The universe is an egg and the moon isn't real

Political Junky

Gold Member
May 27, 2009
The flat-earthers are, of course, a joke but they held a conference.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-isnt-real-notes-from-a-flat-earth-conference

Michael Marshall attended the UK’s annual gathering of people who share the unshakeable belief that the Earth is flat

Wed 2 May 2018 14.33 BST

There was the three-hour presentation which contended that the universe is a giant egg. There was the Manchester musician who posited that the Earth is the shape of a diamond. And another who believes that the moon is a projection.

Welcome to the Flat Earth UK Convention, a raucous departure from scientific norms where people are free to believe literally anything.

“When people ask me what I believe, I can’t say that I believe in anything 100%”, Gary John tells the audience during his opening address. “Apart from that we don’t live on a globe”.
<more>

The flat-earthers are, of course, a joke but they held a conference.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-isnt-real-notes-from-a-flat-earth-conference

Michael Marshall attended the UK’s annual gathering of people who share the unshakeable belief that the Earth is flat

Wed 2 May 2018 14.33 BST

There was the three-hour presentation which contended that the universe is a giant egg. There was the Manchester musician who posited that the Earth is the shape of a diamond. And another who believes that the moon is a projection.

Welcome to the Flat Earth UK Convention, a raucous departure from scientific norms where people are free to believe literally anything.

“When people ask me what I believe, I can’t say that I believe in anything 100%”, Gary John tells the audience during his opening address. “Apart from that we don’t live on a globe”.
<more>

What gets me is, people look at the sun and moon and even get a telescope and look at the planets, and what do they see? They see round planets.

My question would have to be, who is lying about the round earth and why?

Anybody know what they think the conspiracy is all about?

What gets me is, people look at the sun and moon and even get a telescope and look at the planets, and what do they see? They see round planets.
Round can still be flat! A flat surface is not required to be square or any other shape.

I believe the earth is a cylinder. Flat-earthers live on the ends, and the rest of us live on the curved part. We can circumnavigate the globe that way ... sort of .... as long as we stay clear of the arctic poles.

Forum List

Back