The unsustainability of "green" energy

No. I'm saying you're attempting to make an argument and doing a very bad job of it.
Then tell us what happened in Brazil and Venezuela, regarding hydroelectric power.

Fucking hell dude, you've really got some problems don't you?

You want to make an argument, you either make it, or you don't. Don't come here trying to play some silly teenager type quiz.

Look, my dad's car is bigger than your dad's car. My dad's cock is bigger than your dad's cock. And.....

Oh, forget it, go away and come back when you've grown up.

Fucking hell dude, you've really got some problems don't you?

You want to make an argument, you either make it, or you don't. Don't come here trying to play some silly teenager type quiz.

Look, my dad's car is bigger than your dad's car. My dad's cock is bigger than your dad's cock. And.....

Oh, forget it, go away and come back when you've grown up.
Sorry I challenged you to support your opinion. In the future I will simply let you dictate what is suppose to be fact. But, you certainly did throw a nice cry baby tantrum when I played your own game.

You are pathetic. Your retort was hardly, grown up.

Don't get me wrong - "green" energy is a great concept. But so is cold fusion, automobiles that run on water, and a world without wars. Unfortunately, all of them are absurd pipe-dreams at this time.

The problem with "green" energy is the cost/benefit ratio. You have to spend millions of dollars to get the energy equivalent of a AAA battery (I'm exaggerating obviously but sadly not by a whole lot). Which makes it an unsustainable business venture. The federal government illegally invested half a billion dollars into Solyndra and they still went bankrupt.

Now, the world's largest renewable energy developer is also on the verge of bankruptcy as well. The government needs to get out of the green energy business and allow the private sector to fund all research and development. We're $19 trillion in debt because of illegal nonsense like that, and we can't afford to keep betting on a loser. Some day, technology will advance to the point where green energy will be a viable and brilliant solution. But that time is not now and pumping billions of dollars a year for over 4 decades now has yielded no ROI (and even if it had, it is still unconstitutional and that is all that matters).

World's largest renewable energy developer on verge of bankruptcy
Please get your head out of the sand for a minute so that I can explain it to you: Renewable energies, just like fusion, need to be developed more, because that's the future. You're like the guy who was at Kitty Hawk, and when the Wright brothers only flew a short distance, you said "that sucked, what a waste of time!". Ok, now you can stick your head back in the sand. :D

Don't get me wrong - "green" energy is a great concept. But so is cold fusion, automobiles that run on water, and a world without wars. Unfortunately, all of them are absurd pipe-dreams at this time.

The problem with "green" energy is the cost/benefit ratio. You have to spend millions of dollars to get the energy equivalent of a AAA battery (I'm exaggerating obviously but sadly not by a whole lot). Which makes it an unsustainable business venture. The federal government illegally invested half a billion dollars into Solyndra and they still went bankrupt.

Now, the world's largest renewable energy developer is also on the verge of bankruptcy as well. The government needs to get out of the green energy business and allow the private sector to fund all research and development. We're $19 trillion in debt because of illegal nonsense like that, and we can't afford to keep betting on a loser. Some day, technology will advance to the point where green energy will be a viable and brilliant solution. But that time is not now and pumping billions of dollars a year for over 4 decades now has yielded no ROI (and even if it had, it is still unconstitutional and that is all that matters).

Please get your head out of the sand for a minute so that I can explain it to you: Renewable energies, just like fusion, need to be developed more, because that's the future. You're like the guy who was at Kitty Hawk, and when the Wright brothers only flew a short distance, you said "that sucked, what a waste of time!". Ok, now you can stick your head back in the sand. :D
Renewables have failed the last 40 years, we have funded the research, the price of which we are not told. Hundreds of billions? But the fact is, there will not be a technological breakthrough with Windmills, there is only so much you can do with propellers. Solar, it is so weak now that even if it was improved, it would still be weak.

Wind and solar are simply weak sources for power.

Renewables have failed the last 40 years, we have funded the research, the price of which we are not told. Hundreds of billions? But the fact is, there will not be a technological breakthrough with Windmills, there is only so much you can do with propellers. Solar, it is so weak now that even if it was improved, it would still be weak.

And expensive. You forgot outrageously expensive. I can drop $30,000 for the energy equivalent of a AAA battery or I can spend $0.30 to run my entire home for a day. Only a idiot would struggle with this one....

Dude....I don't disagree with that at all. So you know what the Wright brothers and other people did? They continued to develop the airplane without government funding. Do the same thing with "green" technology and I will be behind you 100%. Keep spending my tax dollars illegally on that shit, and I'll do everything in my power to sabotage those efforts. I'll vote for anyone who promises to defund it. I'll support anything fossil fuels.

I love the concept of renewable energy. I really do. But this government subsidized stuff is pure, unadulterated bullshit. It's costing us hundreds of billions in tax dollars and at the same time it's causing all of our energy prices to skyrocket. Completely unacceptable - especially considering it is unconstitutional.

Like I said, all the renewables need more development. But they work, and will work even better if they keep working on it. As for government help, well, if we take the airplane again as an example, governments on both sides in WWI and WWII pumped tons of money into developing airplanes, like the jet, which was developed by the Nazis near the end of the war...
And some companies have been experimenting with solar shingles for your house, which is a very good idea, free power! What's not to like?

Dude....I don't disagree with that at all. So you know what the Wright brothers and other people did? They continued to develop the airplane without government funding. Do the same thing with "green" technology and I will be behind you 100%. Keep spending my tax dollars illegally on that shit, and I'll do everything in my power to sabotage those efforts. I'll vote for anyone who promises to defund it. I'll support anything fossil fuels.

I love the concept of renewable energy. I really do. But this government subsidized stuff is pure, unadulterated bullshit. It's costing us hundreds of billions in tax dollars and at the same time it's causing all of our energy prices to skyrocket. Completely unacceptable - especially considering it is unconstitutional.
"They continued to develop the airplane without government funding."
If we take the airplane as an example, governments on both sides in WWI and WWII pumped tons of money into developing airplanes, like the jet, which was developed by the Nazis near the end of the war...
And government subsidies in the aerospace business are still plentiful today.

And expensive. You forgot outrageously expensive. I can drop $30,000 for the energy equivalent of a AAA battery or I can spend $0.30 to run my entire home for a day. Only a idiot would struggle with this one....
The prices are coming down. Plus, you have to add the massive amounts of pollution that fossil fuel fired power plants emit. Doesn't that bother you?

If we take the airplane as an example, governments on both sides in WWI and WWII pumped tons of money into developing airplanes, like the jet, which was developed by the Nazis near the end of the war...

Nice try...but that's completely false and you know it. The U.S. government did not invest in "airplanes". They did develop fighter jets for military applications. Guess what - the people do not travel from California to Florida in fighter jets.

Want to talk about "head in the sand"? You're so unaware of the facts and history of it that you don't even realize that Jimmy Carter had "solar panels" paced on the White House during his administration. Ronald Reagan had them removed because they cost way more than they produced. Solar panels have been around for over 40 years with nearly zero advancements. More than 40 years after the Wright brothers first flight, planes had dramatically improved.

Ok...you can place your head back in the liberal sand now junior.

Want to talk about "head in the sand"? You're so unaware of the facts and history of it that you don't even realize that Jimmy Carter had "solar panels" paced on the White House during his administration. Ronald Reagan had them removed because they cost way more than they produced. Solar panels have been around for over 40 years with nearly zero advancements. More than 40 years after the Wright brothers first flight, planes had dramatically improved.

Brah, stop living in the past, without new innovations for power, the lights will eventually go off. Maybe not in your lifetime, but the fossil fuels can't last forever. Government money helps accelerate those new products, just like with the airplane. And anyways, the oil and gas business gets government subsidies as well, so wtf are you talking about anyways?

The prices are coming down. Plus, you have to add the massive amounts of pollution that fossil fuel fired power plants emit. Doesn't that bother you?

Oh goody. Fro $35,000 for the energy equivalent of a AAA battery to $30,000. What a reason to get giddy. And your "pollution" claim is comical. Does real pollution bother me? Sure. Which is why I genuinely love the idea of clean, renewable energy. But this is where the idiocy of the liberal ideology gets really comical. Most of the "pollution" that you people cry about is CO2. Well...CO2 is what plants live off of (like we live off of oxygen). The moment you rid the world of CO2, all plants will immediately die (and plants give off the oxygen we need). There is nothing better for the plants you tree-huggers literally shed tears over than CO2.

The problem with the libtard ideology is that it assumes everything occurs in a vacuum. There is no cause and effect. There is simple action A with no results from that. A great example is the wind turbines. Liberals are all frothy over how wonderful they are for the environment. You know what they are doing for the environment? Killing birds at an alarming rate. I thought you people were trying to preserve nature?!?

US windfarms kill 10-20 times more than previously thought

Same thing with solar panels. You know what solar farms are doing? Killing all plant life beneath them since everything below the sea of panels sits in shade all day. Plants need sun for photosynthesis. So again - I thought you people were trying to preserve nature?!?

Somewhere out there is the answer to all of our problems (I recently saw "Kinetic Wave Power" here which looks like an awesome solution) but unless one of those problems is one of the 18 enumerated powers of the federal government, the solutions damn well better come from the private sector. Period. It's the law.

Brah, stop living in the past, without new innovations for power, the lights will eventually go off. Maybe not in your lifetime, but the fossil fuels can't last forever. Government money helps accelerate those new products, just like with the airplane. And anyways, the oil and gas business gets government subsidies as well, so wtf are you talking about anyways?

And anyways, the oil and gas business gets government subsidies as well

Any details on this claim?

Nice try...but that's completely false and you know it. The U.S. government did not invest in "airplanes". They did develop fighter jets for military applications. Guess what - the people do not travel from California to Florida in fighter jets.
The jet airplane was invented by the Nazis towards the end of WWII. Commercial jet airliners come from that.

Oh goody. Fro $35,000 for the energy equivalent of a AAA battery to $30,000. What a reason to get giddy. And your "pollution" claim is comical. Does real pollution bother me? Sure. Which is why I genuinely love the idea of clean, renewable energy. But this is where the idiocy of the liberal ideology gets really comical. Most of the "pollution" that you people cry about is CO2. Well...CO2 is what plants live off of (like we live off of oxygen). The moment you rid the world of CO2, all plants will immediately die (and plants give off the oxygen we need). There is nothing better for the plants you tree-huggers literally shed tears over than CO2.

The problem with the libtard ideology is that it assumes everything occurs in a vacuum. There is no cause and effect. There is simple action A with no results from that. A great example is the wind turbines. Liberals are all frothy over how wonderful they are for the environment. You know what they are doing for the environment? Killing birds at an alarming rate. I thought you people were trying to preserve nature?!?

Same thing with solar panels. You know what solar farms are doing? Killing all plant life beneath them since everything below the sea of panels sits in shade all day. Plants need sun for photosynthesis. So again - I thought you people were trying to preserve nature?!?

Somewhere out there is the answer to all of our problems (I recently saw "Kinetic Wave Power" here which looks like an awesome solution) but unless one of those problems is one of the 18 enumerated powers of the federal government, the solutions damn well better come from the private sector. Period. It's the law.
Like I said, a company is working on solar shingles for your house, which will be awesome. You can keep paying the electric company if you want, I'm sure they'll still take your money.
"Killing all plant life beneath them", that's pretty funny, so I guess extracting all the coal and the land that the generating plant sit on down take up any land that your plants could grow on. Man, that's really dumb, even for you. :D

First of all - I vehemently oppose subsidies to the fossil fuel industry (I'm not a liberal, thus I'm not a hypocrite - I apply my views consistently). Second, the fossil fuel industry has been viciously attacked with "regulations" by the Obama Administration with the express purpose of putting them out of business (to force people into green energy solutions since the technology sucks so bad nobody will adopt it of their own free will). Third, our current fossil fuels energy will never run out. Nuclear energy is the cheapest yet most powerful energy source in the world and it's not even a "fossil" fuel harvested from the Earth. It is man made through a scientific process. And the Earth is forever making natural gas, coal, and oil. Of the three of those, the only one that has even the slightest remote chance of running out is oil only because we are using it as such a drastic rate.

If we're going to discuss this, the discussion has to be rooted in reality. I have no interest in science fiction.

Last edited:

Like I said, a company is working on solar shingles for your house, which will be awesome. You can keep paying the electric company if you want, I'm sure they'll still take your money.
"Killing all plant life beneath them", that's pretty funny, so I guess extracting all the coal and the land that the generating plant sit on down take up any land that your plants could grow on. Man, that's really dumb, even for you. :D
And how the frick does mining coal kill plants?!? You do realize that coal is in mines and underground (where there are no plants).

Great. And when they develop that to the point where I can run my home without dropping tens of thousands of dollars and without the government funding them, then I'm all in. Until that time, this is just another immature libtard fantasy. You're all a bunch of immature idealists - not willing to accept reality or work within the law.

Forum List

Back