The United States Seriously Messed Up?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
I love my country and really don't want to live anywhere else. But, there are things happening that seriously bother me and shake my faith in the beauty and future of this land. So, reading the following article increases those worries. :crybaby:

16 Examples That Show The United States Has Become a Seriously Messed up Country

This Michael Snyder from The American Dream presents a chilling case with lots of links to back up his claims. All of them are worthy of consideration. However, who can argue with the following?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/wp...3/Aborted-Baby-Photo-by-drsuparna-460x346.jpg
Abortion is murder.

Read more @ 16 Examples That Show The United States Has Become A Seriously Messed Up Country

What you are witnessing is the moral decay of America from the inside out. It's been a gradual buildup. I disagree with the title of the book on the link - The beginning of the end. I believe the beginning of the end was over 12 years ago and what you are seeing now is the "end of the end." There are two camps. One says America will continue for another 200 years while the other says we've hit the bottom. Surely there is a catastrophic event at hand even now..

So what happens to a nation that is divided such as America? It falls. I don't believe this adminstration is sending armies to come and kill me and my family but I do believe Putin is going to send his armies to destroy America and China & a few communist allies of theirs will join them. Then we'll be left without a govt and an all out war here in which we'll be fending for ourselves.

So what you have to decide is whether to stay or to go. It's a personal decision for each American and I don't condemn those who wish to leave. Many people are quietly moving out of the USA. I think if you are staying you need to realize that we are going to be attacked and invaded by communist natons - led by Russia and China and life will be hell on earth here. I believe in the end we will prevail and then the day of division will be over and the enemy driven back but not without a very long struggle. I doubt we will ever come back to a superpower status.

The author of that piece needs to remember that there are 300 MILLION people in the US and that those are isolated incidents. Sure, they're screwed up but that author and that site is much more screwy.

The author of that piece needs to remember that there are 300 MILLION people in the US and that those are isolated incidents. Sure, they're screwed up but that author and that site is much more screwy.

What do I keep saying? Don't like the message -- attack the messenger. :mad:

What you are witnessing is the moral decay of America from the inside out. It's been a gradual buildup. I disagree with the title of the book on the link - The beginning of the end. I believe the beginning of the end was over 12 years ago and what you are seeing now is the "end of the end." There are two camps. One says America will continue for another 200 years while the other says we've hit the bottom. Surely there is a catastrophic event at hand even now..

So what happens to a nation that is divided such as America? It falls. I don't believe this adminstration is sending armies to come and kill me and my family but I do believe Putin is going to send his armies to destroy America and China & a few communist allies of theirs will join them. Then we'll be left without a govt and an all out war here in which we'll be fending for ourselves.

So what you have to decide is whether to stay or to go. It's a personal decision for each American and I don't condemn those who wish to leave. Many people are quietly moving out of the USA. I think if you are staying you need to realize that we are going to be attacked and invaded by communist natons - led by Russia and China and life will be hell on earth here. I believe in the end we will prevail and then the day of division will be over and the enemy driven back but not without a very long struggle. I doubt we will ever come back to a superpower status.

That's some funny shit Jeremiah. The commies are coming to get us. The sky is falling. Find a rock to hide under. Funny shit.

That's some funny shit Jeremiah. The commies are coming to get us. The sky is falling. Find a rock to hide under. Funny shit.

I don't find anything funny about it. Yes, the communists are coming. You'll wish the sky would fall but it won't. Neither will it be wisking any rapture ready Christians off into the air at the first sign of trouble. I'd suggest praying rather than hiding under a rock but whatever you decide to do - that would be your decision and I respect that. Hiding under a pillow might be a little more comfortable however. :eusa_angel: - Jeri

I love my country and really don't want to live anywhere else. But, there are things happening that seriously bother me and shake my faith in the beauty and future of this land. So, reading the following article increases those worries. :crybaby:

16 Examples That Show The United States Has Become a Seriously Messed up Country

This Michael Snyder from The American Dream presents a chilling case with lots of links to back up his claims. All of them are worthy of consideration. However, who can argue with the following?

http://endoftheamericandream.com/wp...3/Aborted-Baby-Photo-by-drsuparna-460x346.jpg
Abortion is murder.

Read more @ 16 Examples That Show The United States Has Become A Seriously Messed Up Country

While I agree with the sentiment, I find the list supplied rather asinine.

Many are examples of isolated incidents or are taken out of context in a way that makes them rather meaningless.

There are a lot of examples that they could have pulled from that I think are much better and geared more too the breakdown of reason within this nation.

Hell, here in Washington they are now taxing the rain that falls on your land if you own a house. Taxing the rain...

I think that is a display on how absolutely ridiculous and (more importantly) desperate the government has become to control absolutely everything.

This board can provide an excellent microcosm of what has happened, what is happening, to this country: Once an issue --any issue -- becomes politicized, chances that we'll be able to work together to fix the problem essentially drop to zero.

Look at any given thread, any given issue: The problem/issue is tossed out, usually from a hardcore leftwing or hardcore rightwing perspective. Virtually all arguments are black & white, binary, without even a hint of acknowledgment to the value of any opposing arguments in the least.

Next the name-calling and personal insults begin, and then it almost inevitably deteriorates even further into straw man arguments, where the poster puts untrue/absurd words into the mouth of their "opponent" (sure would be nice if we were in this together) for the intellectually dishonest goal of shooting down a point the other person did not make. It's all about ego & narcissism, about "winning" the argument, and not about actually fixing the problem.

Bottom line: Once a problem/issue is identified, and there are few exceptions if any, the narcissists take over the conversation and we may as well forget about any kind of tangible, identifiable progress. Everything becomes either/or, my way or the highway, and any reasonable adult will tell you that's not the way to fix a problem.

The narcissists, the partisan ideologues, are the problem. Far worse, they're the minority yet they make the most noise and as a result have the most influence. I wish they'd find another hobby and allow the adults in the room, the majority, to work together to fix our increasing problems. The ship is sinking and the deckhands are pointing the finger at each other.

Last edited:

Abortion is murder.

Many are examples of isolated incidents or are taken out of context in a way that makes them rather meaningless.

There are a lot of examples that they could have pulled from that I think are much better and geared more too the breakdown of reason within this nation.

Hell, here in Washington they are now taxing the rain that falls on your land if you own a house. Taxing the rain...

I think that is a display on how absolutely ridiculous and (more importantly) desperate the government has become to control absolutely everything.

I agree that the list of supposed indicators is a joke. I disagree that we're in an irrevocable downward spiral. There are plenty of positive indicators all around that do not get the attention.

Change is not necessarily decay. Nor is it necessarily improvement. Changes need to be evaluated.

In the United States the overall crime rate has declined since 1980. The rate of violent crime has declined since 1991.

United States Crime Rates 1960 - 2012

I do not like abortion. It is a gruesome operation. Nevertheless, in their book Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything University of Chicago economist Steven Levitt and New York Times journalist Stephen J. Dubner make a plausible argument that the Roe v. Wade decision of 1973 is a major reason for the decline in violent crime since 1991. They argue that the kind of females most likely to have abortions are also most likely to give birth to boy babies who grow up to become violent street criminals. They are unmarried, and unemployable.

A potential violent street criminal who was aborted in 1974 would have been eighteen in 1992. I am glad that he was unable to rob me at gun point because he was destroyed in the womb.

An additional reason I favor legal abortion is that it has reduced the birth rate. The growth in the human population is a major problem.

I feel a certain amount of distaste for overt expressions of sexual desire between men. Nevertheless, I do not see how homosexual marriage harms me, or society. Homosexuals are not responsible for the fact that heterosexuals have so many divorces and illegitimate children.

Abortion is murder.

I agree that the list of supposed indicators is a joke. I disagree that we're in an irrevocable downward spiral. There are plenty of positive indicators all around that do not get the attention.
Oh, please won't you list several of the plenty for us so that we may give them some attention? Let us see what you think is positive.

Pick some headlines from any century and the news you cite might seem rather trivial. Did you hear about the Civil War? Now there was some serious danger to the survival of the nation. A little perspective may calm your apocalyptic fears.

This frightened a lot of people who considered it "unnatural".

3396910925_847aecfa8d.jpg

The list is very long. Take a deep breath.

True. Nations as divided as America is fall. It's been going on for awhile so it's rather surprising that people are just now realizing how far it has gone. It's a moral decay, believing that the more morally decayed they are the more moral they become. We celebrate murder, of the unborn moving on to anyone who is or has become inconvenient. The population is drifting toward crippling their minds with drugs, and that's okay, what's wrong is to try to stop the drift. Sexual license is to be celebrated. The only error is when someone says no. We have elevated feeling good to the epitome of what humanity should be. No matter what the cost to someone else. So play that knock out game, kill that child, torture that animal, the one who is wrong is the person like the baker or photographer that just doesn't want to participate in public depravity.

You might be afraid of some other stronger nation with a moral fabric. Why? What could some other nation do to us that could possibly be worse than what we are doing to ourselves if we are left to continue as we are?

Oh, please won't you list several of the plenty for us so that we may give them some attention? Let us see what you think is positive.

IGEM for one. Last year 248 High School and collegiate teams synthesized unique microbes. Eventually, this is believed that beneficial microbes can be sent on "search and destroy" missions to find cancer cells or influenza viruses in humans and wipe out the disease from within instead of costly and destructive outer body treatments

Cosmic Queries: Viruses, Outbreaks and Pandemics | StarTalk Radio Show by Neil deGrasse Tyson
About - ung.igem.org

Waiting lists for hybrid vehicles for another. This from the Sierra Club indicates that the waiting list for some models is longer than the waiting lists for organ transplants.
Sierra Club: Waiting List for Hybrid Vehicles Longer Than Wait... -- re> SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif., Oct. 7 /PRNewswire/ --

Cadillac has even gotten back into the game with their ELR model: ELR Electric Hybrid Coupe | Cadillac
It delivers 37mpg

Strictly domestically, plans to cut the Army personnel down to 420,000 soldiers. Since we will likely never face large armies again as we did in WWII (and if we did we could simply draft more soldiers although if faced with such a pronounced foe, triggered enlistments would probably suffice), this makes sense and it seems as though the GOP isn't going to stand in the way of this long-needed measure.

Big budget cuts pose 'tough, tough choices' for Pentagon: Hagel | Reuters

Not only is it saving money now but it will save tens of millions in future spending in the terms of pensions and VA visits.

Dave Ramsey. I went through Financial Peace University some time back and it has been one of the most transformative experiences I am aware of. I often give the cassettes or CD's as gifts each Christmas. The program shows you a step-by-step process to getting out of debt so you can live like no-one else. Steps 1-4 are gold; steps 5-8; not so much. Anyway, I believe that for the majority of Americans, his lessons are starting to sink in as the way to secure your future. Dave Ramsey Homepage - daveramsey.com Anyone who knows Dave and knows my writings can pretty much surmise that our politics are 180 degrees apart. Big deal. The man knows what he is talking about. As a result, my mutual funds are doing great. In a few years (knock on wood), I may be making more in interest income than I am in salary. I still have some credit cards for some expenses and still have a whole life policy which are against his teachings but I have listened to him on most topics and I can testify; it works.

Continued fractionalization of the Republican Party. I will admit this is a partisan "good" sign but the GOP has largely become a regional party that appeals to some of the more regrettable qualities of genus homosapien. The wholesale rejection of science; the fable that control is not the goal of these laws that restrict a woman's reproductive choice, and the win at all costs mentality are probably what we'll miss least about the GOP when it finally crashes and burns. I predict about 20 years more of this charade of viability before it does so.

Abortion is murder.

As already correctly noted, the premise of your thread fails as a hasty generalization fallacy, as the incidents noted are not representative of the Nation as a whole.

Consequently, American is not ‘messed up,’ ‘seriously’ or otherwise.

What do I keep saying? Don't like the message -- attack the messenger. :mad:

Disagree.

This is a theme you and others on the right have pursued since Obama became president, often correctly referred to as the conservative misery, gloom and doom offensive; seeking to contrive the myth that there’s something ‘wrong’ with America and ‘failure’ of the country is imminent, when in fact nothing could be further from the truth.

America is still a great and powerful Nation, a consequence of the genius of its people and their adherence to the rule of law. America is recovering from the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression, more Americans realize greater freedom today than at any time in this Nation’s history, and the best America is yet to come.

Within 20 or 25 years, America will be two or three steps to the left of modern-day France.

Some people will be terribly sad about that, others will rejoice, but that's where we're headed.

Within 20 to 25 years, we’ll look back with embarrassment that gay Americans were not allowed to marry, that immigrants were treated with disdain and abuse, and that we sought to place unwarranted burdens upon citizens’ right to vote.

I don't find anything funny about it. Yes, the communists are coming.

That will be rather problematic given the fact there are no ‘communists,’ at least not as you perceive them.

It’s interesting how you and others on the Christian right also seek to propagate the conservative misery, gloom and doom myth.

Forum List

Back