The unsustainability of "green" energy

The prices are coming down. Plus, you have to add the massive amounts of pollution that fossil fuel fired power plants emit. Doesn't that bother you?

Oh goody. Fro $35,000 for the energy equivalent of a AAA battery to $30,000. What a reason to get giddy. And your "pollution" claim is comical. Does real pollution bother me? Sure. Which is why I genuinely love the idea of clean, renewable energy. But this is where the idiocy of the liberal ideology gets really comical. Most of the "pollution" that you people cry about is CO2. Well...CO2 is what plants live off of (like we live off of oxygen). The moment you rid the world of CO2, all plants will immediately die (and plants give off the oxygen we need). There is nothing better for the plants you tree-huggers literally shed tears over than CO2.

The problem with the libtard ideology is that it assumes everything occurs in a vacuum. There is no cause and effect. There is simple action A with no results from that. A great example is the wind turbines. Liberals are all frothy over how wonderful they are for the environment. You know what they are doing for the environment? Killing birds at an alarming rate. I thought you people were trying to preserve nature?!?

US windfarms kill 10-20 times more than previously thought

Same thing with solar panels. You know what solar farms are doing? Killing all plant life beneath them since everything below the sea of panels sits in shade all day. Plants need sun for photosynthesis. So again - I thought you people were trying to preserve nature?!?

Somewhere out there is the answer to all of our problems (I recently saw "Kinetic Wave Power" here which looks like an awesome solution) but unless one of those problems is one of the 18 enumerated powers of the federal government, the solutions damn well better come from the private sector. Period. It's the law.
Like I said, a company is working on solar shingles for your house, which will be awesome. You can keep paying the electric company if you want, I'm sure they'll still take your money.
"Killing all plant life beneath them", that's pretty funny, so I guess extracting all the coal and the land that the generating plant sit on down take up any land that your plants could grow on. Man, that's really dumb, even for you. :D
And how the frick does mining coal kill plants?!? You do realize that coal is in mines and underground (where there are no plants).
A lot of coal mining these days is open pit mining, anyways even underground, the coal plant's footprint killed a hell of a lot of plant life. Much bigger than a solar farm, that's for sure. Then throw in the generating plant? It's no contest, you lose.

Like I said, a company is working on solar shingles for your house, which will be awesome. You can keep paying the electric company if you want, I'm sure they'll still take your money.

Great. And when they develop that to the point where I can run my home without dropping tens of thousands of dollars and without the government funding them, then I'm all in. Until that time, this is just another immature libtard fantasy. You're all a bunch of immature idealists - not willing to accept reality or work within the law.
No, when solar shingles will be developed, you can't have any. Or are you a hypocrite who is against it until he's for it?

Great. And when they develop that to the point where I can run my home without dropping tens of thousands of dollars and without the government funding them, then I'm all in. Until that time, this is just another immature libtard fantasy. You're all a bunch of immature idealists - not willing to accept reality or work within the law.
No, when solar shingles will be developed, you can't have any. Or are you a hypocrite who is against it until he's for it?
No...I've been very consistent junior. When it's properly developed in the private sector to the point it's a viable option, I'm all in. See, that's how the free market works. I wouldn't expect a fascist idealist to understand though.

The prices are coming down. Plus, you have to add the massive amounts of pollution that fossil fuel fired power plants emit. Doesn't that bother you?

Oh goody. Fro $35,000 for the energy equivalent of a AAA battery to $30,000. What a reason to get giddy. And your "pollution" claim is comical. Does real pollution bother me? Sure. Which is why I genuinely love the idea of clean, renewable energy. But this is where the idiocy of the liberal ideology gets really comical. Most of the "pollution" that you people cry about is CO2. Well...CO2 is what plants live off of (like we live off of oxygen). The moment you rid the world of CO2, all plants will immediately die (and plants give off the oxygen we need). There is nothing better for the plants you tree-huggers literally shed tears over than CO2.

The problem with the libtard ideology is that it assumes everything occurs in a vacuum. There is no cause and effect. There is simple action A with no results from that. A great example is the wind turbines. Liberals are all frothy over how wonderful they are for the environment. You know what they are doing for the environment? Killing birds at an alarming rate. I thought you people were trying to preserve nature?!?

Same thing with solar panels. You know what solar farms are doing? Killing all plant life beneath them since everything below the sea of panels sits in shade all day. Plants need sun for photosynthesis. So again - I thought you people were trying to preserve nature?!?

Somewhere out there is the answer to all of our problems (I recently saw "Kinetic Wave Power" here which looks like an awesome solution) but unless one of those problems is one of the 18 enumerated powers of the federal government, the solutions damn well better come from the private sector. Period. It's the law.
"Killing all plant life beneath them", that's pretty funny, so I guess extracting all the coal and the land that the generating plant sit on down take up any land that your plants could grow on. Man, that's really dumb, even for you. :D
And how the frick does mining coal kill plants?!? You do realize that coal is in mines and underground (where there are no plants).
A lot of coal mining these days is open pit mining, anyways even underground, the coal plant's footprint killed a hell of a lot of plant life. Much bigger than a solar farm, that's for sure. Then throw in the generating plant? It's no contest, you lose.
You're technologies are killing birds and plant life, create next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. It's no contest. You lose.

That's the problem, we must increase the use of fossil fuels to build solar and wind power. So weak is solar and wind, forever we must increase the manufacturing, all day, all night, forever. Even now we have begun replacing older solar and wind that are failing, so along with new construction we have replacements to manufacture.

Solar and Wind are proven failures, your technological breakthrough is to build them bigger, and to build more.

Yes I care about pollution, now account for yours.

That's the problem, we must increase the use of fossil fuels to build solar and wind power. So weak is solar and wind, forever we must increase the manufacturing, all day, all night, forever. Even now we have begun replacing older solar and wind that are failing, so along with new construction we have replacements to manufacture.

Solar and Wind are proven failures, your technological breakthrough is to build them bigger, and to build more.

At the end of the day, it is simply not a viable solution at this point. In 2085, it will probably be some pretty good stuff. But right now, it's killing America. It's costing us a fortune in illegal/unconstitutional tax dollars and it's causing energy prices to skyrocket.

You're technologies are killing birds and plant life, create next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. It's no contest. You lose.
Unfortunately, you had already lost. Please try again.

I own 60 acres of forested land around my house that pulls out way more pollution out of the air than I can ever hope to create.

I own 60 acres of forested land around my house that pulls out way more pollution out of the air than I can ever hope to create.

What kinds of pollution are your trees pulling out of the air?

At the end of the day, it is simply not a viable solution at this point. In 2085, it will probably be some pretty good stuff. But right now, it's killing America. It's costing us a fortune in illegal/unconstitutional tax dollars and it's causing energy prices to skyrocket.
In 2085 Solar and Wind will still need Oil to be built, in 2085 everything else will probably be some pretty good stuff, hence you will never need Solar and Wind power. The gap in performance will never close.

Unless you buy Solar Panels, then the damage is done, then you burnt Coal and used Oil that never would of been used.

Fucking hell dude, you've really got some problems don't you?

You want to make an argument, you either make it, or you don't. Don't come here trying to play some silly teenager type quiz.

Look, my dad's car is bigger than your dad's car. My dad's cock is bigger than your dad's cock. And.....

Oh, forget it, go away and come back when you've grown up.
Sorry I challenged you to support your opinion. In the future I will simply let you dictate what is suppose to be fact. But, you certainly did throw a nice cry baby tantrum when I played your own game.

You are pathetic. Your retort was hardly, grown up.

How about in future I just stick you on the ignore list? You don't bring anything to these debates.

Unless you buy Solar Panels, then the damage is done, then you burnt Coal and used Oil that never would of been used.
All my electricity comes from hydro power, so I don't use coal for anything. As for the gas in my car, my 60 acres pulls out way more pollution that I put in.

In 2085 Solar and Wind will still need Oil to be built, in 2085 everything else will probably be some pretty good stuff, hence you will never need Solar and Wind power. The gap in performance will never close.
You have no idea what will be in 70 years, stop fooling yourself.

What kinds of pollution are your trees pulling out of the air?
Geez, people around here sure can be dumb sometimes. Look it up, fool.

You're technologies are killing birds and plant life, create next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. It's no contest. You lost the moment you decided to eschew reality in favor of absurd liberal idealism.

You have no idea what will be in 70 years, stop fooling yourself.
Well at the rate the failed "green" technology is being developed, we know that it still won't be ready in 70 years...

Right? Here you sit fully supporting a failed energy solution which is killing birds, killing plant life, creating next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. People around here sure can be dumb sometimes.

You're technologies are killing birds and plant life, create next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. It's no contest. You lost the moment you decided to eschew reality in favor of absurd liberal idealism.
Green technologies are heading in the right direction environment-wise, price-wise and in sustainability. Fossil fuels are simply running out. What then?

Right? Here you sit fully supporting a failed energy solution which is killing birds, killing plant life, creating next to zero energy, and cost an ungodly amount of money. People around here sure can be dumb sometimes.
Dumbest. Thread. Ever.

Guess who the OP is? :lol:

Forum List

Back