The United States Of Sudan

sudan

Oct 17, 2012
Life continues to act as an inevitable challenge and an eternal enigma to all countries that are wet behind the ears. No matter how charily a country draws its plans for a triumphant and prosperous future, some internal and external evil forces always manage to set those scenic plans on a dire and paradoxical boardwalk. Greater countries are prone to impose their ideologies on such susceptible and green states and recurrently subject them to oodles of abuses. History is chock-a-block worldwide with such ghastly misdemeanors and transgressions. Similarly, those feeble and victimized states endure analogous afflictions from their own politicians who adopt inapt acts of governance and weird modus operandi of mathematical politics. Accordingly, many people have a propensity for disbelieving what politicians say.

On the other side, academicians are highly cherished as forthright thinkers and decision makers. They base their findings and verdicts on bona fide facts to assert that the result of two plus two is always four. Consequently, people are inclined to express scores of commendations for academicians and they always abide by what they say. Many high-ranking government officials opt for weird political practices that fathom the result of two plus two as five when their negotiations are favorable. The result for the same political mathematical equation may drop down to only “three” when negotiations are inauspicious. In view of those counterfeit political maneuvers, the greater part of the public in underdeveloped countries like Sudan has strong reservations against all sorts of politicians’ proclamation or vows. Contrary to that, the public always respect and show consideration for the scientific findings and decisions of non-political academicians.

I have consciously concocted the aforementioned protracted introduction to pave the path in front of a non-governmental and audacious imitative that I would like to unveil within the precise context of this article. Sudan Vision newspaper has kindly published series of articles that I have written prior to the ostracized separation of southern Sudan. I stoutly condemned in those articles President Obama and the UN’s suspicious roles in persuading our brothers in southern Sudan to get detached from our united country. I continue to live with heartaches ever since the tragic day of separation, yet my hopes towards witnessing the birth of a “United States of Sudan” have never rested, decayed or went to seed. It might be rather futile and belated now to go on blaming the governments of Khartoum and Juba or the International Community for that tragic episode and state of affairs, but it is never too late to persist on launching incessant concepts for reuniting our beloved country.

It is evidently clear that the politicians of Khartoum and Juba have repeatedly failed to bring durable peace and happiness to their people since the loathsome day of separation. The two states have witnessed rainbows of sufferings in all walks of life. Both parties kept on recording infinite chains of economy’s corrosions, controversies, hostilities, begrudges, divergences, indictments, enmity etc. Notwithstanding all the recorded failures, those politicians have never been tired from exercising their wired political mathematics. They have not yet depleted their sleeves from immoral recitals and odd tricks. As previously explained, such wrong political deeds illustrate how academicians remain within the parameters of their moral and honest spheres until they move to the mendacious environments of politics!

In view of the current overwhelming sprit of national dialogues that politicians are engaged in nowadays people should examine the possibility of creating an academicians’ forum. There are categorically vital needs for such a pioneer and nonbiased forum at this crucial political juncture to trounce all eccentric personal motives and hidden agendas. An academicians’ forum is conclusively a prerequisite contraption to ensure the impartiality and neutrality of political decisions at this time. Within the overall scope of this concept, I sincerely call for a formation of a joint Khartoum/Juba academicians’ forum as a genuine advisory mechanism for both governments. I am very confident that the proposed forum would be fair and more effective in highlighting problems and pin pointing scientific solutions to a wide range of our pending political disputes. The forum should comprise of ten persons from the cream of the crop of academicians and elites in each side.

I earnestly invite those interested academicians in Khartoum and Juba to support this proposal. I would personally rummage around for a sponsoring donor to finance this activity and act as a focal body for raising the forum’s findings and recommendations to the authorities in both countries. Moreover, the forum can take off by exploiting means and ways for reuniting Sudan. Priority discussions could aim at examining the merits and demerits of inventing a tailor-made federal or co-federal government’s umbrella that caters for all the demands of the two countries. Once inaugurated, the forum can gradually work its way towards discussing all the hanging political problems that politicians on both sides failed to crack up to now.

I, once again, invite all senior university researchers, consultants and other elites who kept themselves aloof from the political arenas of Khartoum and Juba to respond favorably to this unique proposal. I can state without a shadow of reservations that the members of this forum should have no fears from both governments because this initiative aims at the welfare of the citizens in both countries and it, interalia, represents:

- A sound tool for testing the true margins of democracy in both countries;
- The level of government’s recognition for the unbiased findings and recommendations that impartial academicians present and the degree of politicians willingness to open the door for other responsible figures of the society to participate in solving the political problems of both countries;
- Responsible political confirmation of both countries that the current negotiators do not necessarily represent the sum of brains of the two nations and it is a legitimate right for the top academicians to participate in building the future of their countries.
- Veritable acknowledgement of the fact that the findings and recommendations of proposed elite’s forum do not pose any threats on both governments and would only represent honest, authentic and non-discriminatory realities and verities that political negotiators should sagaciously consider.

I have taken the initiative to pave the road in front of academicians who continued to feel deprived from serving their countries in both sides. I, of course, look forward to receiving favorable responses from the targeted group of this proposal via Sudan Vision or e-mail facilities to prepare for subsequent future articles in this regard.

Forum List

Back