ending unemployment benefits
    Ending all corporate taxes
    Deregulating Wall Street
    Deregulating the EPA and OSHA even more

Can you imagine main stream Republicans working with these crackpots? What kind of legislation they most likely want to push?

At first, I was thinking about the disaster the Republicans brought for 8 years under Bush, but with real far right extremists actually IN congress, the entertainment possibilities are endless.

And as far as governors. For example, look at Carly (oh that hair is SO last year) Fiorina. As chief of Hewlett Packard, she fired 18 THOUSAND workers and moved those jobs to China. Everything she touched was a disaster. The day she was forced out, the companies stock went up 7%. Imagine the possibilities as Governor of California. Couldn't ya just die?

So some may see this as "disaster" for the Democratic Party and for the Country, but I think the situation may be "fraught" with humor.

I'm not going to post quotes from the extreme Tea Baggers. If people want to know, they will go look them up. The newly FAR right is so extreme, no one would believe me anyway.

I suspect the "war" isn't going to be between Democrats and Republicans, but between Republican moderates and the extreme far right. Can't wait. I almost want them to win.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,085
    It sounds like you're resigning yourself to a take over, and getting a head start on how to spin it. Way to be proactive.:clap2::lol:

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,019
    Moderate Republicans took over after Clinton and look at what we ended up with. Wars, depression, a ruined economy, a divided country. It's not like they could do worse.

4. Trajan

Trajan conscientia mille testes

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,756
    I'd actually like to respond, becasue its an interesting topic, but you have taken their positions at face value and totally devoid of context or explanation....your "Some things they've proposed" is extreme views of what they have said.

And your flip remark on Fiorina is inaccurate as to "everything she touched was a disaster"... no actually thats far from the truth, unless of course you want to pigeon hole it into your own meager viewpoint.

Pass.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  5. Sherry

Sherry You're not the boss of me Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,085
    Careful....things could always be worse.

6. The Rabbi

The Rabbi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,215
    RDean is the idiot brother of Jake Starkey. Or vice versa.

First they complain the GOP has no new ideas. Then they complain the GOP has new ideas. No winning here.

The truth is the party is experiencing a very long needed self examination as to what it is and what it stands for. The old bulls who were around when Bush was president are getting slammed for their lack of adherence to principle. The young Turks are trying out new ideas. This is long overdue for the party and a sign of intellectual ferment and good health.
    The Dems. Well, they can run on the idea that it was all Bush's fault.

7. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    6% of scientists are republicans.

But no facepalm this time.

right now the Republicans are energised about pushing back the Democrats. All of them. Intra party catfights always happen, so this will be nothing new. But the catfights will have to wait after they have taken care of business, which will be to gerrymander the democrats into oblivion, and repeal 0bamacare.

8. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,204
    That's your problem rdean. You're looking at a purely political game here. Many of us are done playing the political game.

We have much higher goals.

9. Vel

Vel Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914

Psssst.. Imagine how much more credible this post would be if you'd figured out that Carly Fiorina is not running for governor of California. Try bashing Meg Whitman next.

10. shintao

shintao Take Down ~ Tap Out

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Good points. The tea Party are using the strategy of running as the RNC vehicle, but that is where the romance ends, and thus forcing the republicans out of control. Good strategy!! Splitting the RNC vote will only keep Dems in office.