The United States of America “obtained” 55% of Mexico’s territory at gunpoint

History is, in fact, my specialty, Old. The Conquistadors conquered and enslaved the natives, but they did not purposely commit genocide. They intermarried and created the Hispanic race. While millions died from diseases brought by Spaniards, they did not intentionally kill natives with germ warfare.

The Europeans did not intermarry with the natives. They committed genocide, pure and simple. Hitler even used our treatment of Native Americas as his justification for ridding the world of Jews. Of course, if you can point to the North American equivalent of the mixed race native and Spaniard (Hispanic), I will happily concede that point.

Then you would know that Conquistadors were primarily from Spain and Portugal. Last time I looked dumbass, they are both European. Seems to me when you say European, you mean white people. Willing to concede playing that race card.

Ok, I will narrow it down, if you wish. The Spanish and the Portuguese did not commit genocide in Latin and South America. The Europeans who settled what became the United States did commit genocide. So, you see how easily you won that round?

Are you saying that Florida isn't part of the U.S. St. Augustine is the oldest, continuously occupied European settlement on the 48 contiguous States. It was founded in 1565 by Pedro Menendez de Aviles.

Nobody is suggesting that anyone give any land back to anybody. I am suggesting that history be taught with truthfulness, instead of sugar coating the genocide that our ancestors did to obtain the land.

History is, in fact, my specialty, Old. The Conquistadors conquered and enslaved the natives, but they did not purposely commit genocide. They intermarried and created the Hispanic race. While millions died from diseases brought by Spaniards, they did not intentionally kill natives with germ warfare.

The Europeans did not intermarry with the natives. They committed genocide, pure and simple. Hitler even used our treatment of Native Americas as his justification for ridding the world of Jews. Of course, if you can point to the North American equivalent of the mixed race native and Spaniard (Hispanic), I will happily concede that point.

Then you would know that Conquistadors were primarily from Spain and Portugal. Last time I looked dumbass, they are both European. Seems to me when you say European, you mean white people. Willing to concede playing that race card.

Ok, I will narrow it down, if you wish. The Spanish and the Portuguese did not commit genocide in Latin and South America. The Europeans who settled what became the United States did commit genocide. So, you see how easily you won that round?

Are you saying that Florida isn't part of the U.S. St. Augustine is the oldest, continuously occupied European settlement on the 48 contiguous States. It was founded in 1565 by Pedro Menendez de Aviles.

Nobody is suggesting that anyone give any land back to anybody. I am suggesting that history be taught with truthfulness, instead of sugar coating the genocide that our ancestors did to obtain the land.

Yes genocide. It is a terrible thing. Are you referring to the Mexican genocide against the Yaqui Indians? In 1868 the Mexican Army burned 150 Yaquis alive in a church. The Mexicans sold over 5000 Yaquis into slavery up until 1908. At Valle National the Yaquis were worked until they died. Maybe you are referring to the Pueblo people of Southern Arizona and New Mexico. They lived in Pueblos and now live on top of defendable mesas to protect them from the Navajos and others who wanted them all dead. Is this the genocide you speak of ? Nobody is saying that two wrongs make a right. Most cultures have done despicable things because some people are despicable. You pointing your finger at "us" several times is obviously an indictment to conjure up shame for the good-old-USA. To what end I ask. Seriously, what do you want "us" to do or say ? None of the criminals or victims are still alive. You are not a victim and I am not a criminal.

How about we start repenting by handing California back?
I was thinking Oak Grove, Massachusetts.

Never was owned by Mexico.

Oh, wait, you believe Oak Grove is the name of one of Our Kenyan President's additional 7 states!

OK, you're forgiven. Your indoctrination is not your fault.

Jibberish is all you have ? Only a coward and a traitor would give away property of the United States of America because we "Mugged" Mexico for the land. It was offered for sale by Mexico and the USA bought it. Your California hating is misplaced. We are NOT all the same and we are still part of the US.............dumbass. Give away your own home. How did Massachusetts get its name ? Never mind, I won't be checking back.

Forum List

Back